It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Deleted by author for an error.

I humbly apologize for the transgression.

[edit on 5/3/2010 by zlastonetoknow]

[edit on 5/3/2010 by zlastonetoknow]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
actually, he says she's friends with a nasa guy who's feeding her the info.

She doesn't work for NASA. He never said she did.

it's an author, retelling things from someone else. heard from a friend who....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Could it have anything to do with this???

news.bbc.co.uk...

I doubt it, did you check the article date, it's YEARS old..........

I've mentioned to Wayne people would like him to post here but I don't know if he already as an account at ATS or is the type of person who'd want one. I don't know him on a face to face basis but I've talked to him via email about his/my research a few times and he has written THE HIDDEN RECORDS exploring star maps across the globe. His FB page is public so just click the link I put in the opening post to follow the updates. I will copy and paste that counter argument someone posted above and hope for a response. I can't sit here all night but will be back a bit later on...maybe someone here can visit his FB page and update here with any new info he posts while I'm AWOL....

[edit on 3/5/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is not this post but another one on ATS

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
actually, he says she's friends with a nasa guy who's feeding her the info.

She doesn't work for NASA. He never said she did.

it's an author, retelling things from someone else. heard from a friend who....

Yes, he did on a recent post, this is what he wrote :

Judy Fältskog.... NASA astrophysicist ...

* NASA ( Special Projects )September 1994 - Present... See More
Astrophysicist / Theoretical Cosmologist
Exoplanetary Research, Deep Space Mapping, Particlelisation Research, Quantum Cosmology, Radio Astronomy, SETI

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yea, I have Wayne as friend on FB, we talked some about stuff, not much but, here is what he has as Status on FB :

'' ◄◄◄BREAKING NEWS►►►... NASA ASTRONOMER DECIPHERS 'INTELLIGENCE' SIGNAL FROM NEARBY STARS... Radio telescopes all over the world are apparently all locking onto mysterious signals RIGHT NOW in an unusual part of the radio spectrum and have found a signal code! The astrophysicist involved is a personal friend and I am standing by for more news... ''

He also say that Judy Fæltskog is on FaceBook, I dont get a match when I search.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
seriously lol. come on guys...... get a grip.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
Wayne Herschel- Judy mentioned this unusual spectrum range on the radio telescopes for the following stars:

Epsilon Eridany,

That's misspelled, wouldn't expect an astronomer to do that...

Izar (Epsilon Bootes),
Thuban (Alpha Draconis), ... See More
Proxima Centauri

You can't even see Proxima Centauri clear the horizon north of Tampa...much less could you receive any signal from it from pretty much any US radio telescope. Proxima is a southern constellation. Even if radio telescopes could "receive" UV light, which they can't, most of the US installations are too far north to "see" Proxima.

Aldebaran in Taurus

All @ 212.55 nanometers,
peaking @ 400.11 nanometers

Again, in UV-A to UV-C, which while not the far ultraviolet claimed by the first post, is absolutely not receivable by radio telescopes.

(Phasing between Harmonics and Sub-Harmonics).

That statement doesn't make any sense.

+4 Janskies @ Pulse,
Multiplex Pilot carrier signal.

She said... "Its all raw info, we are still trying to find the Marker to decode".

also radio telescopes all around the world are targeting the stars to try decipher the code...

It sounds like someone watched Contact one too many times.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

Judy runs BOINC@HOME and SETI@HOME and other such applications. I'm afraid that is the limit of her association with NASA. In her web pages, she
a) calls herself a "quantum physicist", which is a qualification I never heard of in my professional life in science
b) posts texts and pictures related to Wiccan rituals

...and frankly, all of the above reeks of New Age. It is impossible to have a career with NASA and not have publications in refereed journals. It is quite possible, however, to present yourself as one while pursuing a keen interest in alien abductions and magic crystals.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

milkyway.cs.rpi.edu...

Dr. Judy Fältskog ("Astrophysicist and Theoretical Cosmologist. Graduated UC Berkeley

milkyway.cs.rpi.edu...

The goal of Milkyway@Home is to use the BOINC platform to harness volunteered computing resources in creating a highly accurate three dimensional model of the Milky Way galaxy using data gathered by the Sloan Digital Sky Survey. This project enables research in both astroinformatics and computer science.

She might have contacts within the SETI & radio astronomy projects, or could be part of the analysis work of radio signals.

She has contacts in NASA, and a woman exists in the relevant field of employment. But.... that doesn't mean someone hasn't used her name to produce a hoax.

She does believe in alien visitation though....

www.blogtalkradio.com...

I am a Astrophysicist / Radio astronomer and Quantum ( Theoretical ) Physicist. I know that we are beeing visited by beings from other star systems and that they are here to assist us into becomming better tenants of our planet. I myself had contact with them and I am therefore willing to come out as a scientist and acknowledge their existence.

Makes it all the more likely why her name would be used for a hoax, but also could explain why she chose a UFO author to break this news to.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zlastonetoknow
As interesting as this could potentially be, there is still no confirmation from any other sources. The facebook thread even references this thread.

When I see sources quoting each other for validation, I begin to think this is may be bogus. I would love to be wrong.

It's referencing the ATS thread as I began this thread and posted the link to it on his FB page for other followers of his there to come here as maybe some people here may find stuff not on his page that his followers would find interesting. All I know is Wayne started relaying this info only a few hours ago as it came in from HER so it's very NEW news and hardly surprising there's not anything else about as yet. He mentioned bloggers writing about it and I've asked more about that, maybe it's just bloggers who have picked up the info from HIS page, I really don't know anything else apart from what he is saying on his updates.

Here is is website which relates to his book....he's been around a while and many on ATS will know his work...

The Hidden Records

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Yea, I have Wayne as friend on FB, we talked some about stuff, not much but, here is what he has as Status on FB :

'' ◄◄◄BREAKING NEWS►►►... NASA ASTRONOMER DECIPHERS 'INTELLIGENCE' SIGNAL FROM NEARBY STARS... Radio telescopes all over the world are apparently all locking onto mysterious signals RIGHT NOW in an unusual part of the radio spectrum and have found a signal code! The astrophysicist involved is a personal friend and I am standing by for more news... ''

He also say that Judy Fæltskog is on FaceBook, I dont get a match when I search.

Here is a link to her FB - Hope the link works

www.facebook.com...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by vesta]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

calls herself a "quantum physicist", which is a qualification I never heard of in my professional life in science

If she has a physics degree, and has carried out research in quantum physics, then she is a "quantum physicist".

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by buddhasystem

calls herself a "quantum physicist", which is a qualification I never heard of in my professional life in science

If she has a physics degree, and has carried out research in quantum physics, then she is a "quantum physicist".

If she has a physics degree, she'll be quite aware that radio telescopes don't receive UV light, and would have made up a better story.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So why doesn't somebody phone up one of these radio observatories and ask them whats going on?

.........oh right yeah, because it's BS.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Wayne says she is a friend of his so if that's the case then I think he'd know who she really is..........I will ask him how long he has known her
He is getting a LOT of comments and question asked on his thread so don't rely on getting answers to all I've asked him. He seems tied up with regular contact with this person as well, alot of emails between them and no doubt he's busy trying to verify things himself outside of her.

[edit on 3/5/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If this turns out to be a hoax, which it looks like it will, I'm going to be angry. There are people in this world truly dedicated to finding signs of extraterrestrial life which in my estimation is an endeavor more worthy of praise then 90% of what everyone else does on this miserable little planet. All a hoax does is demean their work and politically set them back decades.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My instinct says something is really not right. I don't think this is true. Do I want it to be true, hell yes. Is it...probably not. This is coming from a hard core believer. Just fyi.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

If she has a physics degree, she'll be quite aware that radio telescopes don't receive UV light, and would have made up a better story.

That's a good point, and that's why I said this could be a hoax with someone using her name.

Or, it wasn't UV....

Or UV doesn't mean ultraviolet in the FB msgs.

Or we've missed something.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

We are members of Homo Sapiens species, and yet to refer to yourself as a "sapient human" would be quite silly, right? Even if factually true. I can't think of many areas in modern physics that aren't "quantum".

But like I said, no publications in peer-reviewed journals in her field of research is really the red flag here, along with all that nonsense that many people detected in the info she fed to a gullible ATS member.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join