It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP must die!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe
Your pissing in the fountain would be a *willful* act ...

You don't think this gulf mess was a willful act? That thing didn't start leaking all on it's own you know. Humans WILLFULLY and INTENTIONALLY went out there and drilled a hole into mother Earth KNOWING full well what they were risking when they did so. If you end up with a bullet in your head playing Russian roulette, I'd call that willful too. If oil was meant for the humans to play with and enjoy, it would be up on the surface where we live and where apples and oranges grow.

I would argue that the number of successful wells and pumping operations point to the fact that statistically it would be rightly assumed that drilling, all things being equal [and they MAY well NOT have been on the Deepwater Horizon], that their *intent* could be safely assumed to be a successful well sunk.

I can willfully and with perfect intent, get in my car, start it, pull out of my drive, turn onto the highway that I traverse every day, and die in a spectacular violation of physics when a semi-tractor trailer rig and my car attempted to occupy the exact same space at exactly the same time. Does that demonstrate my *willful* intent to have that fatal accident? Your logic seems to suggest it would. Please do correct any misapprehension on my part.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Please
Remove
This
Thread

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Divinorumus
Well said, Yes throw out all the legal mumbo jumbo and what do you know there is a guilty party after all.
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by madhadder545

If I was in charge, I would take all the BP bosses, put them all on a ship, take the ship to the middle of the oil spill, and make them walk the plank!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe
Does that demonstrate my *willful* intent to have that fatal accident? Your logic seems to suggest it would. Please do correct any misapprehension on my part.

Yes, I would have to say that is a willful act too, knowing what the risks are, regardless of how risky it was to do so. Conversely, one can also willfully NOT do so and avoid the chance of those consequences too.

Tell me, if someone invented a free unlimited energy source, but it had a 1 in billion chance of blowing up the Earth, and they decided to use that technology anyhow, knowing the risks, and the Earth blew up, wouldn't you call that willful? It doesn't have to be 100% certainty of failure in order for something to be considered a willful tragedy. Even a 1 in a billion chance of KABOOM is a consequence of a willful act. Same with Russian roulette. You may or may not end up dead playing that game, but if and when you do end up dead, you don't think that was intentionally willful .. knowing there was a loaded round in there somewhere?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
Oh for heavens sake. The man was released of his duties on the oil leak. what is he supposed to do, stay home and cry all day?

I liked this.

OP:

It's summer here in the US, and my guess is, you are American. It's summer, and you more than likely have your AC kicking.. and I'm not just talking about Anderson Cooper.

night time = lights on..

Shower today? How long did the water run? What heats your water?

Brush those pearly whites today? Did you leave the water running? Some toothpastes wouldn't be on the shelves at Wal-Mart if there wasn't an oil leak. Did you know that?

Take a piss?

Watch any tv? Run up to the store for anything?

^^ In that last sentence, run = drive.

Are you too lazy to walk, or is it because it's three blocks away?

Are you posting threads on an oil based product to ATS again? Know how much energy that takes?

Point, you ask..

We are ALL hypocrites to some extent.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I for one will not support any 'bp should die' BS.

The bp responsible for the oil leak and the bp stores are not the same entity. The store level employees need their jobs. They don't even sell BP gas or products. It is a name only.

If you want to take aim at BP, take aim at the top level execs. Not the guy/girl at the gas station. They bust their asses and their checks do not come from BP.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I for one will not support any 'bp should die' BS.

The bp responsible for the oil leak and the bp stores are not the same entity. The store level employees need their jobs. They don't even sell BP gas or products. It is a name only.

If you want to take aim at BP, take aim at the top level execs. Not the guy/girl at the gas station. They bust their asses and their checks do not come from BP.

I love going to the local BP gas station. I enjoy buying and drinking their cappachino. They really do make great cappachinos.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhadder545
First off I'm niether activest or a lefty buuuuuttt OK I know that this has been said before but I have to say something..
I've been watching the news all day and know one showed up on the beach till just now(2 pm pac) the CEO is watching a yacht race the whole company has been what could be called gross negligence at least!!! Needs to die!!
Just being "FRANK"

[edit on 19-6-2010 by madhadder545]

What about the corrupt US officials who gave the permissions in exchange for a backhander? In particular, Andrew Lundquist (former Director of Energy Policy for Dick Cheney) and Jim Grant (former Chief of Staff at the US Minerals Management Service, who gave permission with no regulation & scant regard for the wildlife orders supposed to protect endangered species in the Gulf).
Take a quick guess at which Multinational corporation they both now work for?
Also - please do not forget Eric Washburn (Democrat, Obama supporter & BP Lobbyist who may well have ended up as Obama's Health Secretary if a scandal over his failure to actually pay any Income Tax had not removed him)
Why should they not also die by the same rhetoric?

It was corrupt US officials that made this possible. Sure, BP lied. As do all Oil companies - take a long, hard look at the mess in Alberta & Alaska right now. Wonder who will get the blame when that inevitably goes tits us?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by neil wilkes]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
reply to post by madhadder545

We have some brilliant people on this web site. They honestly suggest that we should destroy a multi billion dollar company, just because they are annoyed that their greed for crude oil has encouraged a company to push the rules to the limit to make a profit on its investment.

Let me just say this because I do look at both sides, I think I excplained myself before. Perhaps my thread name was harsh I'll give that.
I thought about it,,,,ok they say that 10,000 people would lose there jobs??How many people live "on the coast" from Louisiana to Florida? I'll bet there hundreds of thousands. Then there is the death of 11 people thousands of animals and it's just going to get worse.
I think the scales make it very clear

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

See thats what is wrong with boycotts you are hurting the wrong people

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I already said my title was wrong get over it

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Truth is BP had nothing to do or very little to do with it...The UN couldn't get their bogus global warming tax so this is plan B...
Intentionally dump oil...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
They make you all focus on BP as if they are the evil oil company and the rest are either good or not bad enough for you to worry about. That's a bunch of B.S. they are all controlled by the same groups of people with the same agenda.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I just can't wait for this to go down so I can finally spit in their face and bury them alive....
Much deserved...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Bp rented the rig
Bp did not own the Bop but did continue drilling after part went faulty
Most workers were american
USA approved the drilling
Haliburton did a bodge job on the cement.
Transocean is in overall control of the oil.

Yes kick some ass but apart from the name being used i see little activity from Bp and 40% is american owned.

Why did goldman sach sell a 44% stake in Bp just before it blew up ?

Why was local goverment not allowed to start work untill after the oil came ashore.

The lot stinks and americans need to stand up and be counted

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Noe to one line it and I am a christian but "Iagree "!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join