It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have scientists found proof that ghosts exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Professor David Fontana took a deep breath and opened a side-door into the mechanic’s workshop. He peeked inside but could see virtually nothing through the murky gloom.
“Well, here goes,” he mumbled as he stepped into the workshop.
An icy chill rippled slowly down his spine. He looked up, momentarily startled by what he saw. A small piece of engine casing appeared to be levitating a few feet in front of his nose. It tilted slightly to the side and then flew directly towards him. He ducked aside as it whizzed past his head and smashed into the wall behind him
LINK

I found this quite interesting and thought that some ATSers would too. Ive heard of events at this place before and can honestly say it is one of the more convincing.

Enjoy, CaF.

[edit on 19/6/2010 by Catch_a_Fire]

[edit on 19/6/2010 by Catch_a_Fire]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Where are the links?

who are the scientists?

What is this place?

Need more info please.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Link added, sorry having a slow day today lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Sorry, but where did you get the topic name from? Is there scientists proving that ghost exist in the film?? Havent seen it yet. Just wondering where you got the topic name from

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I saw a purple dinosaur.
He had wings.
Fire breath.
I also met a wookie once.
Kermit the frog got away though.
And I will catch that road runner. one of these days.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Go to the link and the title heading is there, the video's are just to accompany the link to give you more info on 'poltergiest pete'.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
hi, i am a believer and a tech-junky.
i find these two first sequences of the video are real and no fake.
i mean the sequence, where a lower body forms in a kind of mist next to the tree, and the sequence with the white mist "hiding" behind the gravestone.
look at how it is fading away, awesome. i know very many and the newest special effects of that sort (mist developing and fading), but i think this is the real deal.
ok, enough said, here it is: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Science may not have proof ... may never have proof. But science knows, or should, that ghosts exist

So does organised religion

After the World Wars, for example, literally thousands of normal, sober individuals reported their experience/s of ghosts to their clergy, to their MPs, to newspapers, etc.

These were the same people who were considered reliable enough to run machines, to fly planes, to drop bombs, to infiltrate enemy lines, to raise children, to drive buses and cars, to serve on juries, to serve as doctors, nurses, police, firemen, ambulance-drivers and to give testimony in courts, etc. Same people. And they didn't suddenly all just become less than reliable because they'd seen a ghost

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Bit of a misleading title!

In answer to the thread title - No, scientists have not found proof that ghosts exist.

David Fontana was involved with the Scole Experiments, which were intriguing and worth a look, especially as towards the end they seemed to show more sinister forces, backing up the biblical position that spirit communication does not occur and that such communication is likely from Satanic forces.

How would a scientist prove a ghost anyway? A scientists might be able to prove that 'something' is present, but how would they prove that this something is the spirit of an ex-human?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Im not understanding why the title is misleading, if you read through the link properly you see why this question is relevant.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think ghosts are real, same with 'aliens' but I don't know what they are. I do know they're scary

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

In answer to the thread title - No, scientists have not found proof that ghosts exist.

David Fontana was involved with the Scole Experiments, which were intriguing and worth a look, especially as towards the end they seemed to show more sinister forces, backing up the biblical position that spirit communication does not occur and that such communication is likely from Satanic forces.

How would a scientist prove a ghost anyway? A scientists might be able to prove that 'something' is present, but how would they prove that this something is the spirit of an ex-human?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If ghosts are real then so is Santa!

[edit on 19-6-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia

To be fair to the OP he is only following the title from the link in his first post here.
Not really a misleading title in all honesty but to make it clear quotes are probably needed.

Anyway yes, it’s a challenge to prove the existence of ghosts/spirits/entities or whatever you'd prefer to call them but it doesn't mean we're not or shouldn’t be trying to prove them to be real or experiments shouldn’t be done etc. because in my opinion it’s most definitely not an impossible task to achieve (assuming ghosts are real of course
)

But experiments of a paranormal nature have been, are doing and will continue to be done, just look at experiments and projects such as the Ganzfeld experiment or maybe something like project star gate to name a few.

I'm confident, and this may just be me being ambitious or wanting it to happen more than anything else but I'm confident that as days go by and as more experiments are done with a purely scientific method ofc. we will be moving closer to proving an otherworldly existence.

Who knows for now though what it’ll take to prove or what lengths we’ll have to reach especially in terms or proving an actual ghost to be that of an ex human etc.
But if ghosts are indeed real and we’re not wasting our time here then they’re out there to be found.

Sadly though we simply don’t have the answers right now but that doesn’t mean the answers will never come.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I was watching The Ricky Gervais show last night and he made a point that humoured me, which I hadn't considered before.

The jist of the joke was that it's funny there were no ghosts until after the Victorian era and that we never see cavemen ghosts or ghosts from earlier periods in history.

And it does seem odd that ghost reports adhere to Victorian and post-Victorian ghosts.

Just some food for thought. Where are all the cavemen ghosts!?

join