It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmare vision for Europe as EU chief warns 'democracy could disappear' in Greece, Spain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

Mind you, over 500,000 marched against war in Iraq and yet Blair and his cronies still gave us two fingers.

Double that my friend. Independant media reported up to a million people marching at one point. I think the million figure comes from people marching at various locations (Manchester, Birmingham, London, Liverpool etc)

So yeah, people aren't too afraid to take to the street. Imagine what happens when we start losing money and can't afford big Tv's to watch our favourite celebrities and football.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I wouldnt be at all suprised if democracy disappears from the listed countries . And theres every good reason for it to do so as well. Those nations have lost the most to Europe after all , and been left with less than nothing. Spain Portugal and Greece were all under austerity measures , put in place by the rich rulers of those nations (who would naturaly be immune from any serious pain the measures may cause) and the worst affected would be the poorest, who would find themselves evicted from thier dwelling places, whilst the rich managed to keep thier lavish lifestyles and appear untouched by the ravages inflicted on thier people. The measures put in place were clearly needed according to the EU but its not the European Union who would have been feeling the bite of homelessness , or the pain of not being able to feed a family, or the agony of having to sell its heirlooms because its job stopped paying it enough to live. Europe as a wider entity , is the ultimate democracy , comprising as it does of a large number of member states, and I wouldnt be a bit suprised if that spectre, if that beast becomes the subject of much more hate in the worst affected nations.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Guess we know this is coming alright.

The big shock for me is that they being public with this news.

(snip)

Interesting observation, thank you.
A human is most dangerous when he has nothing left to lose.
A country that had nothing left lose would be far more dangerous

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So he is basically admitting, the people will pay for all of capitalisms greedy mistakes* thats what he is saying. they will go form being nice down to earth buisnessmen and women, to full blown stalin tyrannts restraining thir arms behinds their backs

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Nightmare vision for Europe as EU chief warns 'democracy could disappear' in Greece, Spain and Portugal

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

Democracy could ‘collapse’ in Greece, Spain and Portugal unless urgent action is taken to tackle the debt crisis, the head of the European Commission has warned.
In an extraordinary briefing to trade union chiefs last week, Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso set out an ‘apocalyptic’ vision in which crisis-hit countries in southern Europe could fall victim to military coups or popular uprisings as interest rates soar and public services collapse because their governments run out of money.
(visit the link for the full news article)

yep..give us more power or else...heard it all before...and getting sick of it

[edit on 14-6-2010 by john124]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ya know what the sad part is all? it wa becuase of human greed and corporations* simple as that. ITs all about money, and over all this, most of which probably dosnt even exist in real paper money, everyone should suffer. is that insane or what!
this is what happens when you have a global economy, its not rocket science. a country technically has no borders, in buisness terms. that lets the big banks connect with eachother. countrys will rely on eachohter now to bail eachohter out, but most cant, becuase they have thier own social financial problems. in other words, the entire global community becomes an enormous sink hole, pulling everyone and everything down with it.
This is why, each country needs its own boarders. yeah the Euro was doing fine and danddy when europe united* the problem is corporate banks got reckless and mis cared...and apparently, this effected it to what we read in the news today.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

A human is most dangerous when he has nothing left to lose.
A country that had nothing left lose would be far more dangerous

I would have agreed with this a decade ago.

My opinion on this has totally changed.

We can see today how corrupt most of life is. We constantly hear these great stories from History about how great people where and if it weren't for their actions we would not have it so good today. How can we expect that things were any differnt back then? We only ever hear the winners story. 'His' + 'story'.

I am in the process of loosing everything at the moment. I expect shortly to be in a position where I will have nothing left to loose. I will not fight.

People may believe I have given up. People may think I am scared. People may think I am weak. People may think I have been defeated.

I am not playing anymore. I am ripping up my ticket. I will not fight and I will never ever be defeated even when I have nothing. I have a strange feeling a lot of people could be thinking like this. This is not good news for those who want a fight. There is a lot of people trying to start fights at the minute.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join