It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's CEO Crash & burn's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow Just one day after getting rocks handed to him like 11 times BP's CEO Tony Hayward has handed over day to day activities.. Do you thinks he caved in or after his asinine performance BP decided to cut the chord.
Since he has no idea of the day to day activeties, I guess he will just keep doing what he's been doing!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I would say that many CEO's and board members of the mega corporations of the world are just their to get their 'cut'.

They are know-nothing socialites and members of the "club" (that we ain't in).

Isn't it odd that the best compensated, most revered, most deferred to, and most 'celebrity-like' employees of the company do the least, know the least, and even when the time comes to be the 'responsible leader' they are the least 'punished' of all?

Just call them royalty... because in effect - that is what they are. "In charge" because they say so.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Oh, this was definitely a cut-the-cord scenario. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Hayward for this any more than I would blame the janitor that cleans the restrooms at BP's London headquarters. The fact remains though that he has come off as an out-of-touch buffoon on one too many occasions. He was their poster boy - the one who's face was supposed to help paint a brighter picture of BP in these dark times. What did he do? He told the people of the Gulf that he "Wanted his life back."

All of which pales in comparison to the debacle that was his bloodletting in front of the SOC. The man was given in advance a list of the questions he was going to be asked and yet couldn't come up with anything more original than "I'm not sure," "The investigation isn't complete," or "I can't recall that."

Sad, just sad.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Hayward for this any more than I would blame the janitor that cleans the restrooms at BP's London headquarters.

What? (I'll say it again) WHAT?

Corporate policy and decisions do not flow from the bottom up, they flow from the top down. A janitor at BP can not and does not dictate drilling and safety procedures (in fact, they would probably get fired trying).

Who caused this and who is ultimately responsible does not need to be the same individual. The dude that decided to take shortcuts in the drilling of this well caused this, while the CEO is responsible for allowing it to happen.

Chop off both their heads to insure THEY can't do that ever again. It's only too heads fer crying out loud. CHOP CHOP. I doubt few if any would shed any tears if we did so, and doing so would establish a precedent for what will happen to those that ever allow something like this to ever happen again. I mean, good gawd, people have been canned for a whole lot less. How many have gotten the boot simply for showing up at work late .. and yet those that caused this catastrophe are still working for BP? That is so damn suspicious, as if maybe they are keeping those responsible under their employ in order to keep them silent.

top topics

join