It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what is in a name?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Mine is straight forward...and completely unoriginal. Not sure why I picked it, but since I can't change it to something else...well, I'm stuck with it.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I chose my name because i would rather be up at night then the day. The sun is just WAY to bright, it needs to calm down a little. When there is a full moon, that is pretty much the perfect amount of lighting. Everything is visible, and there isnt a large ball of fire glaring into my vision blinding me.
Some websites ShadowLife is taken, so i use ShadowLyfe, Shadow-Lyfe, ectc.
But this is an interesting thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

I use to be a night dweller-when I worked night shift. I totally understand where you are coming from. (I got married since thne and now work days... but I do miss the night every once in awhile I stay up all night)

I am glad that you and others think this thread was a good idea (or interesting). I want to kepe it going-so please flag to bring attention to the thread and keep it on the main board.

Nite everyone.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

IMOVERHERE : When I first started gaming online l realised the camera panned from the victim‘s point of view to where the kill shot originated from and the firer‘s name came up in bright colours. This has got me into some right revenge vendettas, but makes good gaming. Higher case because lower already used by others. My son used to play as Urgonnadi ~self explanatory

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I got mine the day Christopher Reeves died.

I was making a new AIM account, and was like...well hell, someone has to step into his shoes.

so I took the persona. iamsuperman I felt calling myself the original would be disrespectful, so i went with v2 (meaning version 2)

Plus, it was when I found out that the new Superman would not stand for "truth justice and the american way" that made me mad. Someone has to stand for it, might as well be me.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've been registered quite a while but I'm still a noob around here... but my name... well, 'tis not very creative. It's merely an initial and my last name: A Wood. It's not something I use very often and can't even remember why I wasn't more creative when I signed up. NORMALLY I would have went with something like Suiris... which is merely Sirius spelled backwards... and Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky... but as to not be arrogant and imply "I'm the brightest..." I spelled it backwards... but no matter, here I am: the boring awood. =P

[edit on 30-4-2010 by awood]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The name i usually use for the internet is Deadrosekid. I didn't want to do the same thing again this time so i shortened it for ATS. drkid is still kickin wing! Well Dead Rose Kid comes from the 18 visions song called Dead Rose. Below, is the link to the song...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The reason for my name is very straightforward, is because of my name is Peter and I'm from Denmark

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i was learning spanish at the time i joined, and i always think of myself as delightfully insane. LocoHombre just stuck lol and it describes me perfectly

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

I love that mine-back ground with the Mouse! And your name is very cool. Thank you and everyone for putting them down on here to share with me and ATSers.

Keep 'em coming. Remember to Flag and Start to keep the post on the main board and keep interest going. Thanks and have a great weekend.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My name is in honor of my true badass nature. I own, and I am witty. Put that together and you get me!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well my name is based off sylar's ability. Well thats the name of his ability "intuitive aptitude" the power to understand how things work. And thats i believe i have.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Mine came from the fact that I'm a conservative Pagan. I know some others are as well, but the love, light, and happiness Wicca brigade drives me nuts. I was at a local gathering once and some political discusions started, after stating my opinions on some things, someone said, well you certainly are a different breed, and I kinda liked it, I use it for everything on line.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It took me a long time to get to my name, usualy (ie xbox live/msn) i'll use oxymorons like darklight or icefire but this being ats I thought i should do something more ideological and came up with Forever Sceptical but was torn so went with sonething simple AnonymousJ since my name is jamie

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm so daring and original that I went with my first name and my birth year.

Riveting, I know, but I'd prefer people to call me by my name than some made up word, otherwise I might mistake myself for an inanimate object. Either that or risk using some odd descriptor that makes me twitch a few months from now.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by alex73]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
These are really great. There have been a few that have posted already that I have wondered about. Lets hope some of the other names I have always wondered about come in and post.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Cool thread.

My name is somewhat wrapped in an enigma, it can be taken either way.

I derived my name from this: Karma which could mean good karma or bad karma. And the Chameleon of course means change, good change or bad change. I will let the reader decide which way to interpret it.

No, it has nothing to do with Boy George.(yuck)

Does everyone remember that guy/girl whatever it was?

In the 80's the Culture Club was everywhere! This is for all of you Culture Club fans out there!

Just imagine if I started an intro thread and just posted that video and typed nothing else.

That would have been good for a laugh for sure.

- KC

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Karma_Chameleon]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Karma_Chameleon

LOL. I'm not gonna lie to ya. Boy George is the FIRST thing that popped into my mind. I am gald you addressed it.

Seeing that video brought back some fun memories though. In college, in a party Frat, Friday night, frat house dance floor packed, ladies looking nice, lights of all colors-combined with not being able to see straight. Then that song and video comes up on the big screen.... And the place goes nutz!

Oh to be young again! Thank you for putting that up there. ROFLAO I wish I could Flag your post, or even star it.

[edit on 5/2/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well, I am an X-Files fan and a seeker of knowledge and truth. It takes alot of evidence for me to believe in something, i hate the thought of being a "blind" believer. I have an innate interest in the paranormal. When I was barely old enough to talk I was asking my mom about the "white man" in my room. Turned out he was the houses former occupant. This sparked my quest for the truth and my studies of the unknown.

And AgentScully was already taken

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Here's how I picked my name, UnBreakable. Like the main character from the movie with same name, I've been damn lucky, at least physically. I'm far from being "in shape" but never have had a major sickness or injury. I'm 50 years old and have never been hospitalized. Years ago I was in a major car accident where I was broadsided. My car was totaled and the person who hit me was drunk and seriously injured. I came away totally unscathed without even a scratch, in fact I wasn't even wearing a seatbelt as this happened before it was mandatory to wear one. There are a few other instances in my life where I feel extremely lucky to have come out of certain situations alive let alone injury free. I feel as though God is saving me to fulfill some mission, although I have no idea what it could be.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join