It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westall UFO incident - New documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Just a bit of a heads up for everyone here, particularly for those of us here in Australia.

A brief description of the event for those new to the subject:

At approximately 11.00 am on Wednesday, 6 April 1966, a class of students and a teacher from Westall High School were just completing sports on the main oval when an object, described as being a grey saucer shaped craft, with a slight purple hue and being about twice the size of a family car, was sighted.

Witness descriptions were mixed: Andrew Greenwood, a science teacher, told "The Dandenong Journal" at the time that he saw a silvery-green disc. According to witnesses the object was descending and then crossed and overflew the high school's south-west corner, going in a south-easterly direction, before disappearing from sight as it descended behind a stand of trees and into a paddock at The Grange in front of the Westall State School.

After a short period (approximately 20 minutes) the object - with witnesses now numbering over 200 - then climbed at speed and departed towards the north-west. As the object gained altitude some accounts describe it as having been pursued from the scene by five unidentified aircraft which circled the object.

More information can be found here:
(Note that an audio file will load when the page loads)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Today I recieved an email from Shane Ryan, who has been tirelessly researching and investigating this case for several years, he is still looking for more witnesses of this case to come forward.

He has asked for the word to be spread about this doco, so what better place than ATS?

On 6 April 1966 hundreds of people watched the object hover and land briefly. Now over 40 years later, eye witnesses all share their recollections of the day’s events. Over 200 hundred witnesses were contacted and asked to speak out. Many of their stories are revealed here for the first time. It also combines animated images to tell its story.

The film is driven by the search of teacher Shane Ryan, who has his own, very personal reasons for wanting to uncover the truth.

The doco took 3 years to complete with numerous government departments refused to comment. Whole boxes of official files on the incident are missing, lost or unaccounted for...

The film follows him as he attempts to solve the mystery once and for all. This contemporary detective story is set against the backdrop of an Australian city, but it reflects on a fascinating and pivotal period in world history when rivalry between the United States and the Soviet Union was played out in a massive onventional and nuclear arms race, the space race and the Vietnam War.

With its undercurrent of Cold War paranoia, secret US air bases and a burgeoning military relationship between Australia and America, this 1960s story has deep resonance in the current climate of cover-ups and untruths delivered by governments in the interests of national security.

It airs 8:30pm Friday June 4th.

Some related links:

www.tvtonight.com.au...
tech.groups.yahoo.com...
www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Mate very keen to watch. One obvious question. I am tight, will this be on the commercial channels or foxtel austar?

Cheers,
pablos

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pablos

Sorry found out, got the link up, and see it is on sci-fi. Hopefully sbs or abc pick it up.

They are good like that.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pablos

Yup only on Scifi as far as I know.

Would be good if the free to air channels pick it up too.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Hiya Chad, hopefully the vid'll rock up on You Tube or somewhere...looks good.

I've just been reading the other thread. It's one I remember well because it froze my PC and crashed my browser when I tried to read it. Somehow it's been flagged and never read?! Had to look elsewhere. Today's the first time I could open it

Edit to add...nothing's changed has it? 22 flags for an incident of genuine intrigue. JKrog and Internos used to tell me the best threads often get little interest.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks buddy, yeah the audio could be a thread killer of that thread I guess.

But it is true, the better cases seem to get ignored, maybe it's because there is less to debate?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Chadwickus.....

You are definitely doing the right thing by keeping this fascinating case "front & centre"!

I've just re-read Bill Chalker's 3 page summary of this case in his book, "The Oz Files".

For interest's sake, I'll go back through it & see if he comes up with any significant differences in his reporting of it.

Also for interest's sake, I'll see if Timothy Good mentions this case in his books.

I will await the show with great anticipation.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is one of the compelling Aussi cases along with the Valentich Cessena. It has similarities to the Zimbawbe Ariel School witness accounts, and 44 years later every surviving witness is adament about what they saw.
Can't wait to see it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Check out the most recent developments on youtube

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Check out the most recent developments on youtube

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here is a short animation of witness accounts of the Westall UFO sighting:

Lee vividly illustrates the witnesses accounts. She uses black and white charcoal drawings and animation to recall the time: 1966, the school: South Clayton High, and the students and teachers memories.

leewhitmore.com.au...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Luke Idea

Can you give me a link pls luke?
cheers

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

UPDATE

Preview for the documentary is now online:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Thanks Chadwickus.....

.....can't wait mate!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Thanks Chadwickus.....

.....can't wait mate!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
its a 10 min drive from my place to where it is....I've been its a pretty scary place a night....can't wait to watch it hopefully someone uploads it

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Preview for the documentary is now online:

Chadwickus, great stuff - look forward to that one.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Not a bad debate happening on the sci-fi channel.au at the moment on the westall 66 thread.

Could warm-up into a monumental stoush!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Chad

There are many multiple witness cases like this that are basicaly ignored by the media.

In my area from Wollongong to Nowra and down the south coast seems to be a hot spot over the last few years, but the sightings have been mainly by word of mouth.

A sighting at Mnt Kembla near Wollongong was localy televised a few years back.

Regards BDU

[edit on 28/5/10 by Bob Down Under]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Join in the fun debate at the sci-fi chan.Beware the troll,but im sure you experienced posters can more than handle him

www.scifitv.com.au...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Cygnus_Hunter]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join