It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiverse question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was just wondering what you guys thought about my multiverse idea. I don't know much about physics and things like that, but I was reading Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard and in that book there are 16 known universes. I tried to think how that would work if it were possible.

I thought about our solar system and how it revolves around a central object. Then I thought about our galaxy and how everything in it seems to revolve around some central object.

Then I thought that maybe our universe is like a giant solar system. All the galaxies in it revolve around some central object like planets around the sun, or the stars around the center of a galaxy.

Then I thought maybe the multiverse would be the same. All universes revolve around some central object, like all galaxies revolve around some central object in their universe, like all stars revolve around the center of a galaxy, and like the planets revolve around the sun. But if this is the case, when would this end? Would there be multiverses that all revolve around some other central object and so on?

I put together some illustrations trying to describe what I'm talking about.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Isn't the idea of Branes (short for Membranes) from theoretical physics basically about multiverses? That is how some say this universe was formed--that our "big bang" happened when two Branes "rippled" together to form our universe.

Membranes of string theory

[edit on 28/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
To answer the question of whether or not the multiverse ends is to answer the question as to whether or not the universe comes to an end. If so [which it probably does] what is to be found on the edge? Personally I think it would be similar to a 'solar system - galaxy' set up as portrayed in the Universe Where the Universes could be close to one another, but not really 'attracted' to one another to where gravity would have an influence on it if there is even gravity in that space. I couldn't really see the universe revolving around something, but I suppose their is no limit except for what the mind can conjure at this point.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If one buys the notion of [essentially] parallel Universes then the idea of nested overspheres probably makes the most sense.
It would all be sort of part of the same macro-'structure'.

Of course if the expanding universe theory is correct then perhaps new universes are being spawned in the center on an ongoing basis, pushing out the older universes & those have to expand to accommodate the newer ones.

Maybe when universes get really stretched they lose coherence & begin to blur into one another?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Close, but many more universes inside of the multiverse

Think of it as this.

Each universe is contained as a tiny seed in the pomegranate fruit. Hundreds of seeds are bound together inside one fruit- the all that is. Each tiny seed pod has a membrane, that with the right technology, one can pass through, and access each different universe.

That is how God created our existence. And Heaven, the afterlife, is the Skin of the pomegranate. That is how God is everywhere at once. Not preaching anything religious- just how the way it really is

www.beautorium.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The real confusing concept is where each universe in the multiverse can have an infinite number of timelines. And by the way, I think that if even one other universe can exist in the multiverse, then an infinite number of them can exist. So... you end up with: (infinite timelines) x (infinite universes) = the multiverse. Now... try to figure out which timeline of the multiverse you are in at any moment.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by Larryman]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Close, but many more universes inside of the multiverse

The multiverse picture I made wasn't supposed to be an exact replica.
I was just giving an example.

new topics

top topics

join