It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Gulf oil spill: Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area expected to be announced

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I cant help to think that this and the "All Georgia Guard and Reserve troops imminent/mobilzation" are connected. And while I always take "rumor" with a large grain of salt. The !@#$ I saw today. I dont know. Folks keep talking about the Eurozone crashing our market. Or whatever crashing. What happens to the DOW when "Entire state of Floridia ordered to evacuate" flashes across the news ticker.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by darthlung1]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by darthlung1

My thought too. Imagine the expense involved with such a massive undertaking. Businesses would be destroyed. They already are! Large portions of the fishing areas are being shut down. This has the potential to get real nasty.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have to say that even I find this article hard to believe.

Moreover, why Tampa?

Why not Clearwater? St. Pete? Half a dozen other cities on the immediate beach?

Tampa is protected by a bay and peninsula. If Tampa requires evacuation, then I'm almost certain it is not because of the oil.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I have to say that even I find this article hard to believe.

Moreover, why Tampa?

Why not Clearwater? St. Pete? Half a dozen other cities on the immediate beach?

Tampa is protected by a bay and peninsula. If Tampa requires evacuation, then I'm almost certain it is not because of the oil.

There are different places concidering their options.

toxicculture.wordpress.com...

Here they are talking about burning. The air becomes a lethal concoction of toxic chemicals with known cancer causing agents and other severe health effects. Do you want to be down wind from the burn offs?

www.kfdm.com...
As crews struggled to contain the oil slick, Coast Guard officials said Tuesday they were considering setting fire to the contaminated water to burn off the crude. Pools of oil far offshore would be trapped in special containment booms and set aflame as soon as Wednesday.

"If we don't secure this well, this could be one of the most significant oil spills in U.S. history," Coast Guard Rear Adm. Mary Landry said.

A similar burn off the coast of Newfoundland in 1993 eliminated 50 to 99 percent of captured oil. However, burning the oil also creates air pollution, and the effect on marine life is unclear.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by liveandletlive]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I know why Tampa. That is where the Republican National Convention is planned.

www.politico.com...
It's a conspiracy by Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and the liberal democrats to disrupt real Americans from assembling peacefully according to the Constitution.

And this man has the information on Obama's birth certificate and is being silenced and set up by our government. They are evacuating all of the Tampa bay area to contain the information leak. www.tampabay.com...

That was fun, but in all seriousness...

For those who are unaware of a Gulf Current Loop..oceancurrents.rsmas.miami.edu...
and
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

The report never said Tampa, it said Tampa Bay area. St Pete and Clearwater all fall under Tampa Bay.

BTW, I live in Tampa and was born and raised here.

Hope this answers your question.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
quote from op There is other satellite imagery being withheld by the Obama administration that shows what lies under the gaping chasm spewing oil at an ever-alarming rate is a cavern estimated to be around the size of Mount Everest. This information has been given an almost national security-level classification to keep it from the public, according to our sources.

this i think has 2 be true
since i said this from the beginning
there is plent oil 4 100 years 2 come they would be pomping oil from this giant underground resvoir 4 over 50 years.
yet all this info seems 2 ghave dissapeard
wake up they are lying about evrything

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join