It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[BBOT] Homecoming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The sunlight slipped from behind a cloud and flashed thousands of tiny diamonds across the surface of the water. A cold blue blanket drifted to warm green as the tide slipped over the white sand and back out again. Julie stood with her face to the warm April sun, eyes closed tight as the tide stole sand from under her feet and washed it back over her toes. She was six years old. She was always six in this dream. Then, as always, realizing this was a dream brought Julie from the Eden of childhood to the hard cold bed in her dark barracks room.

Someone moaned in their sleep and Julie recognized the nightmare. She was always six in her dream. She was six when the water was clean, six when the charming Pensacola sand turned from a sugary white to a brutal brown. She was six when the men and women came in their chilling black masks and their menacing guns. Men and women like the ones who guarded her stark barracks. Men and women who ripped her from her mother’s arms then shot her parents filling the night with the cacophony of gunfire and screams. They loaded the living in busses to be taken to the waiting trains. Julie was sent with other girls to one train, while her neighbor Danny was sent with other boys to another train. That was the last time she saw Danny, or any boy for that matter. The dead were left where they fell.

Julie rolled over to her side, pulling the gray wool blanket around her shoulders. She was not a child, she was thirteen now and she understood the how’s and the why’s of that day over seven years ago. Those who had complied with the evacuation that fateful night were sleeping safely in their guarded camps when destruction came to the gulf coast. Of course the gulf coast wasn’t the only area that had been evacuated. Most people lived in the camps now, though not many over the age of 16. The camps were the only safe places. Too many people refused the assistance and some actually had the audacity to fire on the evacuation teams. While she still missed her parents, she accepted that resistance could not be tolerated. Most of the grown-ups had resisted and they paid for that crime with their lives. Now it was up to Julie and those like her to take up the challenge of restoring the world.

Today was graduation day and Julie smiled as she contemplated the adventures this day would bring. All of the girls were given their new assignments last night. Each girl was excited and looking forward to their new station. Three of the girls had been chosen for the breeder program, the greatest stature a girl could attain. They were no longer in the barracks and would share the platform with the officials later today. Although Julie’s father had been white, her mother was a Hispanic which disqualified her as a breeder. But Julie no longer cared for status or station. Tonight she and others would board the busses to the work camps in the south. Decontamination crews were needed along the coast. Julie was going home.

edit for spelling

[edit on 6/18/2010 by darkelf]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Wow!

Talk about a life change. Very well done

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Twisted vision of the future.
Loved the psychology aspect.
Well done!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Thank you, I believe this event will change all our lives. I just pray it won't be to this extreme.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well, this is a conspiracy site

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Ok..this is good.

This is too good. I think you need to stop writing short stories and go for a novel, I'd sure as hell buy it.

Thanks for the great read.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This is a haunting beginning. I can see this.

There is something missing from Julie's past that she does not yet know. Her parents would have been "disposed of" anyway, whether they had resisted or not. The aim was to gather the young who were physically strong and could be trained. The youngest of the generation who would see this would be expendible, but used for a time.

There is also something about Julie's future that she does not yet know. Once the breeding program is in place, the next generation will be taught the language of Esperanto, and all communication between those who saw the horrors, will be broken.

A new world and a new human society will emerge from this. People will live in their designated clans. Any who think they can escape will be found...simply because they never knew that the big brother cameras had already been placed worldwide and were still operational.

The generation after Julie will be obedient to the holographic deities, believing that they are benevolent angels. And so, the chapter of Genesis and the enclosed paradise gardens will begin anew. And the evil elite, designating themselves as the "heavenly host" of this planet, will continue their powerful grip even into the next millenium. And thus, the meek will inherit the earth.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Julie deserves better.

This was very well written, methinks, and very interesting, even with it's sad factor and unhappy implications for our future.

But this is why we call it fiction, isn't it? I hope this one remains in that category!

You did a great job with this, and I like it when the writer makes me visualize, which you did. I really enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This was well written, and a scary possible look into our future. Thank you for sharing this one.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone who has read and commented on my story. I have found myself thinking a lot of Julie lately. She has become real to me in more ways than one. I enjoy writing these stories because of the nature of the short story. As the writer, I introduce the character and their circumstances. Once written, the story is no longer mine. As the reader, you begin to fill in the blanks. You wonder what happened in those seven years between the oil disaster and where the story begins. You wonder what happens next, and in reading this story it becomes your story. I am glad that you enjoyed this story. If you are interested in reading my other stories, you can click on the first place and third place images in my signature.

Thank you, once again, for reading this story. For a story is nothing without the reader.

darkelf

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

A very haunting tale my friend. I have been thinking of Julie and her circumstances as well. This is a very well written story and I will be checking out your other stories as well. I am afraid to fill in those blanks that you speak of but they keep coming back to me, demanding I fill them in! Awesome work here.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Darkelf, you were born to write in my opinion. I loved your use of adjectives and your whole concept. It is a conspiracy site and it is a job very well done!

new topics

top topics

join