It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the reasons will soon be obvious

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The book is out of print, but you should be able to find copies still on Amazon.com, etc. If you look at the picture of me with Buzz Aldrin in My Pictures, you'll see us with a copy of my IMPACT novel.

Here is a review of my novel from way back when:

www.amazings.com...

Unfortunately, an astronaut friend of mine, Mike Mullane, who wrote Red Sky, put me onto Northwest Publishing, Inc., because the publisher, Jack van Treese, was a big space buff. I did booksignings all over the country, and we made our first bestseller list, for one of the major bookstore chains, and they had just put in a big order. The publicity guy told me that once Bea Dalton Bookstores did that, Books-A-Million, Barnes and Noble, etc, would follow, and in a few weeks we could have a New York Times bestseller. The next week, Federal marshalls swooped in, confiscated all of their computers, and arrested Mr. van Treese. It turned up that he and his lawyer had siphoned off millions of dollars from the company, and everything went into the crapper, including my book. It was a time of great disappointment for me, in many ways.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
As far as that reviewer thinking some of my conclusions were reckless, that was several years prior to the loss of Columbia because of the very reason my crew was in danger - damage to the Thermal Protection System. Once that crew died, I've wondered if the reviewer would have changed that assessment of how reckless the NASA managers actually are. After all, we lost two shuttle crews, and both times because of poor decisions for known problems!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Sorry to hear about the bastard publisher you got hooked up with!!

...an astronaut friend of mine, Mike Mullane...

I just read his book!!!
What a hoot!

His daughter...(Laura? Linda?) was just featured in the local weekend paper supplement the other day The Washington Post magazine that comes with the Sunday paper. She's a local horse enthusiast....

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

With the last of the space shuttles launching this year, it might be a good time to update and maybe remarket it to the larger chains. Or you may be too busy. Ha.

Sounds like a good nove, but can't seem to find a copy on Amazon or anywhere else, but that may be just me.

Noticed that part about reckless in the review. It's amazing how so many people just refuse to believe anything bad about organizations and people in positions of power. They can't be that ignorant about everything that's going on around them, can they?

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I do plan to re-publish it soon. If you read "Red Sky" you sure don't want your small kids around.

The "content" made a highly negative response with the entire space community. As soon as it came out, every space center in the country, and bookstores near space centers, all immediately carried the book. At the KSC commisary, they had stacks of the book the first day it was on the market. Within a week, it was removed from every official location.

I asked Mike, later, why he put so much sex into the book, and he said that he wanted it to be exciting. Oooops!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hahaha. Sex'll do it. Mike's a smart man. Anyhow, so how can I find a copy? I still haven't had much luck.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
They don't have an image, but there are still a few books left, 15 years later.

www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dus-stripbooks-tree&field-keywords=gregory+rogers+impact+novel+&x=18&y=22

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
They don't have an image, but there are still a few books left, 15 years later.

www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dus-stripbooks-tree&field-keywords=gregory+rogers+impact+novel+&x=18&y=22

thanks...that worked. wow...priced from $9 to $60.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I must pipe up and say that i have found Truth1000's various threads to be interesting and impressive in their content so i hope this book lives up to expectations.

But, as another poster has said, is it truly so revolutionary that it will stand head and shoulders above the myriad books already published on these themes?

Im really looking forward to seeing how this pans out and i hope it is a success.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wow, could you give us a few "key" words, so that we kind of know what it is about? I might read it, if I knew more about the subject.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I do not care about this unpublished product you speak of.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

You definately have a point!

And im sure more people would read it with a bit more information!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It isn't so much that each story covered is earth-shattering, it is the ability to link the actions so that the tapestry of events begin to make sense, because they are finally being presented in the context of how they developed and proliferated.

One of the major aspects of the story deals with how the U.S., when they entered WW I, had no major codebreaking capabilities. However, it was Room 40 for the British that intercepted and decoded the Zimmerman Telegram, that really helped change American neutraility toward the Britis enough to lead us into the battle.

As a result, Herbert Yardley was given the fledgling operation designation as the Eighth Section of Military Intelligence, or MI-8. During the war, they began to make headway into leading the U.S. into the 20th Century for intelligence operations. Because he wanted to be away from all of the political games, etc., in Washington, Yardley set up the headquarters of his operation in NYC. For those who can remember, think about how the "Man from U.N.C.L.E." was set up there, based on the stories that came out about MI-8. While I don't want to go into great detail here, it was what later happened to MI-8, which Yardley called "The Black Chamber" that set up the pattern that would be followed by so many later intelligence operations. Once you see what happened to MI-8, and understand their dynamics, so many other intelligence operations throughout the century begin to make sense.

In fact, as the first Federal function to receive funding from Congress without any itemization of the purpose of the funds, MI-8 became the first classified budget function within the U.S. Government. As it dealt with the "Black Chamber," these items became known as "Black" functions or operations. That is how the term "Black ops" and all of the related "Black" [aka secret, covert, classified] references came into being.

Obviously, the story in the book is very complex, but this is just a small sample of what the book will contain.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I do not care about this unpublished product you speak of.

Thanks for sharing.

Nobody asked if you cared about it. Why come in here and be like this? You seem to do this to members on here.

OP I hope you keep us up to date on this book. I am looking for Impact right now. I love information like this and I am always looking for new material to read..

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The book is over 600 pages, so obviously I cannot explain the whole thing here, but I will include some of the major elements, even though many of them may appear out-of-place.

- British East India Company
- slave trading history/politics/practical applications
- European colonization history, theory, and repercussions
- the development of an international banking system, largely due to the actions and functions of the Knights Templar
- privateering and pirates
- events leading to the American Revolution
- Masonic influences in the pre-revolution and the Revolution itself
- events influencing the French Revolution, and the rise of Napoleon
- Early concepts of NGOs/PMCs
- Radio Communications Act of 1914
- British Room 40 actions and events in WW I
- American MI-8/Black Chamber
- Signals Intelligence Service
- Op-20-G
- 1921 International Naval Summit in Washington
- One-time pads and other intelligence technology/advances
- Opium development and marketing, followed by the exploitation of codeine, heroin, morphine, and other "medicinal" narcotics
- The First and Second Opium Wars
- Western influences leading to the rise of Mussolini in Italy and Adolph Hitler in the post-Weimar Republic Germany

NOTE: All of this is BEFORE addressing any topics AFTER 1930.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
For those who are interested, my friend has learned that the publisher has experienced some unusual inquiries from Governmental sources about this book, and has decided to try to push up the release date to as early as August, because they now want to get it out to protect themselves.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If what you claim is correct then your better off releasing it immediately because it will never see the light of day. unless of course your generating hype for marketing

Either way I wish you luck.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The press release and whoopla are 7 - 14 days away, but the publisher's website has the book now available.

www.createspace.com...

NOTE: there is a new thread about the story, now that it is in the public domain. Pay attention to the fact that the typos are INTENTIONAL!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join