It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SDO Solar Dynamics Observatory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
SDO, NASAs newest solar observatory, is now operational, delivering stunning close-ups and video of the sun. And of a hair.

Yes, thats right, there is what appears to be a hair on the lens. First Hubble's mirror was off, now a hair on the SDOs camera. Get w/ it NASA, is it really THAT hard to do a quality check before launching a multi-million(billion?) dollar spacecraft? Or perhaps its Lockheed-Martins fault-they built the AIA instrument that takes those lovely videos of the corona.

Other than that, this thing is truly awesome to behold, and really the small area blocked out by the hair more than likely isn't really a problem as far as usable scientific research is concerned.

Heres a vid:

Hope that worked.

heres a link to the SDO site:
Solar Dynamics Observatory

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Theres been a couple threads on the SDO here lately, one with the video you posted as well. However, this is the first I have heard of a hair. I can't watch the video here right now, but I have seen it and I dont recall seeing any artifacts. Is it visible?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow! This is hypnotizingly (is that a word? lol) beautiful!
Thank you for this post. I love reminders of the beauty of the comos.
As far as the hair goes,
WTG NASA. Nice find

~Tragic~

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
WOW!!! thanks for the link thats beautiful S&F thanks for posting
check this out
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Looks like an earth behind a force field.
That would be nuts
an earth surrounded by a forcefield that emits enough heat etc etc to spread life while sitting under a force field where nothing can harm you

Amazing.
Would something like that be capable of being created but yet no harm beneath?
Opens the doors to loads of other theories, ancient aliens, the sun is a major factor throughout history, religions, prophecies, Ancient beliefs, Mayans,Aztecs,

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That hair may have been placed intentionally. If the lens were completely free of common artifacts, then strange recorded footage of apparent unexplainable objects could not be debunked as space dust, ice chips, human hair, etc...

I'm just being silly of course

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Jazz, that is an absolutely gorgeous picture and as for the theories, oh boy don't even get me started!

~Tragic~

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tragic

Go for it

I just did ha ha imagine though?
Would it be possible?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Possible? Hmmm I am one of those people who believe anything is possible until I'm shown hard concrete fact that it's not. So, really the theories we could get into here are limitless.

~Tragic~

new topics

top topics

join