It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been here a while but still new...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've been a member on this site for some time but haven't made very many posts. My earliest posts were about dreams and things as I recall and I've only posted a few other replies recently on other topics. I'm finding it hard to find threads I want to post in when the length of so many interesting threads becomes quite a task of reading. Sounding intelligent without reading the posts is difficult so better to say nothing than to make an idiot of myself... which I am very good at. I would very much like to get enough posts soon to start a few threads of my own.

My interests are very broad. From paranormal to extra terrestrial to religion among many others.

I typically do not go with something just because I'm told that it is but rather I like to make my own conclusions, right or wrong, and explore those. I am very devil's advocate on almost every subject and sometimes have an uncanny way of taking an opposing point and using it to prove my own. I don't typically go for the conspiracy theory answer and in fact I'd say I never go for it. I believe it's more important to prove something is before attempting to prove that it isn't. UFO's, God, ghosts... show me a picture and I'll ask for evidence supporting the belief behind it instead of evidence proving it wrong.

Truth is more important that theory, assumption and belief. Seeing alone is not believing. But that is just my personal viewpoint.

Hopefully I'll become quite involved here and learn a lot from the varied lot of others who post here.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by awood

Hi awood,
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some links you might not have seen.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by awood

Welcome awood, I'm glad you came out from the bushes where you were lurking! Hope to see you around the boards.

-E-

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey, awood! Welcome on ATS!

Nice introduction you have there
and you made some good points.

Have fun!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. You will find these forums very different from the rest of the common ones found on the internet.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! From your initial post, it sounds like you will be an interesting member. Looking forward to same.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Welcome awood.

Trust me, read those links the Mod sent you.

If you are interested, I started a thread called about members names and how they came to be picked. It is in the Freshman forum but it is for everyone. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to check out what people wrote and if you wish to put your story down, please do. You will have fun with the replies. Have at it buddy.

Again, have fun and you will have a good experience here.

Take care.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thanks for all the welcoming messages... and the information!!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Welcome awood, nice introduction you have there! I do believe that one has to logic to explain things. Even "unexplainable" things that we don't understand or are paranormal can ultimately be explained if science broadens it's horizons. It's like how everyone in the ancient world was in awe when they spot an eclipse, thinking that the sun is being eaten up and would perform rituals to make it go away. To them, that is paranormal but to us it is a scientific phenomenon.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Icyboy, I too have said that as well. Things we take for granted today as simple or even complex but common would be miraculous to those of old.

I mean we have gone so far beyond sacrifices to the gods for earthquakes volcanoes... and instead we understand how and why they occur.

Natural phenomenon is more scientific than natural now and certainly not taboo anymore.

How I would love to see what today would be like if I could carry back technology to the 50's to mass produce the computers we have today. What a miraculous world we'd have... or we'd all be dead. lol

new topics

top topics

join