It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mick1423

Rome has enemies, some have kept close to 'Rome' and others not but they are all in bed with Mamon and the outcome is not guaranteed.

I give no credence to 'Rome' being the only real player in the global domination game.

If 'Rome' is just a metaphor for 'power' then in the 21st century arena, America, the most economically successful outpost of the British Empire, is 'Rome' and there are too many sovereign and ideological entities out there or waiting in the wings, that want to see the fall of 'Rome'.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Just a quick point on currency.

The earliest form of currency comes out of Africa. It was the cowrie shell. The cowrie shell was held sacred because the opening resembled a mouth. Thus, it was used in ancient divination and sacred rituals as the mouth of God and the ancestors. They were used in jewellery, clothing, and sacred tools. As they were plentiful, sacred, and desired by all on the sub-continent of Africa for these properties, they presented themselves as a ready item for trade of other goods.

All currency has always held a value no more or less than the person willing to trade for it.

and all over the world ?

The shells of cowries (especially Monetaria moneta) were used for centuries as a currency in Africa. Huge amounts of Maldivian cowries were introduced into Africa by western nations during the period of slave trade.[2] The Ghanaian unit of currency known as the Ghanaian cedi was named after cowry shells. Starting over three thousand years ago, cowry shells, or copies of the shells, were used as Chinese currency.[3] They were also used as means of exchange in India.
The Classical Chinese character for money(貝) originated as a stylized drawing of a cowrie shell.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was reading some history today and like usual I went off in a tangent ..For your consideration or any one else ..I will start off with my first lead ..1613 . Treaty between the Iroquois and representatives of the Dutch government ...My next find...............
Dutch people, or descendants of Dutch people, are also found in migrant communities worldwide, notably in Suriname, Canada, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, and the United States. In the Middle Ages the Northern Low Countries were part of the periphery of the Holy Roman Empire, and the various territories of which they consisted had de facto become virtually autonomous by the 13th century.
The absence of most natural riches in the region traditionally inhabited by the Dutch, led to a trade-oriented, and trade-dependent, society. Positioned among some of the most important rivers of Western Europe and near the sea, Dutch cities dominated European and even world trade for more than a century, lending the Dutch themselves a reputation for being excellent merchants, and, at times, even being synonomous with the word itself.

Dutch immigrants also exported the Dutch language. Dutch was spoken in United States as a native language from the arrival of the first permanent Dutch settlers in 1615, surviving in isolated ethnic pockets until ~1900, when it ceased to be spoken with the exception of 1st generation Dutch immigrants. The Dutch language nevertheless had a significant impact on the region around New York. For example, the first language of American president Martin Van Buren was Dutch....Notice that the wiki entry for the first treaty was 1613 but says 1615 was the first settlers ...

Now if you read threw this link en.wikipedia.org... You can see that those Dutch were anything but simple and small . The Dutch East India Company (Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie or VOC in Dutch, literally "United East Indian Company") was a chartered company established in 1602, when the States-General of the Netherlands granted it a 21-year monopoly to carry out colonial activities in Asia.

The Dutch had settled in America long before the establishment of the United States of America. For a long time the Dutch lived in Dutch colonies, owned and regulated by the Dutch Republic, which later became part of the Thirteen Colonies.

Most future waves of Dutch immigrants were quickly assimilated. There have been three American presidents of Dutch descent: Martin Van Buren (8th, first president who was not of British descent, first language was Dutch), Franklin D. Roosevelt (32nd, elected to four terms in office, he served from 1933 to 1945, the only U.S. president to have served more than two terms) and Theodore Roosevelt (26th).

The name United Empire Loyalists is an honorific name given after the fact to those American Loyalists who resettled in British North America and other British Colonies as an act of fealty to King George III after the British defeat in the American Revolutionary War and prior to the Treaty of Paris. They went north because the British offered them free land, or because they rejected the republican ideals of the American Revolution.....This part seems like a bs statment to me ...

The Pennsylvania Dutch are the descendants of Germanic peoples who emigrated to the U.S. (primarily to Pennsylvania), from Germany, Switzerland and The Low Countries prior to 1800.[citation needed] The origin of 'Dutch' is a "folk-rendering" of the Pennsylvania Dutch's own self-designation Deitsch. It corresponds to German Deutsch, and indeed the Pennsylvania Dutch come mostly from what is now Germany rather than the Netherlands

OK so I will end with this ....

Statistically, the VOC eclipsed all of its rivals in the Asia trade. Between 1602 and 1796 the VOC sent almost a million Europeans to work in the Asia trade on 4,785 ships, and netted for their efforts more than 2.5 million tons of Asian trade goods. By contrast, the rest of Europe combined sent only 882,412 people from 1500 to 1795, and the fleet of the English (later British) East India Company, the VOC’s nearest competitor, was a distant second to its total traffic with 2,690 ships and a mere one-fifth the tonnage of goods carried by the VOC. The VOC enjoyed huge profits from its spice monopoly through most of the 17th century.

The Dutch East India Company remained an important trading concern for almost two centuries, paying an 18% annual dividend for almost 200 years. In its declining years in the late 18th century it was referred to as Vergaan Onder Corruptie (referring to the acronym VOC) which translates as 'Perished By Corruption'. The VOC became bankrupt and was formally dissolved in 1800, its possessions and the debt being taken over by the government of the Dutch Batavian Republic. The VOC's territories became the Dutch East Indies and were expanded over the course of the 19th century to include the whole of the Indonesian archipelago, and in the 20th century would form Indonesia.

When we travel the road to Rome one cannot stop and pause at the size of our little dutch friends even less intimading than the Jesuits .........peace
ps I came across paper currency from south africa ...en.wikipedia.org... scroll down a bit ...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ancient Mesopotamian units of measurement

the Shekel::

used to measure area, volume, and mass

en.wikipedia.org...

Mesopotamia was heavily influenced by "Phoenician" Semitic/pre-Hebrew merchants and traders.

www.lebanon2000.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

When i first heard about this conspiracy theory, my reaction was exactly like yours, to be honest, it was inconceivable that there could be a secret society behind the Vatican and unimaginable that it could be the Ancient Roman Empire, since we all have been told that it felt in 476 AD.

when someone told me that the The Great Architect of the Universe was not in reality, a representation of God but in fact TPTB, more specifically the Ancient Roman Empire which secretly, since the end of the 5th century, have been managing and controlling the world in anticipation of, one day when science, technologies and resources will permit it, unifying the world under a one world government (empire), at first it even scared me and i decided to ignore and forget about it. I couldn't conceived that our history was based on lies and that our liberty is only an illusion...

But when i saw this brilliant thread (All Roads Lead to Rome) by the genius ProtoplasmicTraveler and start to follow this Epic Thread, every pieces of the puzzle were taking their places in my head and i finally succeed to see the big picture of the world as it really is.....under the control of Rome and the heirs of Julius Caesar..!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8667b7b0daa9.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 24-11-2010 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Information, facts and speculations in this Thread do not frighten me and some of the content is hardly news!

The elite exist, they have always existed, even before the advent ascendency and fall of historical Rome and they will exist in all human collectives, until there is evolutionary change.

Elites in other parts of the world have not been so heavily influenced by the empires that sprung up around the Med (Old World) yet they maintain their power, authority and control with the same tools and people crushing patterns of behaviour as the West (New World/Rome).

The influence of Rome, like the influence of other more ancient regimes and not, has shaped and informed our 21st century understanding of the world we live in. That every human group develops strata and hierarchy is self evident. What is hidden is that hierarchy itself is the beast that enslaves us. If you do not believe me, go to work or school or whatever tomorrow and tell the boss you will no longer be taking instruction from him. Then tell him you do not believe in instituted authority and have no respect whatsoever for his position or that of the manager he must appease and obey. Tell your coach you do not agree and will not comply with his strategic decisions to secure the game and see how long you survive on the team.

There is something the elites fear more than poverty, that has nothing to do with the orderliness of Rome or any other socio-economic construct.

They fear the unexpected and unpredictable, the wild and the free. They fear what they cannot control and they fear the friends they have kept close as much as the enemies they've rejected.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this issue Mick.

When I first ran into this thread and Proto, I picked it apart, but the more I researched law, banking, military and religion, the more I began to see the guiding hand of Rome in this grand conspiracy.

That is not saying that other entities have not influenced Rome.

They have, without a doubt, as teapot has very eloquently pointed out, but what I now see is that Rome is the culmination of these influences.
Rome has essentially incorporated their ideas and made them their own.

I am grateful for all of the very well informed and well researched information posted to this thread by yourself, xienchen, aquarius, masqua, teapot, jackflap, SEVERAL others that I am not mentioning(not out of disrespect if I left you out, I am up there in my years and my memory is not what it was at one time) and of course Proto.

This thread has rattled some folks here at ATS, and not the normal posters mind you.
But those with clout.

All you have to do is take a look at my Auschwitz thread to see how despised Proto, and by way of him, myself, have become by some folks here, and that is as far as I will go with that.

While not everything that Proto has stated might be 100% on the money, I think that some readers are missing the forest for the trees.

I know that Proto has decided to take a break from ATS, and I did for a minute as well.

It is good to do that when things get as heated as they became on my Auschwitz thread.

But please do send Proto your best.

We don't need to lose him here at ATS.
In fact, we need more people who are as diligent and measured in their convictions as not to waffle in the face of imminent pressure as he.

Seriously... If you appreciate his work, then take the time to send him a U2U telling him that.
I think that he might need our support right now.

All my best...

-Josephus.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

On your list of members who we should ALL be grateful, for very well informed and well researched information posted to this thread you forget one who was in, since the beginning and maybe the most generous one that help Proto....one of the best conspiracy theorist....
M. Josephus23

Proto... for many here, you are a great conspiracy theorist, a great man and definitely a Genius but also devoted and generous. Maybe we don't all, tell you how grateful we are.... but trust me ...WE ARE MANY...!

Hail Proto..!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

GREAT acknowledgments

I couldn't have said it any better !

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thank you kindly xeunchen for the words of respect (sorry for the misspelling of your avatar earlier);

Although several attempts have been made to derail this thread (very much purposely and coordinated in my opinion) we have assembled an incredible little community of very diligent researchers who has managed to keep this going on pretty much on topic despite heavy resistance.

I would hate to see this thread die because of too much pressure from the top.

Once again, thank you for the kind words, but mostly thank you for your well researched and well thought comments that have added MUCH to this thread.

Although this is primarily the work of Proto, who deserves mad props, it is also the work of the many contributors and I feel like it is not solely Proto's thread any longer, but it has become a thread that belongs to our somewhat small, but diligent group of dedicated contributors.

Keep up the good fight my friend.

-Josephus

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

i really think that this Epic Thread will never ends, Proto as placed the cornerstone of revolution against the secret dictatorship of Rome, ProtoplasmicTraveler is a real Charismatic Leader and his precious contribution to the conspiracy community is inestimable.

The only Great Charismatic Leader, i can compare and associate Proto with is...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Oh snap....

I started to reply to this and this strange smoke covered my eyes
And about 3 minutes ago I remembered what I originally wanted to write about this issue.

If you haven't never done so, then listen to the actual speech in the Kennedy Archives.

Link to the real speech with the transcrispts.

Check it out I think that you need real player.

Link to speech

He drops some heavy bombs in the real speech.

Enjoy. .

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i am researching jesuits activities and participation on historical important events and i realized that the religious Legion of Rome who follow the teachings of the Catholic Church, was implicated on all important events. they are engaged in evangelization and apostolic ministry in 112 nations on all six continents.

During the time of colonization of the new world(America) British Jesuits, French Jesuits and Spanish Jesuits were in charge of converting infidels natives and also the management of imported British, French and Spanish populations groups on each part of America.

i asked my self, why Rome sent British, French and Spanish Legions to conquer and colonize the New World then i tought, wasn't It to best way to control the populations of the New World, i mean if only one nation was sent, rebel groups could had decided to do what ever they wanted oversea, independently of Rome decisions but by keeping a adversary, opponent strategy new civilians of the New World kept the need of military forces present in comunities.

Jesuits were also present to keep a control in China, Japan, USSR and even Nazy Germany during WW2 atrocities.

To me, it look like the Anciant Roman Empire became even more and more powerful after it ''supposedly''
fell...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

YES,

the Jesuits are experts of the "theory - anti-theory" side-tracking trick !

it also keeps NEW MONEY in the new economies flowing to the old monopolies.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed24be230ea8.png[/atsimg]

Direct link in case it gets cut off: files.abovetopsecret.com...

At the top of that chart it says the source is "Federal Reserve Directors: A Study of Corporate and Banking Influence, Staff Report for the Committee on Banking, Currency and Housing, House of Representatives, 94th Congress. Second Session, August, 1976".

I found that exact report, which you can see here, and interestingly enough, out of the 75 charts and 127 pages not one reference to that specific chart.

So, as for the validity of the chart, that still may be up in the air, but the claim that the chart came from this report seems to be a fabrication.

With that said, the Congressional Report is a very telling exposure of the Federal Reserve, and ties many directors to different corporations and organizations which presents a clear picture of just how small this group of people is and how much power they really have.

I don't have much time at the moment to dig too deep into this, but the report definitely has a lot of good leads and is a great resource to use when trying to "follow the money". There's a lot of names, corporations, numbers, and connections compiled into this report that are well worth researching.

It's almost shocking to see such an official document end with the statement: "In summary, the Federal Reserve directors are apparently representatives of a small elite group which dominates much of the economic life of this nation."
edit on 26-11-2010 by Epiphron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Epiphron

this page::

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

has the same chart minus the comments. and has more details and names
can't confirm as genuine info.

these links has some more info::

www.apfn.net...

www.the7thfire.com...

and here is an "anti-theory"::

www.usagold.com...

edit on 27-11-2010 by xuenchen because: added link

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Thanks to Epiphron we can confirm that the chart isn't genuine, it is fake.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Thanks to Epiphron we can confirm that the chart isn't genuine, it is fake.

Yes but is it a genuine fake?

In other words did someone going through the original investors in the Fed compile it and add the congressional reference for credibility and impact, or is it a complete fabrication.

Importantly was it made specifically to appear to be a complete fabrication as a means to cast doubt or innocense on the people listed on the chart.

For instance similar to the police pulling up on someone with contraband and the suspect tapping his pocket with the contraband in it demonstrably and saying "What you are looking for is right here" and the police laughing and driving off, thinking no one would make such a self damagnig ommission.

That's not to say that there is anything credible on the chart.

However the thing that aides most big conspiracies going unchecked or undetected is that ellement of confusion that can easily be added to the equation by the conspirators.

As Epiphron stated, "It's very chilling to see this in black and white, where a member of our congress questions how few people control our money supply"

The assumption of most people is our congress people would work dilligently against such a thing happening, so that one statement alone would cast a significant doubt in most people's mind, even if it was an entirely true statement.

We do have a pretty good idea though who was at Jeckyll Island and who they represented, and that it was a small group of people.

Since the blueprint to a succesfull and powerful business is often all about creating as much of a monopoly in that market as possible, it's safe to assume that they would have wanted to keep it very small at the top.

Now we just have to figure out who is at the top.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proto ,do you think the wikileaks ,diplomatic files would contain the information we need to give us who these few are? I know that all roads lead to Rome but that stop they make in The Netherlands has some very interesting history .I noticed they were on the call list from the US to wann them about the release ....with over 2 million conversations ,someone would be able to figure it out ...peace

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree that "The Chart" may very well be "accurate".

In fact it would make sense because of the Rothschilds' (and others) ties to "central banks" of nations and their manipulations of markets and corporations::

www.rothschildarchive.org.../textguide/articles/loans

this link has some interesting "coincidences" about people involved with Fed Reserve and with early Rothschild "finances"::

www.rense.com...

There also is the theory of Rothschild and other groups holding Bonds of nations debt as well as holding stock in major banks which hold stock in the Fed Reserve districts. The Fed Reserve stock itself by the words of the FRA (Federal Reserve Act) pays a 6% dividend.

www.federalreserve.gov...

and it seems that many links to articles and essays about this subject are dead links or say that the "pages have been removed" !

here is one link about some current dealings in Europe:: (if it still works!)

dailybail.com...

and some Rockefeller history::

www.apfn.net...

and some more Rothschild::

www.xat.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join