It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard: Tar balls found in Keys not from BP spill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I will have to look up where I read the total was 75,000 lbs of pressure. That history is on a different computer. I will look and try to pot it a little later on.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Yes Tiber, it was one of the reasons i doubled down on BP stock. and recently double down again when it temporarily dropped right after the leak happened.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Tarballs, or "tarticles" (tm pending), are bad no matter how you slice them ...

If they're not from the massive leak then the Gulf is in worse shape than we thought.

[edit on 19 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Tarballs, or "tarticles" (tm pending)

Nice one.
I'm gonna start using that like "I'm gonna kick you square in the tarticles!"

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by getreadyalready

I will have to look up where I read the total was 75,000 lbs of pressure. That history is on a different computer. I will look and try to pot it a little later on.

No problem, your information for the leak could be accurate.

From scuba diving I know that it is about 14.4 psi per 30 feet of depth. At 5000 feet that is approximately 2400 psi, and then the leak was reported to have 30 psi above the ambient pressure.

Another poster in another thread estimated the flow of oil assuming 30 psi of pressure and a 5 inch pipe, and they got about 70,000 barrels per day. I didn't want to do that much math, but it looked correct and matched the BP worst case estimates.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Moved to seperate item on Breaking Alternative News

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Have you ever seen a movie made before the 9/11 event....the camera pans across New york and you see the Twin Towers....and you remember what it was like before ....

That is the way we will look at Forrest Gump, or Key Largo, or maybe reminisce about a Buffet tune and white sand/blue green waters of the Caribbean... yeah, I remember Margaritaville,... Watch Pirates of the Caribbean...and your kids will ask, "Is that what it used to look like?"

What will they say when tarballs start washing up on Nova Scotia and Ireland?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join