It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samsung doesn't find satirical spoof amusing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Samsung doesn't find satirical spoof amusing

www.latimes.com

Headlined "What People Got for Christmas," the English-language column also poked fun at global technology giant Samsung Electronics, referring to past bribery scandals as well as perceptions that its leaders are arrogant.

The piece was meant as a satirical spoof, the columnist says, but Samsung wasn't laughing.

Breen's column ran as local media reported that President Lee would soon pardon Samsung Chairman Lee Kun-hee on a 2008 conviction for tax evasion. Chairman Lee, 68, had already rece
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
(I know you have seen a row of threads created by me, this is because I haven't had a chance to post news stories I have been gathering over the night.)

This is further proof that the world is run by corrupt corporations, that will do whatever it takes to increase sales and prevent losses.

It no longer surprises me that someone's life can get ruined for messing with the wrong giant, but it really should not be this way.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Ofcourse it shouldn't, "regular" people work their asses of for what? Just to make the rich guys richer? Duck that! The whole economic system breeds corruption, apathy and unbalanced wealth in the world.

The wealth corporations make should be directly put into the community supporting that corporation. Not in the pockets of an old man with 10 houses and 50 cars while some of us struggle to survive in this world we all have a right to live in.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Look at it from their point of view though, how would you feel if you owned a company and boxing day sales were coming up, you were all excited because you were going to sell a lot of products.

But all of the sudden this dude comes up and starts making fun of your company just before the big sale, and because of that you run the risk of losing sales. If it were me I wouldn't have just sat back and watched.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorZeno
Look at it from their point of view though, how would you feel if you owned a company and boxing day sales were coming up, you were all excited because you were going to sell a lot of products.

But all of the sudden this dude comes up and starts making fun of your company just before the big sale, and because of that you run the risk of losing sales. If it were me I wouldn't have just sat back and watched.

It's called Satire, you don't have a choice in the matter.

Shows like Saturday Night Live would satirize politicians during election cycles, you don't see them suing over lost votes do you?

new topics

top topics

join