It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have the Jews/Israel ever helped anyone?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Israel CARES for Israel only or what is in the good interests of Israel only.
They don't care for others.

Even If the world war 3 starts, and if Israel is safe, they wouldn't interfere, even if millions of Non-Israelis are killed even.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
"Even If the world war 3 starts, and if Israel is safe, they wouldn't interfere, even if millions of Non-Israelis are killed even. "
Do you blame them? Israel has learnt the hard way not to trust anyone but Israel. For starters the jews were given a new homeland in an area almost guarenteed to cause trouble, then we (the Britsish) were given control we hardly did the best of jobs in setting up a long lasting peace, since then it's pretty much been one big fight. With that many problems at home why would/should they care about other countries' troubles?
In defending themselves for decades,suddenly the world is turning against the Israelis and I genuinely think that if the positiond were reversed would any other country lift a finger to help anyone else?
Realistically, Israel couldn't afford to help,the minute they were busy looking one way an army would be marching in from the other.
try to understand Israel will NEVER be safe!
Sorry, top quote by Coredrill

[edit on 11-6-2010 by consulmac]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by consulmac

Many posters have given great information about the Jewish people fighting for others..Just not the Israeli Goverment troops..

So from that I assume it isn't that the people are unwilling to help, just the leaders...

As for Israel being surrounded by enemies,

The Jews were given choices of where to settle, they pretty much rejected all.. They wanted to be where they are, their so called biblical home..(I say that because I'm not much for religion as control)

Maybe they wanted to be surrounded by6 enemies so they could bring on the predictions..Personally, I would have chosen different..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

fair point, what I'm trying to get across here though is that as things stand israel can't millitarily give aid anywhere else (in repy to Coredrill) as the second they do you can guarantee they would be attacked. whether they want to or not is inconsequential. To do so would be crazy.

whoops, I meant irrelevent..... not inconsequential

[edit on 11-6-2010 by consulmac]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Just as an example..

During WW11 Australia had troops all over the world.
When Australia looked like being invaded through PNG, they didn't pull back from other countries to defend Australia, they stayed and helped the allies....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Just as an example..

During WW11 Australia had troops all over the world.
When Australia looked like being invaded through PNG, they didn't pull back from other countries to defend Australia, they stayed and helped the allies....

They did have a battle fleet of U.S. ,New Zealander and Austrailian ships there to fight the japanese off and prevent them from gaining a foothold on png though, who would be in israels "backyard " to help them? any attack would be sharpish.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I dont think the US did much at all in PNG, their ships were mainly in the Pacific...

Like I said, you do have to wonder why the Jews chose to settle there...
Defending from day one.....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

I dont think the US did much at all in PNG, their ships were mainly in the Pacific...

Like I said, you do have to wonder why the Jews chose to settle there...
Defending from day one.....

"In the Battle of the Coral Sea of 4 to 8 May 1942, a Japanese fleet was intercepted by a force of United States, Australian and New Zealand vessels. The battle was a defeat in that the Allies suffered greater losses. But the battle helped to prevent the landing of Japanese troops on the south coast of New Guinea, where they could have put Australian troops under a great threat, and it weakened the Japanese Navy for the Battle of Midway one month later, when they were defeated in the decisive naval battle of the Pacific." www.anzacday.org.au. Sorry as a fairly new mamber I'm not quite sure how to post links yet.

Although I am not religious surely if you had the option of returning to your "believed" homeland, you would jump at the chance. If christians had the chance to reoccupy jeruselam I'm sure even today many would want to.(be that a stupid idea or not!)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Thanks for the history lesson, I'm always happy to learn.
However that battle started in the Pacific..The US was more concerned with protecting the Pacific than Australia..But they did help..

Yes, I'm sure they wanted their homeland back but maybe they could have settled somewhere else while it settled down...

I wonder how many Jews got to vote on where to settle?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
good question! wish i knew the answer.

i also wish they could have waited for it all to calm down,unfortunately i don't think it ever will. either way it's a terrible waste of lives on both sides in a situation i can't see ending without serious actions.

good to have a discussion on this topic without it turnng into a crazy ass arguament!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I just searched a bit...

They were actually looking at Palistine way before the war, in 1917...

I'll have to read some more...

Yeah, I'm all for factual debates, even sensible opposing views..We cant all have the same opinion but we can be civil.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Israel was one of the top aid senders in the Haiti earthquake.

As far as sending troops to places as other countries have done (Iraq/Afganistan)... they offered to send them, but the US rightly said no thank you. If jews had came into the country to 'kill muslims', every nation in that region would have been brought into the battle and created a Holy War like no other.

And it would seem Israel is pretty busy keeping their citizens alive while keeping the wolves at bay surrounding them.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join