It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura in 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I was just watching a youtube video with Jesse Ventura and Sean Hannity from 2008. In this video, Ventura makes a statement that "If" he runs for office again it will be for president in 2012.

If "The Body" decided to run in 2012, would you vote for him?

With his reputation as being against the status quo and with the current politcal environment being quite divided(as it always seems to be), do you think he would have a chance of winning, running as an independant candidate?

If elected, do you think that he would actually change anything in Washington?

Here is the video

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
He would never get elected. I think he would change things if he got elected and that is why it will never happen. Also, he is considered by many slightly fringe because of his conspiracy theory show.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
He gonna wrestle Hogan for the belt again in '12 or somethin?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I wouldn't vote for him UNLESS he starred in a remake of Predator with Arnie (when his governorship is up).

Jesse Ventura - He ain't got time to bleed, again

In all seriousness I couldn't see him as president, his show wasn't all that great (I couldn't even sit through an episode without squirming and cringing) and I honestly don't think he's qualified for so big a job.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I wouldn't vote for him UNLESS he starred in a remake of Predator with Arnie (when his governorship is up).

Jesse Ventura - He ain't got time to bleed, again

In all seriousness I couldn't see him as president, his show wasn't all that great (I couldn't even sit through an episode without squirming and cringing) and I honestly don't think he's qualified for so big a job.
and what are presidential qualifications? being a lawyer? money? corruption? pandering to lobbyists?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
No I wouldn't even consider voting for him. WHile I enjoyed his conspiracy show, he allowed the show to ignore basic science in order to propagate fear. In other words he intentionally misrepresented information to cause a stir. Lost a ton of respect.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hulk Hogan

and what are presidential qualifications? being a lawyer? money? corruption? pandering to lobbyists?

How about a deep understanding of the complex issues facing our nation. Everything from foreign policy, global economics, domestic issues, healthcare, the military. It takes a great deal of knowledge to be President. As for being rich and corrupt, unfortunately that usually helps win elections too, though it definitely isn't a requirement.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
He is an entertainer, like some previous presidents, but I cannot see him winning a Presidential debate let alone an election. He seems to like sensationalism and drama over facts. Keeping an open mind though I will research his record more thoroughly (man that word just looks wrong :puz

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
He has about as good of a chance as Ron Paul.

A snowballs chance in..........

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I would vote for him. I understand most people liked him as Governor most of the time.

He might be the one to get disclosure happening. The Fed types will hate him though.

A poster above they resented him for ignoring science in his show. I did not see that in the few shows I saw. What ever happened to his show anyway?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
He is a human cartoon character.

He lied about being a SEAL,never ever was.Never earned the pin,never served in a SEAL team.

I served in the Navy at the same time and believe me he would never have the balls to show his face at a SEAL convention.

He is just continuing his wrestling persona and getting mentally challenged people to listen to him,like he got mentally challenged people to vote for him.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

How about a deep understanding of the complex issues facing our nation. Everything from foreign policy, global economics, domestic issues, healthcare, the military. It takes a great deal of knowledge to be President. As for being rich and corrupt, unfortunately that usually helps win elections too, though it definitely isn't a requirement.
how was george w bush president then?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

www.navyseals.com...

the official website claims him as a navy seal.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'd vote for Jesse in the same way that I'd vote Ron Paul but due to their status, most people are unlikely to give them a chance.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I don't know

People voted for him, that's how he won (though he seems to have cheated both times).

top topics

join