It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican President Gets Standing Ovation In Congress After Condemning Arizona Immigration Law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Mexican President Gets Standing Ovation In Congress After Condemning Arizona Immigration Law

www.youtube.com

I thought this deserves it's own thread, just to show the high treason in congress...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
When 80% of the american people supports the Arizona anti-ILLEGAL immigration law... and those bastards in congress give a STANDING OVATION for the guy who is against it...

I mean can the american people take more treason? VOTE THEM ALL OUT...all those who stood up.

There should be a riot in Washington DC RIGHT NOW.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think this thread could be best served by a concise list of every representative in the chamber that stood and lauded this hypocrite. That way, constituents of said representatives who are so inclined can go into their voting booths in November knowing who to vote out of office.

Out-of-touch doesn't quite cover this...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Could it be possible that the applause and standing ovation is not for the Arizona law but rather because of the fact that Mexico is doing everything the US is telling them to do?

Mexico has extradited a former state governor to the United States to face charges of helping smuggle coc aine through Cancun to the U.S., in a high-profile demonstration of the nation's increased willingness to extradite suspects as it battles surging drug violence.

www.miamiherald.com...

Unprecedented Cooperation with Mexico

An important part of our strategy is to strengthen law enforcement on both sides of the border through intensive coordination with Mexican authorities. The current level of cooperation between the United States and Mexico on combating cartels in the border region is unprecedented in the history of the two countries.

www.dhs.gov...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Good for those guys in Congress who stood up and applauded
99% of the people have not read the bill, I have and it is not good. It's not illegal, but it is still terrible. It should be condemned for racism and the American people educated about it.

Finally Congress does something good.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

As someone who has read the bill, and subsequently breathed a sigh of relief at the revision of said bill, I would invite you to educate us about what specifically is so morally reprehensible and racist about it...

It requires LEOs detaining individuals for the commission of a separate infraction to verify legal status where reasonable suspicion exists... and this is racist because... ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

When 80% of the american people supports the Arizona anti-ILLEGAL immigration law...

80% Really? Do you have a source on that?

Still if 99% of the country support killing all the black people, that doesn't mean it's a good thing.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As long as you Government is trying to push a super highway up through our prairie provinces all the way from Mexico and thinks it can push for NWO in any capacity and in any way that affects me, I am going to state that I have a right to an opinion, and quite frankly the illegals should be made legal, and everyone should learn to stop reacting to the dramas and divisions your leaders keep playing like soap operas, hoping you'll attack each other and give more reason for more police state control.

Just love, and do your best to help others in need, to undo the horrible karma they've been dumping on humanity trying to prevent our soul progression and obtain a negative harvest. Plain and simple.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Article 4 - The States
Section 4 - Republican Government

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

www.usconstitution.net...

Pictures of the invasion of illegal aliens into the United States

www.desertinvasion.us...

John Morton, who heads U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said his agency will not necessarily process illegal immigrants referred to them by Arizona officials.

azstarnet.com...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Gmoneycricket]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Americas people worst enemy is its own government yes the one that is elected by the people.

And still the population doesn't get it . . . nothing but traitors to the people that elected them.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Sure.

Public Supports Arizona Immigration Law

Fully 73% say they approve of requiring people to produce documents verifying their legal status if police ask for them. Two-thirds (67%) approve of allowing police to detain anyone who cannot verify their legal status, while 62% approve of allowing police to question people they think may be in the country illegally.

See now what that stinking Calderon is saying :
Mexican president urges U.S. to ban assault rifles, overhaul immigration policy
Yes let's destroy the constitution to please a thug like Calderon... NO THANK YOU.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Seems to me that this is a very emotional issue for many Americans. I think that the bill is probably well intentioned.

Arizonans have to contend with the effects of illegal and unchecked immigration, which puts a strain on their social systems. Of course migration in general is economically positive, but with illegal immigration we don't know what we're getting! That is the crux of the issue- these people have entered a foreign country (the USA) illegally. That means they have already shown a contempt for the law of the land.

On the other hand, the Arizonan bill includes measures that are tantamount to racial profiling. It mandates any police officer to stop random hispanic-looking people on the street and check their immigration status... which is insulting and demeaning to those who have migrated legally to the US.

On the issue of Mexican politicians getting involved in US domestic matters- its disgusting!! They need to understand the remits of sovereignty, and act with respect to sovereign nations, especially when they are visiting as dignitaries!

Bean

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Not sure what to say about congress.
how do I sum this up? O.K. got it.
[img]http://[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c9d72e6c9ab.jpg[/img]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Vitchilo

When 80% of the american people supports the Arizona anti-ILLEGAL immigration law...

Still if 99% of the country support killing all the black people, that doesn't mean it's a good thing.

I usually agree with you BH, but seriously, the two aren't comparable by any stretch of the imagination.

All Arizona is trying to do is enforce laws that the federal government refuses to do. Good on them I say, this situation is getting out of hand, I live in Decatur, Al and it's getting rough here too. Way too many times have I had customers that can't speak any english at all, this was when i was working fast food, and at a Kroger Deli, all they could do was point and still I couldn't understand them. If you can't speak english at all you shouldn't be here in the first place, if you can't read out road signs you shouldn't be driving, you are a hazard. Period.

Our town is losing it's culture, it's starting to turn in to little mexico and the quality of the housing has gone way down, I'm not trying to sound racist because i'm not, i'm saying that because it is blatanly obvious to me, you can't have 10-15 people living in one little house without doing some damage, and even alot of shops here are changing there signs to spanish only, WTF? is going on here.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by Uniceft17]

[edit on 5/20/2010 by Uniceft17]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
I think this thread could be best served by a concise list of every representative in the chamber that stood and lauded this hypocrite. That way, constituents of said representatives who are so inclined can go into their voting booths in November knowing who to vote out of office.

Out-of-touch doesn't quite cover this...

This weak kneed Congress gives instead of walking out a standing O

to a speaking guest that lambasts Arizona, part of the United States

of America. How dare president felipe ceronold come into this country

and give a speech about how illegal immigrants from Mexico are being

discriminated against while Mexico's policies and laws on immigration

are one of the strictest in the world. Practice what you preach and

what a hipocrate. Mexico needs to stop immediately the flow of

illegals into this country or is it too big of a multi- Billion dollar

business? I will bet he never read the immigration laws of Arizona

either tailored after the U.S. immigration laws already on the books

that have not been enforced until the great state of Arizona had the

guts to enforce laws again that were already in place. ^Y^

[edit on 20-5-2010 by amari]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If I said exactly what I was thinking I would probably get a visit from a couple of FBI agents in the next couple of days.

Calderon has his countries interests and no one else's in mind and the representatives of the American people agree with him.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Why are we applauding this corrupt politican?

This is insane.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by Nemesis0123]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Good for Congress.

We don't need a bill that could potentially propagate racism amongst the lower IQ Americans, especially from certain states *cough cough the south* etc.

There is a better way to go about immigration reform.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

As someone who has read the bill, and subsequently breathed a sigh of relief at the revision of said bill, I would invite you to educate us about what specifically is so morally reprehensible and racist about it...

It requires LEOs detaining individuals for the commission of a separate infraction to verify legal status where reasonable suspicion exists... and this is racist because... ?

I have read the bill as well and all I have to say is, my thoughts exactly. There is NOTHING in there that I believe would encourage racial profiling at all. It says nothing about harassing people who have brown skin and speak with a Spanish accent.

It states simply and plainly that when an officer has a suspicion, that they must check into it and verify the legal status of said suspect, much the same as when a police officer is required to pull some one over if they suspect they are drinking and driving.

There is nothing racist in that bill and quite frankly, to assume that this bill only has to do with people who came here illegally from Mexico.... THAT comes across as a bit racist. I guess there is no such thing as an illegal alien from a country besides Mexico.... Go figure huh?

Anyway, I agree with you 100%

I read the bill, and I support Arizona on this one.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

And yet when the race riots broke out in the 60s the very large part took place in northern cities or in "union" states.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join