It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+99 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

beforeitsnews.com

ALIPAC has documented the following 17 states are following Arizona's lead in response to citizen pressure.

ARKANSAS, IDAHO, INDIANA, MARYLAND, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, OHIO, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA, TEXAS, UTAH
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-5-2010 by TheCoffinman]

[edit on 22-5-2010 by TheCoffinman]

+56 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
c'mon new york!! good for these states, good for states period. your federal government has run amok! take back the 10th amendment, tell Calderon and Obama to stick it!! I now believe that Obama is worse than Bush... how can you not? he has displayed more incompetence in every facet of his presidency which is really hard to do against GW. never thought id see a president stand on the white house lawn with a foriegn dictator bashing an american state, 60% of that states people and 80% of americans...

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
S & F

I admire your passion

and I've nothing against those who choose to protect their way of life

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i live in CT..wish CT would join this!

+5 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is good!
The rest of the countries have much more stringent laws & punishments for illegals, so we need to shape up, too.
Either we continue to be leanient towards them & start telling other countries that they need to be the same way, or we need to get as stict as they are.

+9 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Wow! You just made my day!!!! Rhode Island is in there! Whoo Hoo!
So happy! Maybe I can find a job soon.

+2 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've starred you all (whoops ...nearly starred myself, lol )

Starring as well, because this is the first time in a long while that I've witnessed people feeling upbeat, optimistic, hopeful

nice to see

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
i live in CT..wish CT would join this!

Take action. I was thinking my voice didn't matter. Evidentally, mine along with many others have been heard. Write or call your senetors, do everything in your power. I know that CT has a lot of illegals. It's time we all stand up to this invasion. I'm tired of seeing where you have to be bilingual just to get a simple factory job. I'm tired of the increase in crimes and people playing the system and stealing identities etc.etc. This is your time to shine and make a difference.

+7 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Great find OP, just a week ago the number was 13.

So four more states came on board, Good For them and their residents. My state was in the original 13 and it is still in there.

ARKANSAS, IDAHO, INDIANA, MARYLAND, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, OHIO, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA, TEXAS, UTAH

I wonder if the above states were to issue boycotts to those cities in California, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Oregon...what would happen to their economy.

Those Childish boycotting sleazenuts better shape up or they are going to get tanked.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Even though certain counties in my state have had a similar bill for years, I'm kind of shocked my state, or commonwealth, has not adopted a similar bill. Maybe there already is one? Guess I need to do a little bit of reasearch! None the less, good for Arizonia in leading the charge, and good for the rest of the states for following suit. Now it's time to add 32 more states to that list!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Good find!

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeAndGetMe

All states have statutes against Illegal Immigration. But none of them follow them as they leave the Federal Government to enforce those laws.

I will direct you to this wonderful thread on Constitution of the US and The Constitution of your own State, WHICH REPUBLIC DO YOU LIVE IN?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hmmm, Massachusettes isn't in there. That's the state where I worked with illegals. Come on Mass people wake up!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If you want to "do something" to help your state get involved & remind your congressman "there is a problem" at the border, you can jump on board with numbersusa. Over 500,000 members.

www.numbersusa.com...

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
First you are against a police-state.

Now you are FOR Police-state.

Facepalm.

Americans are the most gullible-flip/flop , easy-to-manipulate people in the whole world.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

+21 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
First you are against a police-state.

Now you are FOR Police-state.

Facepalm.

What police state? Enforcing already existing laws is not called Police State...its called society.

How about a lesson in formation of a Society? If still unable to comprehend, I shall provide you a desk for a /FACEDESK.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm not exactly a fan of the legislation myself. But it can't be tooo bad if even some of the more Liberal states are proposing it.

Florida isn't on that list, I'm sure we will be on that list though since Governor Crist is running as an Independent for the Senate and if he can pass legislation like that with such popular support it could boost his numbers.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It would be great if Kansas would do the same, but then again, they're still trying to cram creationism down kids' throats in public school.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I'm not exactly a fan of the legislation myself. But it can't be tooo bad if even some of the more Liberal states are proposing it.

Florida isn't on that list, I'm sure we will be on that list though since Governor Crist is running as an Independent for the Senate and if he can pass legislation like that with such popular support it could boost his numbers.

There is a big difference between PROPOSING legislation and getting it passed. There are some pretty crazy laws that are proposed...doesn't mean they are good or have a chance of passing.

This is the same thing as all those states suing over healthcare...how is that working out?

It's the flavor of the week...and look at all the people eating it up. Politicians are looking for votes...nothing new...and it always works. Play to the emotions of the weak minded and get their vote.

Isn't it funny how immigration only becomes an "issue" around election time???

None of this really matters because the Arizona law will soon be struck down by the federal government...and all this noise will just help get the agenda moving for amnesty after November. I support amnesty so I have no problem seeing this movement...it is actually funny to me that some of you play so easily into the hands of those you think you oppose.

It is all laid out in a nice plan if you have the eyes to see it...obviously most don't.

Keep up the noise...and thanks for the help.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
It would be great if Kansas would do the same, but then again, they're still trying to cram creationism down kids' throats in public school.

Not trying to jump off topic, but creationism idea might have some base behind it. The Rh (Rhesus) Factor can hold some clues to if creationism is just a figment of imagination or actually the path to realization.

Just recently a scientist created a synthetic life form. Here is an interesting thread on the topic, "Negative Blood Type (Rh Factor).

Sorry to make an off topic post.

If states just followed the laws that exist on their own books, this could've been a non issue.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join