It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can burglar alarms set themselves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have never had a problem with the burglar alarm, but recently it has been setting itself off after I have come home and gone to bed, only me and my partner know the code, it set itself to protect the house when we where upstairs, it doesn't need a remote an nor is it wifi, I am baffled to why this happens only when I come in late

you have to physically punch the numbers in to alarm the house

[edit on 27-5-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well what did the alarm company say when you asked them about it? Is there a chance that when you or your partner come in late that you are doing something wrong? If I'm exhausted I'll forget to do certain things in my routine.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
we don't have a burglar alarm company with it I don't think, I actually didn't set it the day it went off, I don't use it mush as there is someone usually in the house

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Mine activates automatically at night and shuts itself off in the morning.(commercial establishment)
Thats how we set it up with the alarm company.
You might want to check and see for sure if you have an account with an alarm company or not.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It could be a problem with you wiring...I know that my alarm goes funny when I've been doing things concerning electricity in my house...or maybe it could be the internal backup battery playing up....phone tech support 24 hr's a day Monday to Friday....bet they know more about your alarm than anyone on this website

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Having worked as an Alarm Installation Technician for 5 years I encountered various strange faults. As Pockets said it could be a problem arising from the wiring or the battery. Any AC current from mains electric wiring induced into the alarm sensor wiring can cause havoc with the system(this happens when the mains wiring and alarm wiring run parallel to each other), a way to over come this is to install a AC Spike suppressor which will take the induced AC voltage to earth and not interfere with the system. The back up battery in an alarm tends to last on average about 5 years, if left unchecked the battery can dry up and over heat which can cause problems with the main pcb as it can get very very hot in the box and the electronics don't like lots of heat. To check the health of your battery a simple test is to switch off the mains electric to it and check if it is still operating, if not then the battery is shot. Another possibility is that the memory is corrupt, the best thing to do, if you have the Installation manual is to perform a factory reset and start from fresh, though you will have to reprogram the alarm settings and your code.

Hope that helps, if you need any help or more info just let me know.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dyce101

bet they know more about your alarm than anyone on this website

Well maybe not everyone

new topics

top topics

join