It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medvedev sees chance for new world order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Medvedev sees chance for new world order

www.ft.com

Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian president, said Moscow was bidding to help lead efforts to build a new world economic order after the old system collapsed in the global financial crisis.

Opening Russia’s annual economic forum in St Petersburg where hundreds of global chief executives have flocked, Mr Medvedev said the renewed interest in Russia this year was a sign of a changing world in which the institutions of the western-dominated world order had had their day amid thousands of corporate defaults and the threat of sovereign defaults.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is obviously an attempt to glorify the Russian cause, why it is tied into a NWO rhetoric? Bizarre!

Mr Medvedev said. “For Russia this situation is a challenge and an opportunity. We are living in a unique time. And we should use it to build a modern, flourishing and strong Russia ... which will be a co-founder of the new world economic order and a full participant in the collective political leadership of the post-crisis world.”

Medvedev laid out a plan:

“Russia needs a real investment boom”, in order to achieve its modernisation goals, he said. To stimulate that, Mr Medvedev announced Moscow would introduce zero taxation on capital gains for companies working on long-term investments starting from January next year and said Russia was improving the legal system to provide better protection for businesses against the long arm of bureaucracy.

Perhaps Mr. Obama should take a lesson from Mr. Medvedev:

Responding to criticism that Russia’s approach to building an innovation economy was driven from the top down and state interference could hinder development, Mr Medvedev said the state would concentrate its efforts on fostering a good business climate. “No matter how many state-owned companies we have, modernization will happen, above all, through private business. And only if there is competition,” he said. “The state should not tear down the apples from the tree of economics. What the government should do is help grow our apple orchard, develop our economic environment.”

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Sounds more like he is describing russia plans at modernising along with developing business growth.. Seriously doubt that a russian would use the term new world order in the context that a westerner would...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Seriously doubt that a russian would use the term new world order in the context that a westerner would...

Right, but on the other hand Medvedef knows the meaning of NWO and what he is implying to the rest of the world by his rhetoric!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
This is obviously an attempt to glorify the Russian cause, why it is tied into a NWO rhetoric? Bizarre!

Yes, the Russians would love to be able to dominate the economies of Europe, at least, and their gas and oil resources are a very powerful tool, in the long-term.
I can certainly see the way Medvedev's mind is working, and I don't like it at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Yes, the Russians would love to be able to dominate the economies of Europe, at least, and their gas and oil resources are a very powerful tool, in the long-term.
I can certainly see the way Medvedev's mind is working, and I don't like it at all.

It is an American misconception that Europe is dependent on Russia or could dominate European politics. Yes, Russia is of strategic importance and most European countries (apart from Norway and the Netherlands) are largely dependent on Russian gas and oil to a smaller extent, but what people forget to mention is that Russia is as dependent on Europe as Europe is on Russia. Europe is by far Russia's main trading partner with FDI in Russia coming for 75% from EU member states. If you understand the importance of FDI to an emerging economy like Russia, you understand the importance of Europe's role.

Russia has for too long lived on revenues from oil and gas and although it is a powerful political and financial asset, it is not a sustainable way to develop your economy on. Besides, Europe cannot be easily replaced by another foreign customer for its oil and gas reserves. It is not as simple as people think. It would take decades and billions to construct infrastructure to supply similar amounts of oil and gas to, let's say, China.

Considering the importance of our mutual interests, I sincerely hope that relations between Russia and the West will change and it seems we're heading into the right direction. Russia is planning to buy billions of arms from European NATO countries while NATO will no longer push Ukraine to join the alliance.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by DISRAELI

It is an American misconception that Europe is dependent on Russia or could dominate European politics.

I'm not an American.
I'm English, and I made my comments from the standpoint of my awareness of European history.
There is a long history of Russian interest in dominating western Europe going all the way back to Napoleon's time.
It could be dangerous to be complacent about "closer relations".

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Quite a long time ago I observed that Russia would be the new influence in Europe. (This was only to my partner and not on ATS)

I still think this is the case and we will see American influence wane as it draws in it's horns after taking a beating somewhere in the world.

I would welcome a capitalist Russia, but without it's Zionist oligarchs preferably.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Expat888

Seriously doubt that a russian would use the term new world order in the context that a westerner would...

Right, but on the other hand Medvedef knows the meaning of NWO and what he is implying to the rest of the world by his rhetoric!

Yes, Medvedev knows the meaning of New World Order, whereas NWO conspiracy theory fanatics don't.

Are you saying that every president and prime minister should stop saying they want a New World Order because there is a group of conspiracy theorists who can only read that into something evil?

You said yourself it makes no sense. That's because he is not talking about our precious NWO theory. He is talking about change, the main one being the weakening of US influence on worldly afairs. Brazil´s president, Lula, asks for the same thing when he asks for a New World Order. He means he wants developing countries to have more decision making power in world matters.

Hugo Chavez, president of Venezuela, is constantly asking for a New World Order where power stops being centralized, which he says is the failed imperialist american model. Here what he said recently:

"The unipolar world has collapsed. The power of the U.S. empire has collapsed," he continued. [Emphasis added.] "Everyday, the new poles of world power are becoming stronger. Beijing, Tokyo, Tehran. It's moving toward the East and toward the South."

There is more than one meaning to New World ORder. There is the conspiracy meaning and then there is just what world leaders say in their speach to emphasize they want to change things. And what better time to ask for change than when the US and EU are going through so much economical problems?

A recent report from OECD shows that developing countries should have almost 60% of the world's GDP by2030.

The world is already changing a lot and world leaders know this is the best opportunity to boast about their countries and try to change things in the way that are most beneficial to themselves.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I can't believe this article did not get more attention. This is a real conspiracy between China and Russia to remove the USD as a reserve currency. This could potentially destroy the United States' economic superpower status. This could be a much more apocalyptic scenario than the freaking oil spill.

Maybe Macroeconomics is out of the league of most of the people that post here. Maybe you guys don't understand the way the economic game is played on planet Earth. This is how we are enslaved to TPTB. People are killed over money, not religion.

Chine just overtook the US in manufacturing. China is the prime example of this "police state" everyone here is so excited about. Chinese complacency is such that they dont even notice it except for the few that try to speak out and end up dead.

This is a conspiracy to export the economic and political models of Russia and China to the rest of the world and it gets ignored. A real honest to god conspiracy sitting in front of you and people want to scream about lava in the oil spill.

This is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
I can't believe this article did not get more attention. This is a real conspiracy between China and Russia to remove the USD as a reserve currency. This could potentially destroy the United States' economic superpower status. This could be a much more apocalyptic scenario than the freaking oil spill.

I would be more than happy to see this happening. In fact, if you click on the link my signature, you'll find out that the EU and the US have been fighting a very dirty war for the past ten years. One superpower can never be good. When there was the USSR, there was at least some balance. Nowadays, the US behaves like a monster, a monster that keeps the world hostage.

It would be fair if there would be a number of world reserve currency and not just the Dollar.

You don't get what I'm telling you, check out the link and you'll understand how the puzzle pieces fit together. It explains much of what has happened over the past decade.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I certainly do not disagree. I should have been more specific. I meant an apocalyptic scenario for the US. I agree a single superpower is not good. But this story right here is speaking of the economic transition to a one-world government. Political transition will undoubtedly follow. I just don't get why these "police state", "UN is out to get us" people ignore the real theories right in front of them. Instead they opt for fantastical theories that most people would use to brand them as insane. Life is not a sci-fi film or book. Life is real and tangible. Real things are going on right in front of you. Instead people want to speculate on timeline shifts and invisible people that follow them around. Its so frustrating to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

One superpower can never be good. When there was the USSR, there was at least some balance.

The balance included an export of far leftist/communist regimes to central and south African countries as well as numerous S. American countries and Gulf Countries.

The result is incredible loss of human rights, prosperity, ongoing wars of incredible proportion and human degradation.

One superpower opposing oppression is not really a bad thing even if it balances out another power.

The battle that the US now faces is more political, economic and social. One that will continue for at least another decade.

Will the battle ever be won? Of course not, this planet earth, after all!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

I agree. The power will always be shifting. What better a way to keep us all happy distracted slaves to TPTB. One day we will all be communist/monarchical subjects, the next we will be sent someone to free us into democracy. We will be happy until a despot comes along and it starts all over. All the while those guys up there somewhere (Rome) are dealing all the cards in their lives of luxury.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The balance included an export of far leftist/communist regimes to central and south African countries as well as numerous S. American countries and Gulf Countries.

The result is incredible loss of human rights, prosperity, ongoing wars of incredible proportion and human degradation.

And US exported globalist predatory capitalism and by an extent of its political backing - despotism and dictatorships. Do you seriously think that US was so righteous and humanitarian during the Cold War, spreading love, peace and genuine democracy? Care to see the list of all of the dictators that US put in power or backed, and all of the spilled blood by those dictators, not to mentions all of US military campaigns?

US had as much of a hand in the dirty international politics of the Cold War as Soviet Union. Both placed countless despots into power, and both created more mayhem and violence than one would care to count. And yet there was balance, and in certain instances this balance actually helped avoid certain conflicts and hardships. Moreover the balance prevented a monopoly over the world's economic and political environment.

Oh and who else to speak on the topic of ongoing wars, than someone who support the US global hegemony?

One superpower opposing oppression is not really a bad thing even if it balances out another power.

So the Cold War was just that - good vs. evil? Black and white? Do you seriously believe that? Two decades after the end of the Cold War it amazes me how many Westerners still vehemently believe in the complete righteousness of the US and its actions.

More like one superpower using the excuse of opposing oppression to oppress.

The battle that the US now faces is more political, economic and social. One that will continue for at least another decade.

US faces a battle, but not against who it thinks. It can search for enemies outside as long as it wants, and it will probably find some, but that won't get to the root of the problem it faces. The problem is that US creates enemies, and it will continue to do so and to battle them forever as long its global military-industrial complex fuels it.

Russia isn't an enemy, but it can be one if that is what US makes it out as.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

And US exported globalist predatory capitalism and by an extent of its political backing

To China? Or India?

China is now number 2 militarily overtaking Russia. And economically catching up to the EU and in line to overtake Japan. While using what most economists describe as capitalistic principles. "Preditory"capitolism, as you describe and as opposed to non preditory communism?

What Medvedev is describing for Russia in my OP is an effort by Russia via Medvedev to streamline, privatize and become more business friendly to the rest of the world's business. He is inviting business into Russia and giving reassurances that it will not be taken advantage of if it comes in and invests.

Perhaps he has learned by the Chinese example? Or the Indian example of establishing a world market in previously undeveloped 3rd world nations.

Russia is apparently on a learning curve.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

the threat of sovereign defaults

a guy on GLP was claiming to have just gotten out of a meeting, with FSB? something like that, said that russia was planning on attacking (i think he said nuke/bomb) this week. the warships are already here. he says. something about red mercury. (and that it is *real* and in use)

prolly some silly-goose...
then again, i am on these sites a lot and i haven't seen quite so many people at one time (just today) mention/threaten/warn of imminent nuclear threat/major war on american turf. via russia and even china.

if the NWO wanted to make a move to round up america and decimate it, effectively. now would be the time. the gulf is done for...russia to the west, china coming from the east (in reports) and mexico is nipping at our southwest...
not to mention the troops already within our borders.
afghani patsies...muslims galore. i mean, our news and internet chatter is just ripe.
its almost out of my realm of possibilities that we will see the new year without any kind of war having begun.

new topics

top topics

join