It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curious Case of the Smile.Jpg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
www.aetherparanormal.com... l/

Excerpt- "I received an email on July 3rd 2009 from my friend Matt Garcia simply asking: “Have you heard of smile.jpg?”

I replied to him with my honest answer which was: “No I haven’t…. sounds like a file? What is it?”

He then went on to tell me the story: “I just stumbled onto it last night. Apparently its an old image that no one knows where it came from or what its purpose is but it has a weird effect when people look at it. Its very hard to find and when it is found its usually deleted or replaced with a fake image in its place. It could be all in my head but it did make me feel weird like there was something behind the image looking back at me when i first saw it and i immediately had to close the window browser. Not that the images in the picture were scary but that the colors or patterns were having some hypnotic psychological effect on me. Well you should just be the judge for yourself. Below is a link to the story and the pic. Let me know what you think. -Matt G."

My Take? I cannot believe a local news station aired this story. I think this is nothing more than a picture of a polaroid picture thats been photoshopped.

Its totally stupid to me. What do you think? I guess I'll see if I have horrid nightmares tonight.

Apologies if this has been discussed.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I haven't seen it yet but right away it reminded me of the "Have you dreamed of this man" story.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4d8b1644f8a.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyway I bet it's the dog of the "Have you dreamed of this man" guy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb9e45b02ff8.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on Fri May 21st, 2010 by damwel]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
the pic is pretty creepy lookin...
but the story is obviously bull#...no? i'm pretty gullible and i had to LOL at the end...

the dog almost seems 3d though...really creepy. but almost definitely fake, imo. the story is, anyway...

[edit on 5/21/2010 by double_frick]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Thanks I'll have to look that one up. Never heard of it.

I admit to being very gullible and my 1st instinct is to believe what I read in most cases. (can't help it I just assume everyone is honest and on the up and up) But this dog deal is just stupid and unbelievable to me and that's saying a lot.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
the pic is pretty creepy lookin...
but the story is obviously bull#...no? i'm pretty gullible and i had to LOL at the end...

the dog almost seems 3d though...really creepy. but almost definitely fake, imo. the story is, anyway...

[edit on 5/21/2010 by double_frick]

This is off topic but I cannot see 3d images. I wonder if others have this issue. I have 20/20 vision but have no concept of what 3d is because I don't see it? 3d movies? I get nothing.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A husky wearing granny's false teeth? That is kinda cute actually. The bloodstained hand is a nice touch though, however, I reckon the hand is more making a grab for the dog than 'beckoning'.

Dick Dasterdly's dog 'Mutley' had a grin just like that... (cue wheezy laugh - for all those folks that remember Mutley)

I suppose you'd try to take back granny's teeth as well or the next thing you know, the dog is wearing a smock and sleeping cap and telling you that his eyes are big because they're all the better to see you with.

BTW, I loaded the pic into photoshop and played around with brightness/contrast etc - does anybody else see the person standing outside the left hand window pane?

Wuh-ha-ha-haaaaa.

As for the guy - surely that is Neil Diamond... Love on the Rocks indeed!

[edit on 21-5-2010 by SugarCube]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I think 10 % of the people cant see 3d ...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

I didn't play with it in photoshop but I can see SOMETHING in the background, definitely a window frame (can't really tell if there is something in it, and there is a hand below the frame to the right of the dog. Regardless, that is a creepy picture!

I'm pretty sure it's not going to make my life miserable, though.

edit to add: at the very bottom of the OP's source, an enhanced image focusing on the area around the hand shows a "PO":

[edit on 21-5-2010 by nunya13]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by Bachrk

I think 10 % of the people cant see 3d ...

Um that is sooo not fair! Avatar had my attention for about 15 minutes and after that it was more of an EHH feeling about the movie. I think I'm the only one who wasn't that impressed.

BTW its not below me to beg and this isn't ground breaking news or anything but come on folks throw me a bone and star me, flag whatever. I'm tired of looking at my all grey contribution label under my avatar.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I haven't seen it yet but right away it reminded me of the "Have you dreamed of this man" story.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4d8b1644f8a.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyway I bet it's the dog of the "Have you dreamed of this man" guy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb9e45b02ff8.jpg[/atsimg]

OK what so scary about this man? He could use an eyebrow wax and his mother must have been an alcoholic with those low ears but other than that? Reminds me a little of George Castanza

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Eh reminds me of 'The Grifter'. Seems like a very fake story and when people build things up in their heads they can have strange reactions. Still that # is a little creepy and I hardly ever get creeped out.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Actually I laughed when I saw the image, Dog looks like a goofy cartoon character. The hand print is kinda weird but other than that I don't see what the big deal is, somebody hoaxed a creepy dog photo and then sets it up with paragraphs about how they couldn't sleep and such...

Reminds me of that thread a while back of a "man" EVERYONE was supposedly seeing in their dreams who had a rather creepy face and of course the photo was in the thread and elsewhere online so of course a few people are going to start to see him. Edit to Add: Apparently someone already posted about this, yep definitely a similar story.

Human psychology is funny sometimes. Dog reminds me of the dog from The Mask

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SugarCube

A husky wearing granny's false teeth?

I suppose you'd try to take back granny's teeth as well or the next thing you know, the dog is wearing a smock

After I saw that, I couldn't stop laughing, so I think, no bad dreams for me.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well, nothing happen to me.

I sleep like a baby.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
No nightmares for me! Although it seems to be catching on...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Mostly I find this funny. Though, I do have to say that I can not stand huskies. I used to work at Pet Smart as a dog bather. Huskies are the most whiney, stubborn dogs ever. I hated when someone would bring one in to get bathed since all it would do is cry.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have seen that picture so many times on 4CHAN it's crazy. Not really that hard to find.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think my dog has a much nicer smile, and hers is real. ...and upside down

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a678d3cb6493.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join