It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formatting text?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have text that I copied from a PDF, but the text retains the page formatting. Ive tried everything, special pdf-to-text converters, copying the text into word/notepad/wordpad/internet, adjusting formatting in word, but nothing works. Breaks still remain between the pages and between each line in the ext, like in the pdf. I want to turn it into one big chunk of text. Is there any way to do this?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a search for "pdf to text" turns up a lot of free software that can convert your pdf into a text file.

Easy PDF to Text Converter can extract text from pdf files -- it does NOT need Adobe Acrobat software. Easy PDF to Text Converter processes at very high speed and you can convert multiple pdf files to text files at one time.

Link

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ive tried that, works fine, but it leaves page formatting in place.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
try some of these, maybe one of them will do accomplish what you want.

Remove Cliboard Formatting

PureText

Plain Text Utility

good luck

How to remove unwanted formatting from text

Edit to add last link

[edit on 5.29.10 by toreishi]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

I usually do that in word, by doing a search and replace.

If you want to get rid of page breaks, for example, you can search for ^m and replace it with nothing.

Don't forget to click the "more" button and look into the "special" drop-down list to see all the options.

PS: the names may be a little different, I just translated them from the Portuguese version.

top topics

join