It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, Cuba Pledge To Boost Military Ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

China, Cuba Pledge To Boost Military Ties

www.chinadaily.com.cn

BEIJING -- Senior Chinese and Cuban military officials held talks here on Sunday, pledging to work together to promote relations between the two armed forces.

China was ready to deepen exchanges and cooperation with Cuba's armed forces, said Chen Bingde, chief of the General Staff of the People's Liberation Army.

During the talks with Alvaro Lopez Miera, vice minister and chief of the General Staff of Cuba's Revolutionary Armed Forces...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Russia arming Venezuela, China working with Cuba - BRIC countries closing each others, and Turkey is working more with SCO countries... Here is another sign that large opposing forces towards west are closing each others and boosting their cooperation.

Now when Korean situation is falling to the edge of war, Iran pressure is growing daily and Russia is giving safety guarantees to countries like Syria and Lebanon, Kyrgyzstan and Ukraine - we see that very much is happening in geopolitical field.

This news just back up my vision where world is fast breaking to two camps. Hmmm... Here is really something to remember!

www.chinadaily.com.cn

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
DAMN! Id unno about anyone else here, but my immediate thought and feeling was, we america, are being ganged up on! Just feels alarming. Chian owns over 84% of our land legally. I kinda sense/feel some kinda invasion...like the economy here goes completely south, americans dont wanna give up the land here that corporate america calateraled them, so chian sends its troops and cuba here to take whats thiers

just a free forming thought thats all. globalization=the takeover of america.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sounds to me we are looking at the beginning of October 1962 all over again.
say comrades or should I say 男孩和女孩
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

america is being ganged up on. here's why:

www.lewrockwell.com...

This means that the United States has troops in 70 percent of the world’s countries. The average American could probably not locate half of these 135 countries on a map

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

The total of America's military bases in other people's countries in 2005, according to official sources, was 737. Reflecting massive deployments to Iraq and the pursuit of President Bush's strategy of preemptive war, the trend line for numbers of overseas bases continues to go up.

Interestingly enough, the thirty-eight large and medium-sized American facilities spread around the globe in 2005 -- mostly air and naval bases for our bombers and fleets -- almost exactly equals Britain's thirty-six naval bases and army garrisons at its imperial zenith in 1898. The Roman Empire at its height in 117 AD required thirty-seven major bases to police its realm from Britannia to Egypt, from Hispania to Armenia. Perhaps the optimum number of major citadels and fortresses for an imperialist aspiring to dominate the world is somewhere between thirty-five and forty.

killinghope.org...

america is actually the bad guys... i know government propaganda and the media arm would have u believe that its any number of other countries but the fact is we are the agreesive empire here, not them. we are the ones expanding and pushing our way of life on others, we are the ones aggressively pursuing resources, we are the ones starting wars...

radical thought eh..

[edit on 25-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

link   
Russia arming Venezuela, China working with Cuba - BRIC countries closing each others, and Turkey is working more with SCO countries

Man seems somebody or some folks may try to bring the fight to U S soil in a reality as you can so clearly see the Mexican border is crap and Soviet troops could come right thru Mexico into Texas,New Mexico,Arizona and California before we knew what was going on.

This is a old video but it makes you think

link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Venezuela, Brazil, Cuba, Argentine... All from directions and fronts witch stretch US limits to hold their superiority with their forces. There is no power to challenge US armed forces if those will be used as combined army - but many simultaneous fronts will turn this situation to favor SCO / BRIC interests.

Question about Iran is a global worry - it is, and it will come. Missile crisis will come in many directions to make ME war impossible.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Remember this...

And now that the US deployed patriot missiles in Poland anyway...

Russian Bombers Could Be Deployed to Cuba In Response To Missile Shield

Russian bombers capable of carrying nuclear weapons could be deployed to Cuba in response to U.S. plans to install a missile defense system in Eastern Europe, a Russian newspaper reported Monday, citing an unnamed senior Russian air force official.

EDIT: IMO this is just another US policy that's backfiring... The US make peace with dictatorships like China, Egypt and Pakistan... but they don't with Cuba... when Cuba is just 40 km from their border...and now US ``potential enemies`` are using that place as an unsinkable aircraft carrier...like the US is using Israel in the middle-east...

And why do they treat Cuba like that? Because they think Cuba should be the 52th state of America. That it should be OWNED by the US... since it is not, they do an embargo on it... and of course all the Obama's promises about having more friendly relations with Cuba... OUT THE WINDOW ONCE AGAIN.

IT'S A STUPID STUPID STUPID POLICY and a DANGEROUS ONE.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

In SCO there is only one voice. But using China making this deal wont open old wounds in public media - but truly this deal will open Cuba to Russians same way as to Chinese. I think Cuba will be pleased.

I excpect Russian negotiations and message from growing ties with Cuba soon to be released after this opening.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As someone pointed out, it seems like October 1962 all over again. These rivals, China and Russia, are testing Barack Obama as the Soviet Union did with Jack Kennedy. The sharks smell weakness, and they are beginning to circle in the western hemisphere. I have yet to hear any public condemnation by the Obama Administration about these disturbing developments in Latin America. How long before ballistic missiles are deployed in our backyard, a fleet, or a large conventional force?

Furthermore, I have yet to hear anything out of Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, about the military developments of China, Russia, and even Iran in the case of Quds forces being deployed to Venezuela, along with other areas of the Western Hemisphere and the traditional US sphere of influence? Moreover, what is to stop China or Russia from negotiating with Mexico, and offering military and financial assistance to curb their cartel problem? The President ought to say something, about this. The situation with China and Russia is slowly getting out of hand. It appears that they are gearing up for a putsch against the US, and in their own backyard?

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Russia arming Venezuela, China working with Cuba - BRIC countries closing each others, and Turkey is working more with SCO countries... Here is another sign that large opposing forces towards west are closing each others and boosting their cooperation.

Now when Korean situation is falling to the edge of war, Iran pressure is growing daily and Russia is giving safety guarantees to countries like Syria and Lebanon, Kyrgyzstan and Ukraine - we see that very much is happening in geopolitical field.

This news just back up my vision where world is fast breaking to two camps. Hmmm... Here is really something to remember!

www.chinadaily.com.cn

Add that china just loaned chavez $20 billion, has been arming the taliban and iraqi resistance for years.. remember how the taliban clobbered soviet aircraft with surface to air missiles? "The Washington Times reported June 5 that Chinese-made HN-5 anti-aircraft missiles were being used by the Taliban." link

According to the officials, the Iranians, in buying the arms, asked Chinese state-run suppliers to expedite the transfers and to remove serial numbers to prevent tracing their origin. China, for its part, offered to transport the weapons in order to prevent the weapons from being interdicted.

GOP/DNC DC mafia politicians feign "support the troops" care and concern in public, but behind closed doors could care less about doing business with the people responsible supplying the weapons used to slaughter americas sons & daughters.

Defense officials are upset that Chinese weapons are being used to kill Americans. “Americans are being killed by Chinese-supplied weapons, with the full knowledge and understanding of Beijing where these weapons are going,” one official said.

John Tkacik, a former State Department official now with the Heritage Foundation, said the Chinese arms influx “continues 10 years of willful blindness in both Republican and Democrat administrations to China’s contribution to severe instability in the Middle East and South Asia.

www.nytimes.com...

From 2007:
www.rferl.org...
Negroponte confirmed the U.S. concerns over China's weapons deals with Tehran after a 10-ton weapons cache was discovered in the western Afghan province of Herat. The cache found in Ghurian district, near the border with Iran, included artillery shells, land mines, and rocket-propelled grenade launchers with Chinese, Russian, and Persian markings on them.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I see an increasing trend of countries from all around the world strengthening ties with each other. I don't believe the wests NWO will succeed with global domination.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by anti-spin]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I would not say this is like the 1960's, rather it is more like the time before WWI. Chavez has gone out of his way to make friends and alliances with all of the countries that does not like the US. Combined with allowing Chinese to actually give him loans in exchange for something should give us pause to think. I believe that the Chinese have been wanting to make inroads into South and Latin America. The fact that we have not warmed relations with Cuba and have ignored it, has provided the perfect opportunity for such and the leaders of Cuba are going to accept any and all aid. Yet the question should be at what cost and what is the end goal of them doing such? Strategically some parts make sense, and others do not. I can see them making inroads into Cuba, cause of the proximity to the mainland USA, and it would be within striking distance.
But as I stated the world kind of reminds me of pre WWI due to Chavez. With alliances being build on an economic scale and a military scale something tells me that there is a lynch pin with a string attached to it. If it is removed, then things will start to get out of hand, as long as it remains, then you will see things just continue to get colder.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Cuba has been out in the cold too long, I think its a good thing, though I hope armed conflict is not necessary.

s+f

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Most interesting continue...

Cuba and North Korea Strengthen Relations

Army Corps General Alvaro Lopez Miera, Deputy Minister and Chief of Staff of Cuba’s Revolutionary Armed Forces (FAR) highlighted in Pyongyang the strengthening of bonds between his country and North Korea.

During his meeting with Kim Yong Chun, Minister of the Popular Armed Forces of the People’s Democratic Republic of Korea and Ri Yong Ho, Chief of Staff, Lopez Miera underlined the successes of that nation in the construction of a new society.

He spoke highly of the friendship forged in common struggle, guided by the ideas of Commander in Chief Fidel Castro and President Kim Il Sung, top leader of the People’s Democratic Republic of Korea (1912-1944), and continued by the current presidents of the two nations: Raul Castro and Kim Jong Il, the Prensa Latina news agency reports.

www.isria.com...

new topics

top topics

join