It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julia Gillard to become Prime Minister

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Milleresque

Anybody here who thinks Abbott will make for a decent Prime Minister is...utterly insane. The man is a religious nutcase, completely out of touch with every-day reality, with no personality and the laugh of a crooked money-lender.
post by Milleresque

Don't assume everyone who has been kicked in the teeth one too many times by labor will be voting liberal.

Labor have dic@#% us around So much this term ,and they KNOW IT,hence the latest stunt.
Come on people a vote for the major 2 is a vote for complacency in politicians,doesn't matter WHAT THEY DO you'll eventually tire of the party in power.......

[edit on 24-6-2010 by mumma in pyjamas]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

Labor have dic@#% us around So much this term ,and they KNOW IT,hence the latest stunt.

and , they got given a surplus of billions, where are we now, and dont mention the GFC, we are riding it alone, we always will ,we have sh*t in the ground

Rudd lost it by losing every self retirees money bag, he was a dipsh&t, did not think of the backlash

Case in piont, did anyone know the oil and gas companies have paid that amount of tax that Rudd introduced for 20 years or more

Wal

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
the definition of insanity is to repeat the same thing over and over and f*cking over again and expect a change.

I think anyone voting for liberal OR labour is worthy of the above definition...

If that party from Nimbin re-appear I'll vote for them

do you really think a bunch of stoners could mess things up any worse than the current candidates?????

-B.M

[edit on 24/6/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Oh want a sorry day it has been. Rudd was a good man..he was a human and he had failings. I did not not agree with all of his policies, but he he brought the humanity back to our nation after the Howard years. Under Howard we where not a nation just an economy.
It is now hard to say who Australians should be voting for. As mentioned Abbott is no better than Howard, and could be worse considering his religious zeal. On the other hand labor and their Internet filter....the choice is hard. If Gillard did a minor cabinet reshuffle and dumped Stephen Conroy to the backbench....unlikely, more likely if it happened would be a portfolio shuffle I still couldn't bring myself to vote labor. And that is coming from a life long labor voter and party member.

What has occurred over the last 48 hours is a betrayal of the Australian people. We don't exactly vote for the party leader, we vote for the local rep (or the party). But the leader is the embodiment of the party and all that the party stands for. We think we are voting for that leader. Come election day unless polices are changed, it will be interesting.

Good luck Kev, whether others on the board agree, I think he did us proud and I am glad he was the PM.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Just happened across this on accident - failed to see it on American news so figure I'd bump the thread

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
In my opinion, Australia is now in a political mess. It was 'hoped' that Gillard would attract the female vote but she does nothing for me. I see her as patronizing, bossy and full of herself. There's no way I will vote for her. The alternative is no better. Abbott says himself that he can't be believed all the time. So where can we put our trust?????? Big question!!!! There's no one here that is fit or trustworthy to run our nation. All I can say is "god help us'.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bluebird2

There are 23 other parties to choose from ya know...

Not all will be possible to vote for in your electorate - but (virtually) all will be in the senate.

If you see my avatar - you can take that as a suggestion.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me why Julia Gillard is still in office after being charged with treason. I thought the rules say that you cannot sit in parliament if you have a treason charge outstanding.

More importantly, I physically found her summons on the internet and she appeared in court in 2007. Why did we not hear about the outcome and why is there absolutely no trace of it anywhere on the internet. I want to know if she was guilty or not.

If this is news to you, she copped the charge for removing the crown from WA. It did happen so I guess that makes her guilty! So how is she now running the country????????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join