It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what is in a name?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I’m not sure if this thread is considered dead yet, but I’m going to post mine anyways

Me either BUT, a recent thread got me thinking back and I remember this one-as one of my favorites at the time.

I checked on it and I am sorry that I lost track of it. Romatic Rebel chimed it... Kiwifoot.... & of course, who can forget Dogbite's story... Dam.

Well, I am glad I checked back and who knows.. maybe some more stories will appear-Seems like there are one heck of a lot of new people on recently. Welcom. Happy New Year everyone.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This has been a great thread to read.

I used Babelfish to translate "The Resistance" into a romance language to make it sound more feminine. I can't remember if it's Portuguese or Spanish.

"The Resistance" because I choose to resist the lies Big Brother tells us on the prolefeed.

Not to be confused with LaResistencia the South American communist group or the Mexican ska band which I discovered on Google later. LOL

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LaResistencia

Well I am glad you enjoyed reading them. I did too. Actaully serval times. I re-read the whole thead today. Funny stuff, and some serious stuff. I enjoyed how people opened up and explain themselves etc.

Well, you will have to post some of your work for us to enjoy. Sounds interesting.

PS.

Why are you Mad as Hell? You came to the right place-I was just wondering...

) Peace.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Be koy or die= bekod, and that is me web name, and yes i know Koy is spelled c, but my last name stars with k. also thinking about putting my self on the endangered list. for i am the only one.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by LaResistencia

Why are you Mad as Hell? You came to the right place-I was just wondering...

You ever see that old movie "Network"? In the movie there is a monologue done by a journalist, and it is as follows:

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

My name has a pretty simple origin. There was an online game that I was involved with, still in the design/testing stage. I was planning on playing an Orc shaman named "Gazrok" (it just sounded orcish) and starting up an Orc guild for it. The game did eventually come out, but was years later, and I had moved on to other things.

At the time though, I often found it wasn't taken when going online and using a username, (and without adding numbers). So, it was quick, didn't require numbers, and was usually available, so used it ever since.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"Red Horse" was partly inspired from the name of a medieval music-inspired quartet some friends and I used to partake in. The group has since disbanded, but I still hold the name dear, and a moniker I've used for a while on the net.
I also happen to be the caretaker of two actual red horses, so it seemed fitting.

Upon finding out this was already taken here, in a fit of stubbornness, instead of choosing something else I just stuck an 11 after it, to signify whatever you want it to signify.
edit on 11-1-2011 by redhorse11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've been on quite a few forums, chatting, all that stuff. I actually used to use my last name...what an idiot. After growing up, realizing that being somewhat anonymous on the internet is the safer way to go...I had to find something else to use.

I used the number 23 because that was my number, but then went with Highway on a lot forums and sites. Highway comes from liking Bob Dylan and highway 61 album. So I would have (name23).

Since added Mr. because there was a highway already taken.

First post, really impressed with this site.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Mine is pretty simple. I am a Jimmy Buffett fan and SavannahJane is the name of 1 of his daughters and also one of his boats.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hisatsu just sounds like uberleetniggaplznadsaq pwnage.
2nd line.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
mine originated from an old rap song, and my friends used to call me a line from it...
it's from the Geto Boys song Bring It On, and the rapper who sings the part is Gangsta Nip.. we just thought it so funny the way this particular rapper talked so much shhtuff

...i wake up every morning screaming "Somebody slaughter me!" Step in my path, your a@# is void Cause I'm an aerodynamic, satanic, schizophrenic android Your mind ain't deep enough, claws can't keep enough Dead bodies complaining we too loud, they can't sleep enough...

so yeah, a little odd, but who isn't!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hello all,

mine is what it says,

I can literally see atoms in the liquid of my eye and also a lot more besides,

I refer you all to Ed Leedskalnin, Magnetic Current and his writings,

Icanseeatoms.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Icanseeatoms

Could just be the jelly coating your eye floating around, everyone gets there. But hey I'm just adding what I think, if you can really see atoms that's awesome!

Hello my name is 7ruth. I've been known across the Internet widely as Valkyrion but I felt like here I needed another, more "site suitable" alias. So I came up with the idea of 7ruth. I mean it's quite obvious to what five letter word I'm trying to replicate by using a number that looks like a letter. Any guesses?

Duh, it's Truth. Anyways I'm always seeking the truth whether it be in conspiracies, problems in life, or just ranodm things that pop up. My motto on the Internet is "A Guiding Light" and by shedding truth on a subject I hope to "guide" those who are lost to the Truth.

Pretty simple stuff

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 7ruth

Thank you for your comment my friend, yes i really can see what i say and a lot more besides, good luck with your new name im sure it will serve you well.

Icanseeatoms.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well i tryed to use my regular internet alias "big jim". Instead of using numbers i tryed a space...not allowed. Quickly i tryd to think of a name that describes myself and my intentions, but still original. I punched in "4thelilguy" ( for the little guy ) and it was like it was meant to be lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Dredging up an old topic.

My Username came from a pub.
My last name refers to cold weather.
One night I walked into a pub and a mate had had a couple drinks and shouted 'look it's (surname) the snowbeast'
Snowbeast just stuck. I still get called Snowbeast after 10 years

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
EnviousRobin is my 'name' or 'tag' pretty much everywhere.

Envy comes from a FMA character I used to RP way back in middle school when the show first came out.
Robin is a blend of things. It is my chosen name (I'm TransMasculine) and it comes from Robin Williams, and 'Robin' from Batman and Robin.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Names are so iluminati

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Mines an old nickname. Comes from a Magazine album called Real Life from 1978.
Recently found out that its become a trendy thing for kids on Reddit (don't really use many sites but ATS so a bit ignorant of that stuff) so its probably not too welcome. Heyho.
There's loads of interesting names on ATS and some funny ones.
I've just found this thread while browsing away from all the rancour and arguments and it is a fascinating subject. I'm normally too polite to ask about others names and don't wanna take things off topic.

I bet a lot of the people in this thread have gone by now. Anyhoo, back to browsing the old stuff.

Oh, and my favourite name on here was kellyprettybear but I don't think he posts anymore.

edit on 25-5-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I chose mine because the butterfly represents change and transformation, which explains what I'm going through. I am African American and love the color black and gold. Gold reminds me of the spirit, transforming energy and magic. Black represents darkness and the unknown.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join