It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The iPhone UFO App Fool Members of ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Just in case some members have not seen this, here is a short video that demonstrates how easily one of the iPhone UFO app’s can be used to make a “UFO photo hoax”.

I can see this fooling newspapers & members of the general public.

But, I also wonder…..

How many ATS members would be taken in by such an iPhone “UFO Photo Hoax”.

From what I’ve seen, I suspect there would be members who would believe such a photo was “real”.

Here's an example photo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce36ffb107da.jpg[/atsimg]

I will post more.

Kind Regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the tip... Any thread with a picture of a UFO that starts with "I took this on my iPhone...." should immediately be packed off to Skunkworks. I always thought Steve Jobs was an alien anyway, so maybe this is disclosure!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Not many would be taken in. The results are pretty poor when you see them first hand. I just tried the app out and believe me it's not folling anyone with half a brain.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
Not many would be taken in. The results are pretty poor when you see them first hand. I just tried the app out and believe me it's not folling anyone with half a brain.

RMFX1.....

I'm not so sure about that.

Have a look at this thread wherein many members were fooled by a ghost iPhone app until yours truly happened upon the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also.....

How many pictures of Venus, lens flares, planes, etc... have been identified by members as "real" UFO's, when those things looked much less "real" than the photo's produced on this iPhone app.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

RMFX1

For instance.....

I can recall recently seeing a thread started about a picture very, very similar to this one, wherein many members were complimenting the "great find".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b58a3bd2bed.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
sadly - there are far too many of the " i want to believe " crowd - who show no ability or willingness to use any critical thinking - and just accept all and any claims at face value

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
sadly - there are far too many of the " i want to believe " crowd - who show no ability or willingness to use any critical thinking - and just accept all and any claims at face value

Ignorant ape.....

Unfortunately.....

I must agree with that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Here is a selection of UFO's that can be inserted into users' photo's with this app:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5dee8a3c2f8c.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
Here is a selection of UFO's that can be inserted into users' photo's with this app:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5dee8a3c2f8c.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not
It looks like these (some, if not all) were all taken from UFO photos that are real. I've definatly seen some of them before the days of iphone apps. Maybe this is an attempt to discredit them, so that every time the real pictures crop up, people will say, naah mate, that's the iphone app. It's quite clever if you think about it. Maybe we can play "match the picture to the real photo"

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Acidtastic.....

It looks like these (some, if not all) were all taken from UFO photos that are real. I've definatly seen some of them before the days of iphone apps. Maybe this is an attempt to discredit them, so that every time the real pictures crop up, people will say, naah mate, that's the iphone app. It's quite clever if you think about it. Maybe we can play "match the picture to the real photo"

You are correct.....

I can see many familiar "UFO's" there.

So you theorise the iPhone app could be "disinfo" technology.....

I'd not thought of it that way.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You know.....

Many, many people on ATS believe there are shape-shifting reptilian aliens on Earth.....perhaps even controlling it.

Why wouldn't such people believe an iPhone UFO app photo was "real"?

Which requires less critical thinking?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

There will be some that despite the fact that the APP has predetermined templates will be fooled by this yes.

Fortunately though, there will be many other members who won't be fooled by this APP.

Ying and Yang and all that jazz.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

There will be some that despite the fact that the APP has predetermined templates will be fooled by this yes.
Fortunately though, there will be many other members who won't be fooled by this APP.
Ying and Yang and all that jazz.

Chadwickus.....

I guess it will be even more fun when they start adding more & different types of UFO's into their catalogue.

I also guess a UFO video app will not be far away.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus.....

I've just been looking around some more.....

There does appear to be more than one iPhone UFO app.

When I get some time tomorrrow, I'll post some detail & pictures pertaining to some of the other iPhone UFO apps.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

that thread was mine...

but I didn't find it convincing, and someone figured out it was the iphone app...

wouldn't there be a way to tell via the exif data or something?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

In your digging around, see if you can find the EXIF data of some of those images too.

Will be good to know what identifying details will show up.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I notice they havnt got any Triangle or boomerang/delta shaped ones... Maybe their affraid of copyright control over images of goverment craft?

And funny enougth, no orbs, but they'll put in my lamp-shade shaped looking UFO...
Also I suppose there will be more photos for us to debate soon.
I wonder if the app lets you change the size of the craft..?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

that thread was mine...

but I didn't find it convincing, and someone figured out it was the iphone app...
wouldn't there be a way to tell via the exif data or something?

Reject.....

It was your thread? Why doesn't that surprise me!

And my point is proven.....certain members in that thread thought it was real & vigorously defended the photo!

Also.....I'm sure there was another thread about an iPhone UFO app picture that fooled people longer & went further along in the thread with a fair bit of support.....it showed only 1 disc.

I'll have to have a look for it.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I can't take photo's of ufo's seriously anyway, but still anyone who wants to create a hoax of anything are selfish attention seekers that create more and more mistrust in this world.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

In your digging around, see if you can find the EXIF data of some of those images too.
Will be good to know what identifying details will show up.

Chadwickus.....

I shall see if I can do that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join