It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Obama may use executive privilege to withhold Kagan documents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
IMO, this is a farce

It's eerily similar to a suspected criminal
going to court and the judge passing
a not guilty verdict before any opening
statements or any evidence is produced.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You're right it is a farce.

Take a couple of things into consideration.

He does not like the prospects of a couple of elections (PA & CO), so he gets his goons to look to bribe candidates not to run. "I want my boys in office, so I'll get my boys in office"

He has this business in the gulf. Instead of commanding the show, being down there and at least being open and candid with folks, he goes on vacation, checks out McCartney, hits the links a bunch of times and shoots some hoops. "I don't care what folks think, I'm going to do what I want"

Now he just wants to place this woman on the Supreme Court. The hell with the constitutional role of the Senate. He wants it, he deserves it and he'll get it. "she's the one I want, and I'll get her"

The gent is a big baby. He's been getting his way his entire life and now is getting petulant because he now has to play by rules. Not Chicago, make them up as you go rules, not community organizing rules, not academic rules, but real rules where there are folks who will expose situations when you attempt to or actually do break them.

IMO he has the real possibility to get extremely reckless and that is not a good thing

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Speaking of him and the oil spill.

Remember when Bush didn't immediatley go down to check out Katrina. Remember how everyone said he didn't care about the poor people and that one fool even went on television saying how Bush doesn't like black people?

Seems like its a double standerd going on.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

First, Bush was requested not to go to hurricane zone by the local officials. They did not want the distraction. He was on Air Force 1 on approach and they called him off and he accepted their wishes.

Second, there was active loss of life during Katrina and the level of urgency was completely different. There was nothing for the President to to "manage" the situation other than give the locals the resources they requested. He did in fact allocate the resources and Nagin and the boys blew that cash, just like they have blown the $40bn we have spent on Katrina aid.

This is different. This is a slowly occuring affair that lends itself to Presidential leadership. I can tell you that Bill Clinton would be in water up to his knees cleaning off pelicans if he was in office. Bill Clinton got people. This is a fatal error on Obama's part. He could have connected with people. He could have cleared his calendar of things like meeting Duke's hoop team and spent more time there. He could have canceled his vacation. He could be giving a 15 minute update to the nation on TV and radio every night. It does not matter if there is anything he can or could do to solve this problem. I strongly doubt there is much he could have done. The problem is that he has not shown any empathy or leadership.

All folks want is a candid leader who connects with people who can deal with matters competently. He has blown this and he knows it.

After 911 when Bush was standing on the rubble with his sleeves rolled up talking to firemen and police, his poll numbers went up over 70%. This was Obama's 911 and he could have used it to create some political capital for himself and unite people.

I'm 100% certain that he cares about this situation and cares deeply about it. I just don't think he has the emotional intelligence to express that and that, more than his policys, more than anything else will be his downfall.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Who cares if he was in air force one and was called off so as not to cause a distraction?

That didn't stop that singer from getting on television and saying he doesn't like black people did it?

Public preception is what I'm talking about and Bush got dumped on while Obama skates by with barely a blurb.

This oil rig did have loss of life and is a major disaster, just like katrina and it seems as if Obama is getting a pass on not checking out or even attempting a fly over of the mess.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

I am 100% with you - I think you may have misunderstood my intent. He certainly is getting a pass, although thats starting to change a bit.

Too many things happening now that are negative for him. Nobody wants to hang around with Charlie Brown and before too long the only folks who will be in his camp are the far-left and the media, which are one and the same.

The left hung on to Jimmy Carter too and then they got hammered with three decades of conservative presidents (counting Clinton as a moderate). The left is going to fight to maintain some legitimacy for this administration like a couple of seagulls fighting over a french fry. When its done, he'll be sitting about 25% approval.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well there have been way too many double standards between him and Bush. If Bush tried hiding some papers, although I don't think he'd be smart enough to consider using his powers or that he was even aware of them, SWHTF. Obama does it, and it kind of flies under the radar.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I am not at all suprised. There's been a clearing on the Internet as it pertains to Kagan. This woman's stance on the Constitution, specifically the first, second, 4th, and 5th, and 8th amendments are WAY out of touch with the interpretations that have kept this nation free(as free as our own complacency will allow) for some time now. She's not judicial material, she's a true radical in her calls for the regulation of free speech, indefinite imprisonment, gun control, and executive power. A truly scary woman.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Considering all the effort to get her into office, she will probably be the next supreme court justice. Things will probably get a lot worse after that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join