It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only A NUCLEAR Bomb Will Stop The Oil - Says Economic Analyst!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Excuse me folks, where have they set off nukes before?

For your viewing pleasure-

It is only just one more.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i believe that the government has a way to fix this with all of alien technology bargained for peoples lives. Thousands of people, children, go missing every year- and they go to the Bases and the Aliens. You mean to tell me we allow several alien species to co exist with us in Dulce and yet we dont have the capacity to ask them to take their USO and use their lasers to seal this shut? seriously- its a big deal- but it will never get that far.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
such a shame salt doesn't have the same effect as it does on a scab as the sea floor @(

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This person who wrote that article is just looking for attention, that is completely insane. Even if they were to use explosives there is no need for a nuke. If they need that much power they have a MOAB. Still that is just cluelessness talking. Yeah we already have a major environmental disaster lets make it radioactive now with no guarantee it will seal the hole... Sigh!

They are drilling relief wells as we speak they will relieve the pressure and cap the main that is leaking and still use the relief wells to draw off the the oil . In the mean time they kill a lot of sea life in the area and will have impact for decades some that we are unaware of at this time.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

It is only just one more.

Yeah! and while they're at it, they can throw a few down the Eyjafjallajökull volcano - because it's spewing ashes once again!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance on the subject of solutions to this disaster.. but I'm curious, how exactly is setting off a nuke going to seal off the hole or stop the oil flow? Again, I am curious.

I just kind of think it's odd that in America we have a strict solution to disabling a bomb, a strict solution to operating on human bodies and the best we have for a hole in the earth is just to blow stuff up? Can you imagine if they used that for the other things I mentioned?

"Okay, there's a bomb in this care." ... "Let's nuke it". Or even worse..

"Alright, this man needs to have a triple bypass" ... "Nah, just nuke him".

.....Really? Wow. I certainly don't have any ideas, but I'm pretty confident that setting off a gigantic explosion doesn't usually patch up anything..

The Protector

[edit on 3-5-2010 by The Protector]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
LOL Yeah economists did so great with the worlds economy so lets give them a nuke now.
Nothing could possibly go wrong...

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Now that would be dangerous. Ash tends to get into the upper air streams like the jetstream and tends to circumnavigate the globe.

Everyone knows I was not saying a nuke would be a good idea, right?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I was not aware that the Rig fell on the well.

How did something so large and presumably buoyant fall down perfectly straight and land on top of it? 5,000 feet is a long way for a big object to go perfectly straight down in the ocean, I'd imagine. Then again maybe not.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
what is it with some people and nukes?

oh theres lead in the water, nuke it!!

my dog has a headache, nuke it!!

i can't seem to win in tic tac toe, nuke it!!

stop it with this nonsense, its very irritating every time theres a problem in the world somewhere theres got to be a group of single digit IQ people yelling for nukes.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
reply to post by discl0sur3

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I was not aware that the Rig fell on the well.

How did something so large and presumably buoyant fall down perfectly straight and land on top of it? 5,000 feet is a long way for a big object to go perfectly straight down in the ocean, I'd imagine. Then again maybe not.

It was tethered by over a mile of drill pipe which essentially guided it down. Keep in mind the platform deck on the rig is larger than a football field...it wouldn't have to be a "direct" hit to cause chaos, landing anywhere in the vicinity would do the trick. Hope that answers your question.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Dropping a nuke will probably only increase the flow of (what would become radioactive) oil since a nuke would vaporize a large spherical area of rock and sea water. It may temporarily seal the hole, but between the upcoming pressure and the shock wave cause by millions of tons of water rushing back down, it might create an actual fissure in the crust. A MOAB might even come close to doing the same thing, sans radiation.

The retards in the blue pinstriped suits might want to think this thing through. The well dumping millions of gallons of oil into the ocean until the pressure drops to reasonable levels might be less of an ecological disaster than opening a fissure bleeding magma and superheated oil.

What were these idiots thinking?

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1   >>

join