It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Sheriff Wants Apology From Mexico for Its Threatening Tourism Ad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Okay, for your benefit, again.

Long before any of this, my friends of hispanic descent were afraid they would not be let back into the US, from the Mexido side.

One of them actually had a car accident while in Mexico, and the vehicle was confiscated by the Mexican government. They ran a stop sign, and caused no injuries.

They had to figure out how to get back into the states with no vehicle, and only had money for the drive back before the incident, and then, all their money was confiscated, as well.

They had to have relatives in the US, send them money to get back home, because the Mexican government took their vehicle, and all their cash.

They will be hurting themselves with this sort of campaign, as legal, hispanic descent, US citizens are already treated like crap, in thier own home country!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

See, i knew i might sound a little redundant

But, i do believe that it will be necessary to racially profile to an extent. Considering illegals most commonly come from Mexico, i think that if they have nothing to hide they should have nothing to fear from a few questions. It cant be hard to determine who is a legitimate citizen given their name and resident information (much like a census).

The process has to start somewhere, and unfortunately our neighbors to the south are the place to start. Obviously, the issue is way beyond me, and i probably lack the sensitivity warranted by the situation. I just think that any level-headed American who doesn't have anything to hide, and is proud to have the opportunity to reside within our boarders, should be more then happy to submit to some moderate questioning.

I know there's probably illegals from Canada, and possibly all the way from the euro zone & beyond. But, from what i understand, there is a considerable amount of crime being committed by the Mexicans coming over the boarded. (and mark emery ahaha [be free!])

Maybe Arizona doesn't have it quite right, but they are beginning to tackle, as well as bring light to an issue, that plagues the entire nation.

I can understand how it is hard to be impartial towards any group without generating conflict. But, thats just it. Its an all-or-nothing situation. We can either accept that there are illegals, predominantly Mexican, and allow them to stay for fear of public reappraisal. Or, we can begin to tackle the issue and accept that there is no issue that will be universally accepted. This is the reality of living in a country with three hundred million people.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

So do you think 58% of the people asked to prove their legal status under this new law will be non-hispanic whites?

You & likeminded individuals have only Hypotheticals to base their agruments on.

Arizona will ask EVERYONE for their citizenship status when in a lawful contact. Everyone is not considered a race.

Your next argument could be around species: Are they going to ask that ASS (donkey) for his/her/it citizenship status. I don't know, you might have me their.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So do you think 58% of the people asked to prove their legal status under this new law will be non-hispanic whites?

I'll be your huckleberry.

Hell no, 57.9% of the white people who are legally stopped will not be asked to prove their citizenship. However, you my friend, are under the false impression that correlation equals causation. You think that because x and y are positively correlated, x being race, and y being asking for citizenship, that that invariably means x CAUSES y. That is a false assumption, in fact, they have a blanket fallacy for that. Congrats, you're one of the millions of people who assumes because they have this new-fangled thing called the internet, that you automatically have the ability to make good points.

The truth of the matter is this: an officer stops a white person, that white person produces an ID and speaks english, the ID alone is enough to prove citizenship. Therefore, the police officer does not have to ask for citizenship. Scenario B: an officer stops a hispanic person, that person cannot answer the officers questions because he does not speak english, they acquire a translator to ask for an ID, the translator asks and gets NOTHING, the officer then asks, "Are you here legally?" Done deal. You see, race correlates to immigration status which correlates to if a police officer is going to ask for your immigration status.

If a white guy doesn't speak english and has no ID, you better damn inquire into his immigration status. There is absolutely nothing racist about this law, officers are not going to legally stop you and right off the bat ask you for you immigration status. Good day.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seanbomber

I'll be your huckleberry.

Hell no, 57.9% of the white people who are legally stopped will not be asked to prove their citizenship. However, you my friend, are under the false impression that correlation equals causation. You think that because x and y are positively correlated, x being race, and y being asking for citizenship, that that invariably means x CAUSES y. That is a false assumption, in fact, they have a blanket fallacy for that. Congrats, you're one of the millions of people who assumes because they have this new-fangled thing called the internet, that you automatically have the ability to make good points.

The truth of the matter is this: an officer stops a white person, that white person produces an ID and speaks english, the ID alone is enough to prove citizenship. Therefore, the police officer does not have to ask for citizenship. Scenario B: an officer stops a hispanic person, that person cannot answer the officers questions because he does not speak english, they acquire a translator to ask for an ID, the translator asks and gets NOTHING, the officer then asks, "Are you here legally?" Done deal. You see, race correlates to immigration status which correlates to if a police officer is going to ask for your immigration status.

If a white guy doesn't speak english and has no ID, you better damn inquire into his immigration status. There is absolutely nothing racist about this law, officers are not going to legally stop you and right off the bat ask you for you immigration status. Good day.

if i could one-line this, i would say...

word

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join