It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be amnesty for Illegal aliens??? Or NO???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I truly respect the illegal immigrants that travel across a deadly desert to find a job in the Untied States. I understand their motives and Why they do what they do. I in fact, smpathyize with them. If i was a Mexican living near the boarders of USA with no education, employment, I would personally cross this F**cking desert to feed my family!!!!!!
I think this is the motives behind most illegal immigrants..

So there are two outcomes

1. Immigration reform: give citizenship to all illegal immigrants
2. Keep the current Status quo. Illegal Aliens are ignored...

ATS MEMBERS, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?????

[edit on 3-6-2010 by saabacura]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Option 3: Fine employers $100,000 for every illegal they employ and begin mass deportations.

I choose option 3.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I agree. I choose option 3

That's the best option i see on the page.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The problem with Amnesties is that they are citizenship by stealth.
As soon as one is granted, you'll have millions more coming over the boarder lining up for the next one in 10 -20 years time.
It doesn't solve the problem, it encourages it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
Option 3: Fine employers $100,000 for every illegal they employ and begin mass deportations.

I chose Option 3 also

NO AMNESTY !!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Option 3: Fine employers $100,000 for every illegal they employ

This is the solution to the problem.

and begin mass deportations.

This is a logistical impossibility. It has been discussed, and there is no reasonable way to physically remove millions of human beings from the country within the context of even several decades.

It's ugly, but the illegal immigrants that are here now are not going anywhere. The manpower, resources and financial expense of moving that many people is beyond the scope of an accessible solution to the problem.

Remove the jobs, secure the borders, and the problem will solve itself.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

We could always cover the expense of deportations by cutting off all foreign aid to Mexico.

Add in the fines from employers, and that would already put a huge dent into the cost of getting rid of illegals

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There has to be reform in the system, Deportation will not work.

I think the simple solution is denial of services to undocumented people, no SSN, no Birth certificate, sorry you can't work here, get education, or healthcare (only in emergencies)

If you phase the enforcement in, start say by ticketing businesses that higher undocumented people and severely fine them for repeat offenses (first time small fine, next time much larger) work your way from there. Deportation will not be a problem. They will just leave.

As with everything else there will always be people that break the laws anyway, but if we enforce the current laws on the books these problems would not be as big as they are.

The problem is not as cut and dry as people make it, you can't just round everyone up and deport them, it would not work, what ever is the solution would have to be phased in over time.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by benrl]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
HOW can you penalize 100,000 dollars to Americans for accidently hireing an Illegal Alien when there is no way of telling it????

There is no USA law that conclusively can identify an Illegal to legal....

Illegal Aliens can get legal USA driver's license...

Why are you putting all the blame in US employers?? rather than US policies??

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
why give them amnesty? They so easily abandoned there own country when they were needed to fight in Mexico for liberty.

They are traitors they have been conquored by every nation that has steped foot in Mexico.

Mexicans have no idea how to be free and even if they had the balls to fight for freedom they would be conquered by mass stupidity like the U.S. is now.

We bribed them Mexicans here what do you think happens when the gravy train runs out.

Study show every Mexican that crosses the border is so docile in that they want U.S. citizens to give up there weapons so they can be just like the Mexican peasants raped by there own government.

Why don't you fight for liberty in Mexico? You are not here for liberty or freedom, You are here to take our liberties and that is the real reason you are here.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

Employers have to collect SSN for taxation purposes, if they are not doing so they are most likely paying people "under the table", which is breaking the law to avoid taxes or because they are using undocumented labor.

So yes they are part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

We could always cover the expense of deportations by cutting off all foreign aid to Mexico.

Add in the fines from employers, and that would already put a huge dent into the cost of getting rid of illegals

It's not really a money issue. It's a manpower/logistics issue. Tracking down, detaining and deporting 20 million individuals would be a nightmare, if not a downright impossibility. It's just simply not a reasonable solution to the problem.

It would be the war on drugs x 100. A ridiculous waste of manpower and resources, and in 20 years there would still be more illegals here than there are now.

You were right on the money with the jobs thing, though. That is a reasonable, acceptable (by human rights standards), and efficient way of handling the problem. Produce documentation for you workers, or face a fine. Once the jobs disappear, the illegal immigrants will leave on their own accord.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

I would accept amnesty for illegals under 2 conditions.

One they have to speak passable english.

Once they do move to step 2

They have to complete a term of service in the armed forces.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by benrl]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

and begin mass deportations.

This is a logistical impossibility. It has been discussed, and there is no reasonable way to physically remove millions of human beings from the country within the context of even several decades.

It's ugly, but the illegal immigrants that are here now are not going anywhere. The manpower, resources and financial expense of moving that many people is beyond the scope of an accessible solution to the problem.

Remove the jobs, secure the borders, and the problem will solve itself.

well it would help if we had a president
who would help matters instead of adding
to the problem.

Obama has just instructed the Supreme Court to
circumvent law by asking the court to carve out a
special exemption for businesses who break the law
by hiring illegal aliens.

www.foxnews.com...

why does he want businesses to hire illegals ??????

he is contributing to the problem !!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Agree totally, illegals should not be awarded for their illegal behavior ala democrat party but should be deported and people hiring them should also be punished, if you stop the reasons for them to cross illegally then they will have no other recourse but to do it legally.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Should there be amnesty for insider trading?

Should there be amnesty for armed robbery?

Should there be anmesty for Illegal dumping of trash?

If I broke the law in Mexico I would go to jail.

Why should it be different in America?

What part of illegal do people not understand?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I could go along with that. The one thing I don't support is rewarding criminal activity by granting them amnesty. If they want to immigrate to the US, they can get in line like everyone else does and do it the right way.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Option # 3 is an interesting problem. I am an employer in Pa (construction, carpentry, etc.) sometimes in the past I’ve hired illegal aliens or at least I’m pretty sure I have. You see it is difficult for an employer to identify a illegal alien. If some one responds to my help wanted ad, provides me with a valid drivers license from one of the many states that will give drivers license to anyone and a fake SS# , by law I am forbidden from trying to verify the legitimacy of those documents. The last thing I want is to have Jessie Jackson and the ACLU picketing outside my front door. It’s not to good for business.
Now having some experience with the legal and illegal immigrants in the state of Pa, I must say most are good law biding Christians that are just looking for a better way of life for there families. So for that group deportation should be off the table.
What should be done IMHO is to allow states to pass legislation like the Arizona law. It’s the same as the federal law, I read it. Then we must secure the border and I mean secure it. No one gets in. Then we can start to do this:
1. when some one here illegal is stopped for a minor traffic incident or some other minor infraction of the law, if they have no prior record they should be given the opportunity to apply for residency or be deported.
2. if someone of illegal statues is found committing a felony they should automatically be deported.
3. all others should have the option to remain because there kids will be US citizens and eventually the original illegalness will grow old and die off.
4. Is the most important one. All employees must have a valid SS# that employers can verify. The problem right now is that when an illegal works for some one the employer is withholding taxes from his pay. Now at the end of the year we all file are taxes and get a refund. Right??? The illegal with a fake SS# dose not. So the federal government sees this as free money to add to there already out of control spending. And in reality it is factored into the federal budget. If the government looses that illegal tax revenue it will have to cut the budget. Which appears to take more moral fiber than any politician possesses at the moment.
Peace,
Murfdog

new topics

top topics

join