It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rican Statehood Ahead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I want to talk to you about the fundamental transformation of America. It could happen tomorrow.

But first, you have to understand progressives. What is it that progressives believe?

• Big government, power and control: It's not about Democrats or Republicans, people. It's power and control. You can't choose for yourself. You're too dumb, so progressives will choose and regulate everything for you

• Democratic elections: This is important to progressives. You'll hear it "democratically elected" to refer to leaders like Hitler, Chavez and Castro — all democratically

Link

Sounds like the government is trying to gain more power. This will only end badly

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I read that article a little bit ago. Too bad it's Glen Beck so everyone won't listen. He makes some very good points that I will be watching closely. I think he is right on about this false choice that will be forced on the people....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Every time they try this the Puerto Ricans vote no. They benefit from the relationship they have with the US and don't want the BS. Now the heavy load of new benefits the federal government is making that available might change that, but historically the Puerto Ricans have desired to maintain their autonomy.

Its the US politicans who want to convert a voting block who want to convey statehood on Puerto Rico, not the Puerto Ricans.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Exactly, every time they try this the Puerto Ricans say "NO". Who would want to pay for Federal Taxes in their right mind, they already get all the benefits and don't have to deal with shifty politicians.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wasn't this posted here already:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfanNow the heavy load of new benefits the federal government is making that available might change that, but historically the Puerto Ricans have desired to maintain their autonomy.

Funny how the fed always has to bribe for friends.

That alone should be enough proof nobody should be its friend.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This topic has already been posted...

Vote Tomorrow in the Senate for the Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2009

Please include this conversation with the posted topic found in the link provided... and please, next time, before posting a duplicate subject, do a forum search on the topic out of respect for others.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
This topic has already been posted...

Vote Tomorrow in the Senate for the Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2009

Please include this conversation with the posted topic found in the link provided... and please, next time, before posting a duplicate subject, do a forum search on the topic out of respect for others.

Thanks

firstly i did a search and didn't find anything. Second don't talk to me like a mod.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

ooooohhhhhhhhh snap... no he did-n't

new topics

top topics

join