It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong Thunderstorms in Midwest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
looks like Russia is running HAARP Kaboom www.accuweather.com... This is only the start of all the big storms

But seriously, what is with the compulsion to blame every single natural event on HAARP? Without any proof, shouldn't all of these thread be moved to hoax or bts?

Is anyone else sick of the recent obsession over earthquakes and the like? How many times does it have to be shown that nothing out of the ordinary is occurring, other than hysteria? Occam's razor, no?

Best,
SN

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
But seriously, what is with the compulsion to blame every single natural event on HAARP? Without any proof, shouldn't all of these thread be moved to hoax or bts?

Did you just state that your own thread should be moved to hoax or to BTS? I sort of agree I guess.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Did you just state that your own thread should be moved to hoax or to BTS? I sort of agree I guess.

No, I didn't.

My thread concerns 'denying ignorance' being incompatible w/ making a new histrionic thread about every time there is an earthquake or natural disaster somewhere on the globe and blaming it on HAARP or 2012 or whatever, w/o any evidence that shows the events to be anything but geologically average.

Best,
SN

[edit on 4/30/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

No, I didn't.

I was just looking at the title being about Midwest Storms and not about denying ignorance.

Ignorance is where someone or something is uninformed. To not know that HAARP exists would make you ignorant of that fact. Though to believe HAARP can cause midwestern storms could also make you ignorant if it was a fact. But I don't think we know one way or the other what is true so we'd have to hold off on the ignorant label and just call it skeptical.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

No, I didn't.

I was just looking at the title being about Midwest Storms and not about denying ignorance.

Ignorance is where someone or something is uninformed. To not know that HAARP exists would make you ignorant of that fact. Though to believe HAARP can cause midwestern storms could also make you ignorant if it was a fact. But I don't think we know one way or the other what is true so we'd have to hold off on the ignorant label and just call it skeptical.

How come earthquake patterns are totally normal compared to historic standards?

Even if we agree on HAARP definitely existing (and we have a guy on numerous threads specifically blaming things on a russian haarp), and then agree that HAARP can be directed to cause earthquakes, can you point to any evidence that separated a supposed HAARP caused quake from a non-HAARP quake? Surely, earthquakes aren't all the fodder of sci-fi, no?

Best,
SN

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I have to agree. I think it's odd to start a thread where the headline and the very first lines of text are apparently meant to only mock others. It seems like your OP really only belongs as post in someone's thread about earthquakes and the like to show your disapproval of such things. Not as it's own thread.

However, If you had a different title that didn't intentionally deceive people as to the real intentions of the thread, maybe it would be a little different. One more thing, just because you don't agree with someone point of view about earthquakes doesn't mean it should be labeled as a hoax. A hoax is an intentionally deceptive claim that something has happened or a fabrication of an event. People who want to believe that HAARP is causing all this aren't hoaxers. It's simply their belief.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by ararisq

I have to agree. I think it's odd to start a thread where the headline and the very first lines of text are apparently meant to only mock others. It seems like your OP really only belongs as post in someone's thread about earthquakes and the like to show your disapproval of such things. Not as it's own thread.

However, If you had a different title that didn't intentionally deceive people as to the real intentions of the thread, maybe it would be a little different. One more thing, just because you don't agree with someone point of view about earthquakes doesn't mean it should be labeled as a hoax. A hoax is an intentionally deceptive claim that something has happened or a fabrication of an event. People who want to believe that HAARP is causing all this aren't hoaxers. It's simply their belief.

Is it unreasonable to ask for a bit of evidence w/ such a fantastic claim?

I was making a point. There are thunderstorms here in the midwest, and I blamed it on russian haarp. How is that any different from the repeated threads I am disparaging?

Please don't tell me you disapprove because you wish I has just left my thread w/ the first two sentences blaming the t-storms on haarp (russian) and left it at that.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought ATS was more than 'let's come-up w/ crazy theories for something because it's a 'conspiracy website.' Without evidence, all we are doing is playing adult make-believe, not denying ignorance.

Best,
SN

[edit on 4/30/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I was making a point. There are thunderstorms here in the midwest, and I blamed it on russian haarp.

Right, so you agree with me -- you blamed it on HAARP and then said all threads that do that should be moved to hoax or BTS. In this case I think I agree with you. I guess great minds think alike. Good job.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I was making a point. There are thunderstorms here in the midwest, and I blamed it on russian haarp.

Right, so you agree with me -- you blamed it on HAARP and then said all threads that do that should be moved to hoax or BTS. In this case I think I agree with you. I guess great minds think alike. Good job.

I thought we had moved past debating whether or not I was being parodical.

Best,
SN

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It's tornado season, this happens every year.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I agree about the annoying hysteria around ATS.... but thats what it tends to foster

The storm that passed by ealier was somewhat ferocious... but I have seen worse. Storms are fun though.... great entertainment

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
It's tornado season, this happens every year.

I think that is along the lines of what I was trying to say....

Best,
SN

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I've lived in the Midwest my entire life and it always has bad storms in the spring. No big fricking deal. Same old same old.

And like OP said NOTHING to do with HAARP!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
oh, no. thunderstorms in the midwest? in April, OMG!!!! Who gave mother nature the keys to HAARP? Oh wait, that can't be, I know, God is conspiring with mother nature to kill us, wait God's gonna kill us to save us? I am confused now, does God control HAARP

why would God or Mother Nature need HAARP? Oh, thats right, THEY DONT.

I learned in 3rd grade science that warm fronts and cold fronts and temperature changes cause thunderstorms. This is what home schooled conspiracy theorists come up with on a Friday night after drinking rubbing alcohol

edit: OP is misleading and baiting, I let my post stand for general merit, but no longer directed at OP.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by jacksmoke]

top topics

join