It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about the healthcare bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Does anybody know what, if anything happens to already accrued hospital bills that are unpaid in regards to this Healthcare Bill? Is there any place to find out if the bill says anything about them? And no I am not reading some 3000 pages, I just want to know that one specific thing, but nothing comes up when I google except a bunch of scammers trying to get you to buy a way to fix the hospital bills, this is annoying to no end. Is there any way to filter out that crap from the search engines?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The healthcare reform doesn't have anything that has to do with unpaid balances on medical care, this only for you to purchase new insurance if you don't have any and if you made under 26 thousand then you will fall under Medicaid.

Unpaid balances on old bills are up to you, government is not going to pay for them.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That's not what I meant if they were going to pay for them, I meant are they going to remove them from your liability to have insurance, in other words, even if I make 26,000 and gotta pay those will there be medicaid based on the fact that there are bills needing to be paid or will they excuse it from your credit report as well, because there won't be those accruing of new hospital bills after the bill takes affect which is unfair to those who already have bills. So All these people who already had insurance and have no bills will still have great credit but the rest of us who haven't had it for years will still have lousy credit because we were denied coverage before? That's what I was asking. Because a lot of people are left with bills because of pre-existing conditions and being denied coverage for their children on medicaid when the job they worked at had no health insurance available (I fall into that category and made only about $15,000 on a good year). I feel there should be some amnesty or something, not that they should pay for them. Just wipe them from the books and credit reports, if not for those, I'd have an excellent credit score. This is why I think there should be some sort of Amnesty. At the very least.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I see what you mean, trust me is pleanty of Americans that are in the same position as those that have medical care balances.

Still I don't see anything in the HCR bill that say anything about what you are asking.

Because this doesn't come in effect until 2014 and even beyond that is going to be a rollercoaster ride for those been madated into health insurance and those that are to quilify for medicaid, is better if you talk with somebody that manages medical bill to see what they say.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

OK thanks. I didn't think there was but I wanted to know for sure especially if someone at ATS knows the bill inside and out. Too bad, I am going to have medical bills and student loans and going to be making at least $26,000 when I finish school so Im still going to be screwed heavily, No doubt what exactly they wanted to happen!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

The healthcare legislation really is not law. Until it gets codified, it really has no power.

Everything in it has to be coded in statutes.

The CMS Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services will right the codes up and then they are implemented. I do not know how that is going yet.

Do a search for the CMS and the new legislation and you may find how that is going.

new topics

top topics

join