It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddly shaped UFO sighting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Do you have any idea how loud a sonic boom would be at that altitude?

The sound wave would probably bust that windshield with the crack in it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
Do you have any idea how loud a sonic boom would be at that altitude?

I said it's probably travelling a lot faster than the speed of sound, and as such the sonic boom would probably have happened a long time earlier and many miles away.

Originally posted by Loken68
The sound wave would probably bust that windshield with the crack in it.

My first thought was a cracked windshield. I've searched through google images and found no photos of cracked windshields that look anything like this. You're welcome to try too...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
yup looks like a beetle lol maybe its paul mccartneys new spaceship? i heard he wuz lookin for a new one..

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

I'll agree that this is a really odd picture but there is something about it that makes me think it is neither a windshield crack or a hoax.

Dont you think if this person was going to try and paste an object into this picture they would have used something with a more familiar shape? You know...something that looks more like a common UFO or saucer like craft?

It just seems people would be more likely to use a familiar object.

I dont know about you but it's the oddness of the shape of that thing that screams of something other than a crack or natural phenomenon.

I guess it's either a really weird UFO or just a really pitiful hoax. I kinda believe it though...for whatever that's worth.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

has lots of cracked windshield pics. There is no way possible to show a picture EXACTLY like the op's 'cause we don't have access to their vehicle! Every rock chip in every vehicle will be slightly different. As to why this picture, I think it is just because they noticed that is a very odd and interesting chip, especially when photographed!

Edit to add: The pics are down toward bottom of page!

[edit on 5/24/10 by jennybee35]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
This thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

has lots of cracked windshield pics. There is no way possible to show a picture EXACTLY like the op's 'cause we don't have access to their vehicle! Every rock chip in every vehicle will be slightly different. As to why this picture, I think it is just because they noticed that is a very odd and interesting chip, especially when photographed!
[edit on 5/24/10 by jennybee35]

Maybe it is a chip. But it looks nothing like any of those in that thread. Or like any I've looked at in google images.

... unless it's a normal 'chip' that's been manipulated on computer software. But I'm no expert on digital photography so I'm gonna leave that to other people on here!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

BlueFireWolf.....

Thank you.....I received 1 photo from you

I am of the impression you have a 2nd photo.....can you also send that to me?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Post removed by Maybe...maybe not (wrong thread...doh!)

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Please tell me I'm not the only one seeing an alien face here...?

no you are not the only one that is seeing an alien face, I am to, I think that you are on to something, it's maybe an alien ship with a custom paint job

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/715a105661c1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A few examples of windshield chips:

[edit on 24-5-2010 by draknoir2]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Yeah, some of them are close to our image. I'm willing to buy it's a chip, but it doesn't explain the 'vapor trial' or contrail that seems to follow the object perfectly

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by draknoir2

Yeah, some of them are close to our image. I'm willing to buy it's a chip, but it doesn't explain the 'vapor trial' or contrail that seems to follow the object perfectly

Just a shot in the dark, but it could be related to the wiper passing over the chip over time.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueFireWolf
reply to post by hyperion.martin

Well incase you didn't know, calgary has the strangest weather of all time; you can have a couple inches of snow at lunch and by 5 its a hot day. And I'm not sure if thats the right day either.

Also, here's the other pic which got the color right of the ship (purple):

EDIT: I know everyone's busy hatin', but I was still wondering if anyone else has witnessed something like this before.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by BlueFireWolf]

[edit on 23-5-2010 by BlueFireWolf]

Anyone who is halfway decent in Photoshop that sees your second image is going to see that you intentionally used the blur filter on the whole area of the image.

If you did that, what would have stopped you from manipulating it further. I haven't opened it in Photochop yet, but I'm sure I'll find telltale artifacts from your manipulations.

Bad camera on your phone, huh?

Edit: It's been manipulated guys. Arguing that it is a rock chip on the windshield is a moot point. It looks to me like it's a bad job copy/pasting a layer onto a scenic picture.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Interesting photo.

I won't jump on the debunking wagon just yet at this juncture however, I can't help but notice how the size, compared to the background trees (bushes?) is totally out of sync.

How far away was this 'thing'?

To me it looks like it was real small and you were up very close. Or, this 'thing' was massive able to swallow those trees (bushes) up in one gulp!

But if this is a hoax, I then find it even more interesting why people go to such lengths to propagate these scenarios.

It's way beyond immature almost bordering on malicious and malevolent.
It's a dishonor (not to mention a disservice) to your fellow Human Beings who really know we're being visited and seek proof.
Actually we're all seeking truth (UFO believers or not) and again, if this is a hoax, I have to wonder why.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hi there. Personally I think you're just a creative person with some minor photoshop capability. The fact you only posted one image initially (of a supposed 3), yet have a photo of what looks a bit like a giant metal ship, yet you showed no thrill of seeing this object was the first indicator that you're just trying to provide us some fiction.

The second image you've provided looks like an awful use of a "wind" effect that you find in most graphics packages beyond MS Paint. It doesn't look true to a real camera shake at all.

Thirdly, why do you think the actual shape of the craft makes the whole thing look like a giant penis? Why is the craft so defined yet you seem addament the rest of it is a bland rectangle? I now get the impression you asked a friend to make you a convincing image so you could try it on the ATS boards. You or your mate made a few different versions of the same image (hence why he/you changed the colour of the object) and you thought you may not have to add the pics you didn't really want to use initially - unless anyone asked.

All in all, very unconvincing, sorry.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by markymint]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Dupe....issues

[edit on May 24th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i don`t buy the whole space ship thing but it does look like the turkish ufo, from a sidewards view go look on youtube to see what i mean, mabey its a gov craft but i think its strange that thay would be out and about in a new craft near roads in daylight, but hey who knows

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

If you feel more comfortable sending your original raw image to staff, feel free to Private Message me and I will give you my email address.

Nobody is hating on you. It is just that ATS members take this topic very seriously. We have also seen our fair share of hoaxes.

Look forward to your original raw image
Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Dupe....issues

[edit on May 24th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Having issues with posting

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>