It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The government's experiments with cloud seeding can be proven to be responsible for over 200 deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In writing this I have attempted to be as unbiased as possible, and simply provide evidence to prove of a single case where the government was responsible for cloud seeding, and how that cloud seeding was responsible for the death of over 200 people.

I first found out about this story from a friend who was a news reporter that was one of the first people able to survey the damage as a result of the flash flood that was caused by cloud seeding. I wanted to write this sooner, but finals were keeping me from being able to do so.

On the night of June 9, 1972, a flash flood came through the city of Rapid City, South Dakota. A dam that was upstream of the city was overcome with water from an extreme cloud burst that dumped between 10 and 15 inches of rain in just six hours. As a result of the cloud burst, the Canyon Lake dam failed, and about 400,000 gallons of water washed across most of the city.

After the water subsided, 236 people died, 2900 were injured, and over 150 million dollars in damages were estimated. The results of this catastrophe is the worst natural disaster to ever hit the state of South Dakota.

Soon after the water subsided, it became clear that government agencies were to blame, and had been conducting experiments with what was unheard of at the time, "Cloud seeding."

Families of the victims of the crime the government committed filed a class action lawsuit against two agencies, the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology, and the IAS. Unfortunately, through mysterious circumstances, nothing came of the lawsuit, and it never went to court.

In conclusion, the government was responsible for death and destruction of life and property, and got away with murder. Nothing ever came of lawsuits filed against the government. This story has been subtly swept under the rug.

I believe this story is relevant to the "chemtrail" debates.

Sources-(with no citation style in no particlular order)
www.jaytrobec.com...
apatheticlemming.blogspot.com...
starryskies.com...
books.google.com... EiM&hl=en&ei=JovTS_veMsX7lweeocntDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CA4Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=rapid%20city%20cloud%20seeding%20flood&f=false< br />

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Happyfeet]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hi Happy,
Could you modify the books link itself, as it is expanding the page a lot. An interesting subject however.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, cloud seeding can not create a violent storm, and how would you know it would not have happened anyways? The Dakotas do get severe storms.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
Well, cloud seeding can not create a violent storm, and how would you know it would not have happened anyways? The Dakotas do get severe storms.

Cloud seeding led to a violent storm that stayed in one place because it was not part of a storm system, and had no wind to push the storm along.

Saying that cloud seeding could not create a violent storm is garbage.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I've never heard of this case before and I'm haighy dubious that a violent storm occurred only because of cloud seeding - indeed tests show only a small increase in precipitation and many still question whether it really works at all (it's difficult to prove whether rain or snow woud have fallen without seeding).

But it's worth noting that cloud seeding in the USA is nowadays carried out by private firms, usually hired by farmers or ski centres.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
They must be doing so many experiments on humans all over this globe, with the anglo american(rubbish about freedoms), the worst.

We all know in reality the anglo american empire is as bad as china and russia, in terms of human rights.

new topics

top topics

join