It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what is in a name?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The thread is slowing down, and I would like to here more, so now may be a good time to post those comments.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Okay,I'll chime in! For one,who isn't a little "on edge" these days? Anyone at abovetopsecret gets their daily dose of "What next?!.."

That,and I live on the Northern California Coast,and feel like I am literally on the edge of the world!

That was simple! Much more exotic and mysterious names out there than mine. Hope you get more of what you're after!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I wanted something new I haven´t used anywhere, so I looked African baby names fom the internet and found Amandla. It means power and I liked it.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Whenever i have to choose a name i normally close my eyes and use the first one that pops into my mind. unless it violates t&c then i pick another lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Well, to tell you the truth True-Seer, you are one of the ones that got me to make this post. You posted a thread yesterday: ATS Campain- www.abovetopsecret.com... and when I read it and thought about your name, Bingo.

You mini-board/avatar and your sign definetly fits you and what you want to do. And, now that I have seen some of your other post, I like your name even more.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Ooo ty lol.

I find that by picking the first name that pops into my head is best because depending on the site/forum i am joining my subconcious picks up all the info and picks a name for me. kinda like fate and thats just how i roll.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

How fitting. I want to move to Cal but am afraid to.... Seems crazy out there with all the $$$ problems.

But, the good thing is that Cal in on the front end of the spear that will start the beginning to the legalization of weed. But, they better do it quick-other states are starting to realize the money that can be made of weed.

Well, I can only hope things will change for the positive and you can change you name to something like CalSunny? Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My name just sort of came to me quickly, didn't think too hard about it. I'm very interested in computer systems / computer science and also fringe sciences / metaphysical ideas, so I guess a combination of them came out as "eternal_network"

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Mines a real nic-name given to me on the occession of my first childs birth...

You see like most babies our son was born during a storm a blazzard in fact... and it was late...

So at 2am my wife wakes me and says, Honey, the baby's coming!
In my excitment I ran out into the storm buck naked yelling The Baby's coming. the baby's coming!

needless to say those who witnesses said event took to calling me "DaddyBare"

PS: I did manage to find my pants before we got to the hospital

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

In my excitment I ran out into the storm buck naked yelling The Baby's coming. the baby's coming!

needless to say those who witnesses said event took to calling me "DaddyBare"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/302591c8b126.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

It's worse than you think...
there are plenty of folks out there who would pay good money
Never to see me naked

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I chose my nickname to describe my lifestyle.

Kind Regards,

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I figured that if I didn't...

..somebody else would.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hi OP,

Still kinda new to ATS been folowing it for a good while though, I use my Xbox live gamertag for most of my online dealings, I find this way if people want to find me that's the best way to do it, and I don't think there are to many JackAssZilla's out there which makes it all the more entertaining.

Any of you play on Xbox live add me hahaha

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am loving this. Too much.

I wish I could get everyone to do this thread.

Thank you all so much. Keep 'em coming.

I wish I/we could give Stars out in this forum. I didn't think about that at the time.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

lol i like your thinking mate.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

*Hands over thee notes*

Ummm May i NOT see your nakedz bodeh plz!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Well, looks like this thread will die but I wanted to say thanks for the post- all of them. BUT I have to say that DaddyBare takes the cake (not that there was a prize or anything). I let my wife decide---so... But I like it also.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yea my name is in relation to the 2012 effects. Ophiuchus 13 is the 13th astrological sign that will be seen dec-2012. And it represents the 1 WHO BONDS THE SNAKE or HOLDS THE SNAKE however you see it..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good thread idea

I tried to use a name that represents me and the journey through this labyrinth of collective perspective on such spectacular topics. I enjoy all the angles taken on these matters, all the sources provided for cross referencing, as well as construing my own scope of the situation, which I usually then process through a more positive perspective, in search of what good may come of something. This is because some time ago I contracted glasshalfullitis, and haven't been able to shake it since.

It is cool getting to know where so many members got their name from, Kudos and Cheers to all......

[edit on 28-4-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join