It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hooters girl put on "weight probation"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
She worked at Hooters? Where's the hooters?

Reminds me of a place in Kentucky in the early 1990's. I recall it was called Sweat Hogs. Not Hawgs, because that would be SO Arkansa.

And to work there a woman had to be, seriously, a "sweat hog". Really fat and nasty looking. Heh. I don't recall skinny women complaining they couldn't get a job there because they were too skinny. lol

Just saying, one of my daughters told me she was going to try out for a job at a strip club. Of course I was a bit distraught. And then, once the moral arguments from me didn't pan out, I finally said, "Looks, Sweetie. You dance very well. But.............um, those stretch marks on your belly, well.......they just won't go over very well. Don't embarass yourself for trying out for a job that in my opinion, you won't get and will be very hurt when you get a critique."

That said, WTF? That gal ain't fat. She's also, not what I would expect at a hooter bar and grill. I have never been in one of those, so I don't know what the norm is, but to me, a hooter bar would be one with gals with seriously huge hooters or some very, very amazing shapes, that can be seen even covered by a tee shirt, no bra, of course.

Anyway, I'm pretty much of the opinion, an employer wants what he/she wants in an employee. If they don't got it. Well, sorry, you're gone. And in my state, there's nothing an employee can do about it. The employer says, "You suck at your job. You are fired." Buh byeeeeeeeeee!

Meanwhile, this gal ain't fat. Or a tubby. At least from what I saw in the photo. However, it's all relative. In Ethiopia, she would be considered "WELL FED"

And if this gal is truly a tubby in the eyes of the employer, well, really, do I want to see the "normal" gals that she outweighs? Probably not.

Give me hooters and meat, or give me death.

Okay, yes, this gal will probably get some money from this. Good for her if she can swing it and is sincere. To the couple guys some years ago who claimed descrimination because they weren't hired to be "Hooter Girls"?Aw, Jeeze. Give us all a freaking break!

Edited to say, my spelling is off, so, oh well, don't give me a job at the Spelling Bar and Grill. I can take it.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by kyred]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Just saying, one of my daughters told me she was going to try out for a job at a strip club. Of course I was a bit distraught. And then, once the moral arguments from me didn't pan out, I finally said, "Looks, Sweetie. You dance very well. But.............um, those stretch marks on your belly, well.......they just won't go over very well. Don't embarass yourself for trying out for a job that in my opinion, you won't get and will be very hurt when you get a critique."

wat.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
First off we don't really know what she actually looked like when she was fired. I doubt she weighs 132 in those photos. She took the job knowing the rules she should have abided by them. If in fact she lost weight afterwards to "look good" for her case then she should have just done it to keep her job.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
imagine how catty the work environment must be at a hooters. (rawr!)

the manager is probably just upset because the new girl insists on getting her blow from a real strip club. i'll admit speculation.

michigan currently is not a right-to-work state. now doesn't that pretty much mean that anyone can be fired without cause at any time?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Man look at that lard butt!!

We all know what Hooters girls should look like...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3863a3b9ac8.jpg[/atsimg]

A little on the chunky side, but it's all good!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

She said in the interview that she actually weights 10 lbs less then when she got the job.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
On TheAssociate's Zero to Six Pack scale ® ...

It would take about five beers.

She's a very good candidate for the dictionary entry example-picture for "butterface."

She's not fat, but Hooters signs her paychecks and should be able to cease doing so for whatever reason they damn well please. Sounds like there's a little more to this than her side of the story...

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
1. I've seen girls more overweight than her, working at Hooters.

2. She's perfectly fine in my opinion.

3. She has NO case. Weight is not a category of discrimination protected by Title VII...and even if it was (which it isn't), Hooters could STILL make the claim that size is an occupational requirement, based on the image they are projecting.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
She probably refused to have sex with her sleazeball manager.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Most states are right to work states though, meaning either party can terminate the assignment at will, for any reason....other than protections from Title VII, ADA, etc. She has no legal grounds for a suit, is all I'm saying, though she would seem to have a moral grounds for it....but that doesn't really count.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join