It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Century of the Self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The Century of the Self

video.google.com

"The Century of the Self 'is a four-part series of documentaries by Adam Curtis in 2002, for the BBC.

The series is divided into four logical sequence of programs of one hour each:

* Happiness Machines
* The Engineering of Consent
* There is a Policeman Inside All Our Heads: He Must Be Destroyed
* Eight People sipping Wine in Kettering

The thread of the series is Freud's theory of psychoanalysis and how over the years by different people used and abused to manipulate the public. Curtis focuses in The Century of the Self in particular politics and big business.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
After watching this video I got an sort of an visioen.

When you think about these psychological things they put in place to make us desire stuff we don't need. Then you can say the constructing of this crisis economical has only one outcome.
When people are suppressed enough by war,dept ,health care ,no job, bills to pay. You can say you are being forced to desire simple things more. Just some peace, rest, nature ore whatever.
At the same time you are being bombarded with adds of stuff you don't need any more, because there is a new desire on the horizon.
I want to be free, that's all . So this new desire is a conflicting one, cause it serves no benefits for them(who's them?)
So with these conflicting factors, they push us to revolt.

If you didn't watch like at least 15min of the video then dont burn me of.

video.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-5-2010 by MrOrange82]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by MrOrange82]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
www.jesus-is-lord.com...

Why did I post this,? Nothing special. stumbled up on it

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This one is stupendously simple, well-documented and easy to validate through independent sources. I searched along with watching the movie and found TONS of supporting evidence in myriad places. It truly breaks the hold by informing the mind.

You can actually feel the conflicts planted in your subconscious getting eased by the truth about how it is conditioned, how it is on purpose, and how a couple of greedy and brilliant men created us over again as consumers and little else.

Even Hoover knew about it. People who see it are never the same. If they won't awaken to what is going on around them, this is an easy way to help them open their eyes and break free of consumer conditioning.

Don't hate them, free them.

new topics

top topics

join