It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. collapses war breaks out,you escape through Mexico illegaly.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would like to put the shoe on the other foot, United States economic system collapses and war breaks out, Americans cross into Mexico illegally.

Your home country of Mexico decides, to not enforce the law, the Americans decide to take jobs for 1 peso a day.
You born and raised in your own country get fired or asked to leave your job, because this guy who is illegal that should not be here, will work for 1 peso.

Now multiply that by 12 million.

Do you believe there will be no negative impact?

Do you think the Mexican citizen effected would have a valid complaint, or do you think the sole method of his complaint is racism ?

Do you think this Mexican citizen would have a valid complaint against his government if this reality took place?

Lets say these Illegal United States aliens committed crimes and the police were told to let them go,they would arrest you the Mexican citizen for the same crime.

Do you think calling people racist for trying to solve a problem in there own community,has anything to do with skin color? When we all agree there is a problem.

After all this ,Do you think it would be morally acceptable for the government you created, to Legalize a people who have had a disregard for your laws,and assisted by your Mexican government to break the laws?

Would you call Mexicans racist for enforcing there laws against Illegal U.S. citizens if they lived under these circumstances?

Of coarse you wouldn't. So lets get to the real debate shall we.

What is the real motive for such accusations?

[edit on 29-4-2010 by TaxpayersUnleashed]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by TaxpayersUnleashed]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Because the word "racist" is a vile accusation and it works. People quail away from the truth because someone might call them a name.

Were I to go to Mexico illegally, I would not be given the service we are expected to give to those who come here. The first thing Mexican govt offices do when you request a service is to ask for your proof of citizenship.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would think the American people would flood into Canada. We, after all are not harboring drug lords killing people on the Southern border.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This has been mentioned here before, but here it is again. Mexico's immigration laws are much tougher than the US's and I do believe that unlike the US, Mexico actually enforces their immigration laws.

Perhaps this article from the Concord Monitor sums it up. It is too lengthy to include here. Included in this article you may notice their remarks of

"Mexico, which annually deports more illegal aliens than the United States does"

The US is much more lenient to illegal aliens than Mexico is, which according to the article,

"Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony."

I don't know about you, but if/when the SHTF I would much rather take my chances of living out in the woods than to spend time in a Mexican prison. I sincerely doubt any illegal's from Mexico would mind spending time in our luxury suites.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You have captured my sentiments exactly.

I'm not sure why anyone believes that we should let sleeping dogs lie just because they have become so embedded in our society, and work force.

If they are arrested, deport them.

While it's hard for me to stomach having to show my "papers" on request.. that is nothing different than any time I would encounter a law enforcement officer and have to provide my identfication... which has me confused about the Arizona bill.

Is it anyone that an officer or, enforcer of a special bureau, can approach without any probable cause , and demand identification?

At any rate, S+F .. I just cant fathom why people are so against protecting our borders and ensuring that the people that come to our country are allowed to be here, and do so through the proper channels.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Sonof the Widow]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I would second that.
The parts of Canada I have been to (Ontario & Quebec) I really liked. Most of the people I met there are awesome. My former boss and his family actually migrated from Nova Scotia to the US many years ago. Hmm I would definitely need to get a better winter coat though.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
According to the law you won't be required to show anything you aren't already required to show.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I would second that.
The parts of Canada I have been to (Ontario & Quebec) I really liked. Most of the people I met there are awesome. My former boss and his family actually migrated from Nova Scotia to the US many years ago. Hmm I would definitely need to get a better winter coat though.

Don't kid yourself! I'm a South African living here, and my Canadian friends can't believe I wear such "skimpy" clothes in their harsh winter. In fact, I have bought NO clothes here in Canada. A colleague of mine in February asked me: 'How the hell do you walk out there wearing a t-shirt and a drymac?"

Easy, it's a state of mind. Us "Canadians" welcome our US buddies. (Except in hockey of course - Go Montreal last night
)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Great speech;
You should email this to the people in office

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Like many mexican illegals, I would not call for the killing of all mexicans above 14 years of age. (Plan of San Diego)

I would not call for the annexation of a large part of Mexico by the US. (Atzlan)

I would not set up a racist organisation like La Raza to get rid of anyone else but my ``race``...

I would not march on the street so english be made an official language in Mexico like mexicans are doing about spanish.

And all this talk about mexicans illegal immigrants when in fact, illegal immigrants are FROM DOZENS OF COUNTRIES. White, black, hispanic, asian illegal immigrants... yet of course the medias will only talk about illegals being hispanics.

The point is : THE PEOPLE WANT THE RULE OF LAW EQUAL FOR EVERYONE.

If mexicans want to be refugees, there's programs for this. And guess what, this whole thing started WAY BEFORE the whole drug war thingee.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

I'd rather stay and fight than go in to Mexico. A civil war torn, nuclear fallout infested United States kicks Mexico's butt on any given day.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

This is a copy of a post on another thread:

Mexico's immigration law is about the same as most nations, even the US.

The only thing that is unique is that Americans are not allowed to buy land on the coasts or near the border.

This was put into effect after the US made off with about a third of the land that belonged to Mexico.

Common misconceptions

Also since 2008 Mexico has decriminalized ilegal immigration so there is no jail time if caught ilegally in mexico. Below is a news site but it is in spanish. Found the news all over in spanish but the strange thing is I could not dig up this bit of information in english. Seems they only tell you what they want you to know.

News story in spanish

Many central and south american make it through mexico without much trouble. Even orientals use mexico as their first stop before the US. Mexicos situation is the same as the US. The laws are there but no one is really enforcing them.

Even when an ilegal is caught in mexico they just deport him. Why spend on keeping them locked up. If they are central american they are usually back (in mexico) a week later.

As for all the robberies, rape and murder of immigrants in mexico I would think that these are commited by gangs. Are there cops in bed with them? Sure. The thing is that immigrants make easy targets because they are afraid to go to the authorities but that is also the case with ilegals in any country.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
Great speech;
You should email this to the people in office

Oh, if only those in office would LISTEN....

new topics

top topics

join