It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central Database of whats out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Greets,
I was reading over some threads earlier about Astronaut reports of scary encounters etc. which led me to start googling... I haven't had any luck but that could be my lack of understanding on terminology for searches.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of a central DB of accounts and a 'bestiary' of sorts. Something linking accounts with descriptions and back grounds on other cases of said encounter. What little I have found struck me more as a creature listing for a role-playing game, which I hope isn't all there is out there.

Any directions either on sites or terminology would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

I am sorry if I don't understand 100% what you are asking, but maybe you should check MUFON. It has a database of sorts with sightings, etc.

I sure hope you find what you are looking for and hopefully, if you don't, you will be driven to create it. Either way I hope you share what you are lead to with us, here.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

I am sorry if I don't understand 100% what you are asking, but maybe you should check MUFON. It has a database of sorts with sightings, etc.

I sure hope you find what you are looking for and hopefully, if you don't, you will be driven to create it. Either way I hope you share what you are lead to with us, here.

I shall certainly give MUFON a look over, appreciated

And, I've got no problem in creating a DB with the stuff. The creation of the infrastructure wouldn't be a problem..
I just lack content. No idea if ATS would be interested in starting up a project like that as I also must admit I do not know how it would be dealt with in regards to copyrights.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
MUFON wants 45 bucks a year. I am more of an open source type dude and at the moment too poor to justify the spending :/

GUess that answers that part.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

You can use the MUFON site without paying to join.

Simply go to MUFON.comand click on the desired field which you want to look in.

new topics

top topics

join