It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transit of Venus Brings Asteroids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Just one of severley i've been looking at on google. Search for your self. The Aussie Blocke doesn't lie. The Truth is out there.

www.iuinfo.indiana.edu...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Actually, the link doesn't mention Venus at all.
We get 'shooting stars' quite often anyway. I remember seeing a particularly spectacular light show in 1982 from the roof of the university. Its quite normal for this to happen. Most burn up in the atmosphere. Of course, somewhere out there has to be a 'planet killer' but we don't talk about that

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
when he tried to play the reverse sunspots off as comets...that cooled my jets...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yep, I have seen meteor showers often. They are cool, but that's all. That link you posted does not give any credence to AB "hoax." It was a hoax, he was trying to have fun and play this sick joke on people, that's all. Never take hear say and rumors on the net as true, do yourself a favour and don't take them as gospel. If you are interested in a topic do research yourself and check several links. Sometimes reading all sides of the story will also be very informative, as it will help you on seeing who gives reliable data and who just gives rumors and opinions.

The only subject that I have never relied on science about is spirituality. This is more of a personal experience.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
let's replay what i just did...

*clicks link*
*reads website*
*sees nothing on venus at all*
*hits 'ctrl + f'*
*types 'venus'*
*search shows no results*
*feels no remorse for typing a #ass reply to a #ass thread*

maybe you should actually try reading the websites before speaking. it'll help.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It didn't deal with venus. It was going on around the exact same time the meterite described in the article exploded in 1882. The last time the Transit of Venus occured. Sorry I posted it so vague I was sleepy tired.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalker
It didn't deal with venus. It was going on around the exact same time the meterite described in the article exploded in 1882. The last time the Transit of Venus occured. Sorry I posted it so vague I was sleepy tired.

yeah, but that doesn't mean venus transitting the sun had any cause for it... and meteors hit the earth all the time. it's really not an uncommon thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Venus is an inner planet. It's smaller than Earth. It has a smaller gravitational field. It isn't bringing anything.

We do have periodic meteor showers (as everyone has said) and this month is the month for one of our annual meteor showers. They occur every year, they have nothing to do with Venus, and their path isn't impacted at all by Venus. They're debris from disintegrated comets.

Here's an explaination of what they are from the Scientific American:
www.sciam.com...

And here's a page about current meteor showers:
www.meteorscatter.net...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalker

You were probably tired when you read the page, which explains why you didn't interpret it correctly.

The writer was giving examples of meteorite strikes on the Earth and just happened to mention that one. There have been hundreds of thousands of strikes just like that one (one in the US just within the past month or so) and they aren't associated with transits or chemtrails or anything else. The writer just happened to pick that meteorite because it was an event local to that college, making it more interesting than a meteorite of the same size and description coming in somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What happened to the blackvault website? It just went away? Very strange!!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My point was not to put the cause of the asteroid/meteroite on venus, just to point out that around the same time frame the Venus Transit occurs so do apparent meteorite strikes.

new topics

top topics

join