It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli - Palestinian conflict by the numbers (The numbers don't lie)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If my neighbor starts shooting a .22 rifle at my house, I'm going to warn him to stop. But if he keeps shooting at my house, there's a very real danger that one of my household is going to be injured or killed.

Why are they shooting at me? They just don't like me.

So after a few weeks of patiently warning my neighbor to quit shooting, that I'll retaliate, he keeps shooting.

I'm not going to break out my .22 rifle. I'm going to get out my .338 Lapua, and start blowing holes right through his house. Now he doesn't give a tinker's damn that his family is inside his house.

In the process of perforating his house, some of his family are killed.

Now.

Who is to blame?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I suggest you all ways look at the bigger picture. The United States doesn't directly send money to Palestine but what we do send does far exceed zero. Your stats on United States contributions to Palistine is wrong do to the sensitive nature of not supporting terrorists ect it is handled diffrently then Isreal. All money alloted to palistininans goes through USAID.

The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funds programs that help people living in the West Bank and Gaza lead healthier and more productive lives. Since 1994, Palestinians have received more than $3.3 billion in U.S. economic assistance via USAID projects - more than from any other donor country.

Heres there web site if you want to learn more instead of just repeat garbage off some anti American website.
USAID

PS the Housing numbers are misleading as well The problem comes in that most of the residences were temporary housing built in the 40s and earlier so if the Israelis blow up a rocket launcher it can cause 50 buildings to be destroyed blocks away from the blast. The problem is the buildings themselves are unstable and in reality needs to be condemned. Problem is The buildings are beyond repair and theres no where to move the displaced families. And this problem wont improve until there government stabilizes(Hamas illegally seizing power from elected government) allowing foreign investors to risk pumping money into there economy. Theres all ways a bigger picture open your eyes!!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This was a really informational thread, thanks for posting. It's easy to understand whats really going on over there, and I myself have sympathized with the Palestinians, although I know if I was over there, the militants would probably kill me...
But I am curious, what do you think we should do to resolve the problem? the Israelies were displaced there after WWII, Into the middle of the Palestinians land. Where do you propose we put these people? Unless they live in peace, which neither side seems willing to do, because they both want the same land. Any solutions from anyone?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

thanks for your work on this subject.
I am a bit new to ATS so I didnt get in on this when it was fresh.None the less I have to say when a guy starts looking for truth he gets an eye full.
My first was reading of the Moses conspiracy.Next was the Head Archeologist at Tel-aviv Univ. finding that he couldnt tie Kings David or Soloman to the Temple.the Author goes on that the Jews have created there own claim unjustly to the land of Israel (Palistine) and claim themselves a super race. Really do they not. Is that not how the Holy Scriptures are written. Jews then Gentiles, and only Jews will see the inside of the temple of heaven...
Seriously I cannot find reference to this find and clearly want to distance my self from a pissing match about what I have offered here. My point is people with the help of the internet have freedom to research and find a "Deeper Logic" if you will, how dare we say anything now is the TRUTH

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mastermook

although I know if I was over there, the militants would probably kill me...

That's simply not true. In fact, if you went into the Palestinian territories, odds are that your security or safety would be violated by the Israelis, not the Palestinians, irrespective of your nationality, creed or religion.

--airspoon

reply to post by mike184ever

It's important to differentiate between Jews and Zionists. The two are not synonymous. I am Jewish, yet I don't think of myself as a master-race, nor do I lay any claim to the lands of Palestine. In fact, a little research would show you that Jews are the most vocal and active opposition to Zionist and Israeli policies.

What's hapening in Israel or with Zionist, at least according to my own research and opinion, is that certain influences behind Zionism are using the history, perception and plight of the Jewish people to forward their own agenda.

Again, please do not mix up Judaism with Zionism.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Thanks for the pointer

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Anybody who looks at the history of the middle east knows that both sides used terrorist tactics. I would say they are all middle easterners if the Christians and Hinuds did not plant bombs in the name of religion either. Buddha get with the program :p .

The Israelis cant go 3rd Reich on the palestinians, but gradually shrinking the next generation, taking up more land as the palestnian population shrinks and repeating the cycle makes sense.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09
On all sides, Israel is surrounded by enemies that want nothing more but to annihilate and destroy the Jewish people as a whole. They hate Israel. They hate the Jewish people. The enemies that surround the State of Israel want nothing more than the complete and utter destruction of the Jews.
[edit on 12-6-2010 by CookieMonster09]

I'm sorry mate, but I have to disagree. While that might have been true during the several wars that they fought with Israel. My opinion is that after this proposal was made, you can't say that anymore: (though it was unfortunately a short lived one)

Arab league proposes full normalisation of relations in exchange for a return to the 1967 borders: www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Numbers.....
We know the jewish people are very good with playing with numbers. Look at the economy. Lets not forget the holohoax. numbers? 6 5 4 3 2 1 million jewish people were murderd by those evil nazis.
Where would those poor opressed jewish folk go from israel? Back to where they belong, in Russia.
edit on 30-6-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
And again, everyone should take GOOD notice of the ATS Israel defense league. What they are allowed to say, what hate they are allowed to incite. Also pay GOOD attention to the "American Christians" that support Israel, I believe a bunch of these to be fake accounts, trying to draw in those on the border.

Great thread Air!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

The Israelis cant go 3rd Reich on the palestinians, but gradually shrinking the next generation, taking up more land as the palestnian population shrinks and repeating the cycle makes sense.

Palestinian population is increasing.

www.prb.org...

www.palestineremembered.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
When I see people defend Israel, they don't use numbers. They use religion and feelings. The arguments against these numbers are so bad that the numbers still stand. The conclusion remains the same. There is a humanitarian disaster happening in the middle-east. In the end, Israel won't last. They are an apartheid-state that is built on religious fanatics. I hope all boycott that country, we should not trade with those kinds of people.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09
On all sides, Israel is surrounded by enemies that want nothing more but to annihilate and destroy the Jewish people as a whole. They hate Israel. They hate the Jewish people. The enemies that surround the State of Israel want nothing more than the complete and utter destruction of the Jews.
[edit on 12-6-2010 by CookieMonster09]

Israeli Minister "We always use the anti-Semitism trick or bring up the Holocaust"

www.youtube.com...

Busted
I guess you didn't get the memo
edit on 30-6-2011 by Danbones because: fixed quote

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
As long as The zionist regime in Israel continues to have the full backing of the United States and receives billions in aid and weapons, then their belligerence to the Palestinians will continue.

Right now there is no incentive for Israel to work towards peace.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am sorry, but no amount of debate will sway me from my hatred of Israel and everything they are doing.

Just look at these images (graphic).....

Israel's War on Children

At least the Palestinians are fighting for their land and what has been taken from them, it is they who are on the defensive.

The Israelis are just fighting to take other peoples land from them, the aggressors.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join