It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's during the Vietnam War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Source Link Here.

This is the only known UFO photo taken during the Vietnam War. It was shot with an Electro-35 Yashica camera by an American serviceman traveling in the back of an army truck along a country road near Chu-Lei in March of 1967 (image credit: UFO Photo Archives/Wendelle Stevens).

The war was still a fresh and tragic memory when I came to this country in 1975. I met countless people who had either served themselves or had close relatives or friends who did. As I became interested in ufology from 1977 on, some of the first stories I heard were war-related. My friend John Miranda, who was the first to show me evidence for UFOs, heard first-hand an account from a co-worker in 1972: Andy (not his real name) had just served as an USAF Technical Sergeant in “what he described was the intelligence center in Thailand that coordinated the military aircraft flights over all of Vietnam. As he put it, ‘if there was a plane flying anywhere in S.E. Asia, this control center knew about it’.” It was probably the Nakhon Phanom Royal Thai Air Force Base, identified in FOIA documents discussed below.

Andy reported that “one day [probably in 1969] on multiple radars, they tracked an object traveling at 7,000 mph that repeatedly made right angle turns. They checked with the top commanders from Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines. All confirmed they had no aircraft flying in that area at the time. Of course, the folks in the intelligence center were warned never to speak of this event.” Miranda added that Andy was a sharp individual without tendency to exaggerate. “He knew exactly what he was telling me. And he had no reason to embellish the story.” Thus ended my first Vietnam UFO story. More were to follow.

MOD EDIT: To reduce the huge copy and paste.

Please read: Starting a New Thread?

(This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on May 10th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The reason that I bring this up is due to my father being a Vietnam veteran and he has some stories of weird aerial phenomena during the war that Soldiers would see sometimes at night. He said that during those long nights over there you didnt have a lot to do, so they always looked up at the stars and at times, they'd see some things that defied logic more or less.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting very interesting read.I think you touched on the subject of why I think UFO's are not seen more than what they are.

Most people between work,family and the thousands of forms of entertainment have little if no time to take a few minutes to even gaze at the sky.

Two hundred years ago all people had to do was stare at the sky thus there are more chances to see a UFO.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KingX

sightings with the naked eye yes but video or photo evidence must be greater in modern years with all the constant recording for security, tv, film, even a birthday party.
london today has more security cameras tha all european cities combined so i have to say people are more likely to see a ufo today than in the past

[edit on 10-5-2010 by listerofsmeg]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Blackout, great thread -those are some truly compelling interviews.

There are a few more accounts below but don't want to detract from this thread.

UFO Reports During The Vietnam War.

UFO Reports during the Korean War.

Cheers.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

SFC Cliff Stone (USA ret) is a Vietnam veteran who also claims to have helped with the recovery of a crashed saucer. While there are many who wonder if that crash ever happened, it does need to be thoroughly researched along with the other claims made during that era. With the opening up of Vietnam, researchers should go to the place where the crash allegedly happened and see if anything remains of it in terms of evidence. This would be a very difficult job as the forest has grown back and can be almost impenetrable.

Thank you for sharing those experiences.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Once while coming back from Korea in that time period, the C-130 I was a passenger in had to take evasive action to avoid , well, something.

Since the flight from Wake Island to Hawaii was long and boring, being crew chief types we plugged our headsets into the intercom and listened to the flight crew with some great attention. We were far behind schedule and had to leave Wake Island with less than a full load of fuel since we couldn't wait for the tide to go out to take off, and were concerned about headwinds.

Somewhere a few hours out of Wake the radar showed something on a reciprocal course at the same altitude, approaching quite fast. The was a brief intense cockpit debate over what it was then the C-130 snapped right about fifty degrees and climbed with full power, then righted with a lot of very professional level cussing emanating from the cockpit. A fairly bright light lit us up as it passed. There was some debate for about half an hour as to what to report officially. Eventually we came to the collective decision to keep our mouths shut and not report it.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am in Vietnam so..........

If you can provide the exact location of the alleged crash in Vietnam, I will be glad to go photograph the area and talk to the locals.

Let me know.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Vietnam UFO Crash Metal May Be The Smoking Gun

I dunno if that gives a good location or not, but there is more info there.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Viet Nam has great significance to the whole UFO story, many reports went unfilled and the fear of being considered a drugged out freak, kept many from reporting the connection.

I have heard several stories while researching for ATS news from ex pilots that had explainable yet unreported events relating to craft.

Viet Nam was in and of itself a possible cover up for events we have been kept from knowing about publicly.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FactFinder

You would have to contact SFC Stone via U2U message. He has a thread in the Skunk Works forum and should be able to give you more information about where he found the crash.

new topics

top topics

join