It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disinformation Manifesto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Greetings ATS!

Do you have what it takes to become an Agent for Truth Suppression? Always wanted to baffle the people who think they've got it all together? Do you love your Government so much, that you'll do whatever it takes to belittle those that mocks it, distributes concepts and ideologies that seek to change it, or makes claims that they have proof of conspiracy against it?

Do you think an exciting career in Information dissemination is the right job for you? Then you've come to the right place, to learn all that you'll ever need to know, about what it takes to do your job well! Welcome to...

The Disinformation Manifesto

Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression by David Martin ("DC Dave")

Strong, credible allegations of high-level criminal activity can bring down a government. When the government lacks an effective, fact-based defense, other techniques must be employed. The success of these techniques depends heavily upon a cooperative, compliant press and a mere token opposition party.

1. Dummy up. If it’s not reported, if it’s not news, it didn’t happen.

2. Wax indignant. This is also known as the “How dare you?” gambit.

3. Characterize the charges as 'rumors' or, better yet, 'wild rumors'” If, in spite of the news blackout, the public is still able to learn about the suspicious facts, it can only be through 'rumors'” (If they tend to believe the 'rumors' it must be because they are simply 'paranoid' or 'hysterical'”)

4. Knock down straw men. Deal only with the weakest aspects of the weakest charges. Even better, create your own straw men. Make up wild rumors (or plant false stories) and give them lead play when you appear to debunk all the charges, real and fanciful alike.

5. Call the skeptics names like 'conspiracy theorist', 'nutcase', 'ranter', 'kook', 'crackpot', and, of course, 'rumor monger'” Be sure, too, to use heavily loaded verbs and adjectives when characterizing their charges and defending the 'more reasonable' government and its defenders. You must then carefully avoid fair and open debate with any of the people you have thus maligned. For insurance, set up your own 'skeptics' to shoot down.

6. Impugnant motives. Attempt to marginalize the critics by suggesting strongly that they are not really interested in the truth but are simply pursuing a partisan political agenda or are out to make money (compared to over-compensated adherents to the government line who, presumably, are not).

7. Invoke authority. Here the controlled press and the sham opposition can be very useful.

8. Dismiss the charges as 'old news'”

9. Come half-clean. This is also known as 'confession and avoidance' or 'taking the limited hangout route'” This way, you create the impression of candor and honesty while you admit only to relatively harmless, less-than-criminal “mistakes.” This stratagem often requires the embrace of a fall-back position quite different from the one originally taken. With effective damage control, the fall-back position need only be peddled by stooge skeptics to carefully limited markets.

10. Characterize the crimes as impossibly complex and the truth as ultimately unknowable.

11. Reason backward, using the deductive method with a vengeance. With thoroughly rigorous deduction, troublesome evidence is irrelevant. E.g. We have a completely free press. If evidence exists that the Barrack Obama's 'Birth Certificate' was forged, they would have reported it. They haven’t reported it so there is no such evidence. Another variation on this theme involves the likelihood of a conspiracy leaker and a press who would report the leak.

12. Require the skeptics to solve the crime completely. E.g. If Foster was murdered, who did it and why?

13. Change the subject. This technique includes creating and/or publicizing distractions.

14. Lightly report incriminating facts, and then make nothing of them. This is sometimes referred to as “bump and run” reporting.

15. Baldly and brazenly lie. A favorite way of doing this is to attribute the “facts” furnished the public to a plausible-sounding, but anonymous, source.

16. Expanding further on numbers 4 and 5, have your own stooges 'expose' scandals and champion popular causes. Their job is to pre-empt real opponents and to play 99-yard football. A variation is to pay rich people for the job who will pretend to spend their own money.

17. Flood the Internet with agents. This is the answer to the question, “What could possibly motivate a person to spend hour upon hour on Internet news groups defending the government and/or the press and harassing genuine critics?” Don t the authorities have defenders enough in all the newspapers, magazines, radio, and television? One would think refusing to print critical letters and screening out serious callers or dumping them from radio talk shows would be control enough, but, obviously, it is not.

I'm pretty sure that by now, people here on Above Top Secret all recognize tactics deployed by other members that heavily rely upon this Manifesto. To most folks, people who deploy these tactics are known as 'Drones', 'Shills', or 'disinfo agents'. Every now and then, and actual 'sheeple' will arrive on ATS and disseminate information out of a sincere belief...

lol, trust me when I say that that is rare...

Organizations that are well versed in the use of these tactics are:

1. Law Enforcement

2. the Central Intelligence Agency of the United States

3. Counterparts of other countries, of the C.I.A.

4. Mossad of Israel

5. the Jewish Defense League of Israel and the United States

6. Hammas of Syria

7. Hezbola of Lebenon

8. Palestinian Liberation Organization

9. I.S.I. of Pakistan

10. Majestic of Great Britain

11. Politicians - any politician...

12. Mass Media - a.k.a. Fox News, C.N.N., A.P., B.B.C., C.B.S., N.B.C., A.B.C., Rueters, T.B.S.

13. Last but not least... Satan, the Devil. A.K.A., the Father of the lie, Great Serpent, Great Dragon, Lucifer, Nicodemus, Azazel, Belial, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, Mefistopholese, Jubilex, Abracax, Set, Loki, Shaitan, and others.

Oh, there's one job prerequisite you'll need prior to deployment, and that is, if you utilize these techniques, you cannot be a Christian because being a Christian will interfere with your ability to perform, as these tactics are taught fluently in Hell... where you will be going once you begin Disinformation Deployment and choose to sign the contract of your soul over to your mentor...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1c5882fafb3.gif[/atsimg]

Lead by example, follow by choice... Have a grand day!

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It pleases me to be the first one to S&F this thread.

I notice a lot of disinfo agents.

The hypocrites say one thing, but you can bluntly tell they mean another thing of something so sinister and so mean toward the topic and the topic starter. Rather than stay on topic, they start to judge the topic starter and try to make the thread turn into a bash against the topic starter with their fellow disinfo agents.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Brilliant post, thank you so very much for this info, I'm going to print it out for reference. I have seen these tactics on so many cases by so many people, ATS and off ATS, it's not only annoying but it's reverse productive.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i dont s & f many threads, but you sure got one of both for this one.

well done sir. this should be required reading material

[edit on 5-5-2010 by BlesUTP]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Even though all the above mentioned organizations practice disinformation, the primary problems they encounter is that once you've used some of those excuses several times, they clearly demonstrate their efforts as disinformation. The result is that their credibility drops to near zero. Then, it becomes so common, everyone expects the disinformation, and simply accepts it as how business is done.

The challenge then is to try to get any REAL information out of any of them!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thank you Gentlemen...

While I'm pretty aware that ATS is a breeding ground for this type of behavior... I can almost - just almost mind you - assure you that individuals involved in intelligence studies to become intelligence professionals use Above Top Secret, and sites equal in quality as such, to learn the technique in information warfare and redirection because of the intelligence that frequents these forums. If a good disinformation agent succeeds in their quest here on ATS they've made the grade...

A related article I posted awhile back covers this information beautifully, with many great posts filled with informative concepts on agenda...

Disinformation Tactics: The Methods Used To Keep You In The Dark

Sometimes... lol, JUST SOMETIMES I SAY.... Even ATS Members are duped by really good information that reeks of conspiracy, like happened to me on this thread:

United States has, unbeknownst to America, detonated Nuclear Weapons in the Middle East

Now while Depleted Uranium is no better, I actually believed, and had proof of that belief, that America detonated nuclear weapons in the middle east, but unfortunately I ran out of 'proof'... and ultimately had to concede to the opposition.

That's what ATS is all about. The truth.

DENY IGNORANCE, DIGNIFY JUSTICE, AND REVEAL TRUTH

That's why I love the people here on ATS, because you can count on them to set the record right!

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DarkspARCS]

new topics

top topics

join