It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO Says Obamacare May Exceed $1 Trillion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I appreciate your optimism. However, when you find Utopia, please let the rest of the world know where it is. Until then, a well funded military is a necessity.

While I appreciate your reasons for pessimism there isn't anyone who is likely to come along a build a utopia for us. If we spent the money on building the damn thing ourselves rather than funding the military because we don't have it, we might be getting somewhere.

We're like a mad man throwing rocks at the sea to try to turn the tide rather than using the rocks to build a dyke to hold back the sea once and for all.

EDIT: Actually, we're like a lazy dyke builder throwing rocks at the sea to try to turn the tide rather than using the rocks to build a dyke to hold back the sea once and for all. We know what to do and how to do it, we just can't be bothered to try.

[edit on 12/5/10 by pieman]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

In my case my problem with the HCR is the mandates within the bill I was very happy from the beginning with a resolution to end private insurance gouging with regulations, then a public option to help those in needs that are not profitable for private insurance.

But when the reality of what this bill was about hit me, I became outraged, my vote for change and hope became joke.

I decided to research why the private insurances wanted a bailout, then I found out that the did a 10 year prediction on their profits and came down to them losing money with the retirement of the baby boomer.

They wanted the government to bail them out so avoid profits loses.

Then I follow the money trail and the campaign contributions and the pushing behind close doors with the Obama camp.

Deceptions, big pharma and big insurances got Obama in their pocket and now we are to pay for it.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
That's not a problem, just end this illegal war and use that money for helping people get well instead of killing innocent children.

Great idea! How about you jump on the phone and tell the Democratic-controlled Congress that keeps voting more funds for the war to stop. We'll wait here while you make the call. Go on.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Deceptions, big pharma and big insurances got Obama in their pocket and now we are to pay for it.

If a politician told me it was raining I'ld put down my umbrella. It doesn't really matter what they say, the damage is only ever done when people start to believe them. I'm sorry you were burnt but I think that you should probably stop putting your damn hand in the fire.

The insurance companies are a big lobby, the banks are a big lobby, pharma is a big lobby, the politicians aren't the problem, the lobbies are. The lobbies seem to be determining what item gets the most attention and, at the moment, the thing getting attention is.....immigration? The ability of immigrants to get Medicare?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

The lobbies don't get to vote on bills in Congress. They buy the votes of the Congress members who do get to vote.

The fact that the lobbies write the legislation and pay the re-election committees of their bought and paid for Senators and Congressmen is a crime.

Looking at it from this perspective,

Are we truly represented in Congress?

I'm still being taxed.

<< 1   >>

join