It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampa Bay area to be evacuated!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
There was another thread closed about this already

HOAX!!!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Live in Tampa (Florida);husband active duty Army National Guard;no mention anywhere pertaining to an evacuation of the Tampa Bay area.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Simple question : -

Why on earth do you need to evacuate Florida?

Yes, there is some Oil coming your way and will wash up a little bit onto SOME of the beaches on ONE side of Florida.

So, just don't go onto the Beach until it's been cleared up!

It's not going to affect you in your home or stop you using your computer at work is it!

Talk about over reaction, or have I missed something here?

A True Englishman!!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

You are missing something! As pointed out in my thread with the same title posted three days before this one. The evacuation is based on the idea that they are burning the oil. The oil puts out cancer causing agents in the air that if taken into your body could have serious side effects. Like death!

Note to the OP: It’s interesting that your thread has been allowed to go on for so long considering I posted this several days before you. Do you think the MODS are sleeping or do you think my race makes my opinion worthless? I am new, so I might be missing something.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Florida Gulf oil spill: Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area expected to be announced
posted on 20-5-2010 @ 11:21 AM

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Don't feel bad, i have had 3 threads duplicated in 3 days. It is not about discrimination i assure, it simply comes down to the Mods having so much to do.
i know it is frustrating, but it happens, so don't feel alone.

Best way to handle this is to make a post in the thread inviting OP to join your discussion on your thread, then post your thread. Then notify the mods that the duplicate thread needs to be closed.

Good luck!

Pax

As far as the evacuation of the COAST of Tampa, I say sit tight and wait and see.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Don't feel bad, i have had 3 threads duplicated in 3 days. It is not about discrimination i assure, it simply comes down to the Mods having so much to do.
i know it is frustrating, but it happens, so don't feel alone.

Best way to handle this is to make a post in the thread inviting OP to join your discussion on your thread, then post your thread. Then notify the mods that the duplicate thread needs to be closed.

Good luck!

Pax

As far as the evacuation of the COAST of Tampa, I say sit tight and wait and see.

Thanks for your input. It’s the second one for me in the last couple of days. I really don’t care except that when I have done it I immediately get pounded. When this one was duplicated I just sat back to wait for the Mods. Then they never came! I kept checking and nothing. No offense to the OP. Just curious is all.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The source in my thread has caused everyone to say it’s a hoax. As I stated in my OP the source is suspect but not the fact that breathing carcinogens is harmful. If you’re down wind from oil burning, you should “evacuate” yourself out of the way.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Where is oil being burned? As far as I know they're not even burning the oil at the source, and it only dilutes more and more as it spreads.

Bad Source (BS)
Bad Science (BS)

BS + BS = HOAX!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Where is oil being burned? As far as I know they're not even burning the oil at the source, and it only dilutes more and more as it spreads.

Bad Source (BS)
Bad Science (BS)

BS + BS = HOAX!

I guess your right, IgnoranceIsntBlisss, sucks to be ignorant doesn’t it? Maybe next time you should read my thread before you attack me. Otherwise you end up looking stupid! Now piss off troll!

As crews struggled to contain the oil slick, Coast Guard officials said Tuesday they were considering setting fire to the contaminated water to burn off the crude. Pools of oil far offshore would be trapped in special containment booms and set aflame as soon as Wednesday.

"If we don't secure this well, this could be one of the most significant oil spills in U.S. history," Coast Guard Rear Adm. Mary Landry said.

A similar burn off the coast of Newfoundland in 1993 eliminated 50 to 99 percent of captured oil. However, burning the oil also creates air pollution, and the effect on marine life is unclear.
www.kfdm.com...

Edit to add:
...... oh and

[edit on 24-5-2010 by liveandletlive]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

first of all I feel bad for duplicating your thread, I assure you it was accident, I wasn't aware of yours, and number two ignoranceisntbliss, you need to calm down dude quit cat fighting online if you think it's a hoax then don't come back to the thread, because you've stated your opinion once and then again, we get what you think stop saying it over and over again,thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join