It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to Join South Korean Military Exercise Off North Korea Coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
North Korea, and Iran..

Its going to be one of these two Countries, that will be responsible for killing millions out of ignorance and hate of man.. I guess we can blame the other side of the coin as well..

You forgot to include Israel. In fact, basically any country with a nuke could be responsible.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The exercise being conducted is an annual event and has been happening for years. It's called Foal Eagle and is a joint training exercise.

Here is a link with more info

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Dizzychicken73]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Off the coast of NK is not far from SK. In fact, in a way its off the coast of SK too but closer to NK.

I know that, but I'm just asking are they running military exercises in their enemy's waters. It doesn't matter - this is becomming too much like hard work

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

I am very simply asking why the exercises that THIS thread is about are being done off the coast of NK. If that is what you are saying - that though off their coast, it's still SK waters - then fine; thank you.

Sorry for the confusion.

You're right, why are they doing the exercises just outside of NK waters?

Is this traditional for these exercises?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

God, I hope you're not asking me now!!
It just seems like a strange thing to me - to go on military exercises off the coast of your mortal enemy. And then they say the North is being provocative. They're as bad as each other, it seems to me.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

I've checked several references and these exercises are scheduled to be conducted in the Yellow Sea (as usual). The Yellow Sea is the body of water to the left or west of South Korea. I found nothing more specific than that.

Interesting to note that SK did anti submarine exercises last week near where the ship was sunk so apparently SK is not backing down.

SK really has few choices in where to conduct exercises. The other side of the peninsula is near Japanese waters and the Japanese are traditional enemies of SK also.

I look at this as a lot of saber rattling that will likely continue on well into the future. SK is not likely to stand down now that one of its military vessels has been sunk by torpedo. They may not take out a NK vessel but at least they will maintain a high profile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join