It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Taliban claim credit for failed NYC Times Square car bombing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Pakistan Taliban disavow Times Square bomb suspect Faisal Shahzad

A Pakistan Taliban spokesman denied knowledge Thursday of a video claiming responsibility for the Times Square car bomb attempt, though he praised suspect Faisal Shahzad’s ‘noble job.’

www.csmonitor.com...

however,

Accused Times Square Bomber Faisal Shahzad linked up with the Pakistani Taliban through the internet, ABC News has been told by law enforcement and intelligence sources close to the investigation. Once the Taliban identified him as more valuable in the U.S. than in Pakistan, they trained him to return to execute his bomb attack.
New video shows sparse interior of accused terrorist's apartment.

abcnews.go.com...

But according to these sources, Shahzad also had a web of jihadist contacts that included big names tied to terror attacks in the U.S. and abroad, including the figure who has emerged as a central figure in many recent domestic terror attempts - radical American-born Muslim cleric Anwar Awlaki.

Besides Awlaki, sources say Shahzad was also linked to a key figure in the Pakistani Taliban, its Emir Beitullah Mehsud, who was killed in a drone missile strike in 2009. The Mehsuds had been family friends of Shahzad, who is the son of a former high-ranking Pakistani military officer.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
if the failed bomb attempt was a false flag, the US could be gearing up for something in the mid east:

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — The Obama administration has delivered new and stiff warnings to Pakistan after the failed Times Square car bombing that it must urgently move against the nexus of Islamic militancy in the country’s lawless tribal regions, American and Pakistani officials said.

The Obama administration was planning to use the failed terrorist attack to impress on the Pakistanis of the urgency of getting American development aid in place in the tribal areas where militancy thrives, and into Karachi, the biggest city, where radical religious schools, known as madrasas, are popular.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
don't know if i'm saying stuff thats been said here, or if i'm off topic slightly.

but i'll be darned if last night i wasn't sitting here with fox news on, going about my night, and i hear "hillary clinton said that if there were any more terrorist acts in the u.s. traced in any way back to pakistan, there would be major consequences." not those exact words but i'm not exaggerating her seriousness of context. then heard it nevermore.

are they testing the waters publicly for war?

i thought venezuela or iran was scripted to be next. hrmph. shows what i know haha

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join